Marvel Comics & Marvel Unlimited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    A few days ago I went through the Daredevil/Elektra series..not sure it blew me away, but in a roundabout way I do feel like it gave me a bit more context regarding their early relationship that was only shown in bits and pieces in the Netflix series. I know, they're not the same continuity, but they're coming from a very similar place, so...close enough for government work.

Last night and this morning I went through the follow-up series, Elektra, as well. I enjoyed it a bit more than the Daredevil/Elektra series. It was nice to see Kingpin play a big role, since at this point he's already debuted in the Spider-Man title; helps to start stitching this all together into one universe. I was a bit thrown that he's back in town, after having gone into hiding for murder in Spider-Man #12, but hey--it's not like comic continuity is ever perfect.
    Spider-man is a major player in this universe, he weaves in and out of everything.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'm interested to see the two Iron Man miniseries. I've read that these are not strictly in continuity with later stories so I may end up tossing them out from my head-canon, but I'm still curious to read them. And Card is kind of a dick in real life, but he writes interesting fiction.
    They are relatively quick and fun reads, but they are completely disregarded when we meet Iron Man later with "The Ultimates" (this universes version of Avenger's). That being said, they were written by Orson Scott Card and have a fun but obvious Ender's Game and even more so Ender's Shadow feel to them (books).
    sigpic

Comment

SO I've read maybe half way or more through the entire Ultimate Universe...really good and a great launching point for first time readers.

Spider-Man 1-77
      X-Men 1-67
      Fantastic Four 1-20
      A few different multi-party series events

I'm planning on finishing this entire run in the next month or so and then finishing up Secret Wars after that.
      sigpic

Comment

I jumped back into reading comics about a week ago. It's funny, the post above is about where a stopped. I'm 10-15 issues ahead of the above and can start to see the different Universes colliding.
        sigpic

Comment

Just finished Ultimate Spider-Man 117. This entire series is such a great run that continues to get better and better. If anyone would be interested you could easily start with issue 1 and read straight through without worrying about X-Men, Fantastic 4 or event series. You would miss a few references but it wouldn't stop you from enjoying the run.

I'm at:
          -Ultimate X-Men #81
          -Ultimate Fantastic 4 #47
          -Ultimates (v3) #1

It's getting close to the Ultimatum event which leads into the Cataclysm which leads to Secret Wars where the Ultimate Universe and Prime Universe collide. Still have a ways to go, but I can see pieces starting to fall into place.
          sigpic

Comment

DC is coming out with a service that will offer some comics, no details on the extent yet. It will be mostly video streaming from the looks of it.

As for my comics reading on Marvel Unlimited. Ultimatum Event was insane.
            sigpic

Comment

I finished the Ultimate Universe in its entirety. It was awesome. Spider-Man was a highlight, Fantastic 4 had a few really amazing arcs and just the slightly different spin on most of the characters was really cool. I didn't really like how this universe handled the Mutants, but a few of them were kinda cool.

I'm now into Secret Wars\Battleworld which was my end goal all along. Multiverse collision, everyone fighting, really unique collision of events and I have no idea where it is going to end.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X