• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Martian Chronicles (211)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211
    A White Martian from M'gann's past shows up to bring her to justice for her war crimes, putting J'onn and the rest of the team in harm's way when the DEO must go into lockdown -- not knowing which of them is the enemy in disguise.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 11 February 2017, 09:25 PM.

IMO a rather poor ep.. Other than the 'relationship' front, nothing much storyline wise got furthered.. And the fights? Man does it seem nearly every alien can beat up John and Kara...

Comment

Yeah, I'm tired of the relationship crap too. Keeps up, I'm going to lose interest in this.

What are they doing now? Laying groundwork for Kara & Winn a few weeks from now?

Comment

I have to agree, I wish they'd take a break with the relationship stuff. If it's not Alex/Maggie, it's Kara/Mon-El. It doesn't help that it all seems so juvenile/high school to me right now (M'gann and J'onn's relationship is the only one that seems mature to me). Kara says she doesn't like Mon-El after he confesses his feelings, only for her to later confess to Alex that it's more complicated than that and get jealous when she then sees him with another woman. Kara feels left out and Alex feels guilty because she (Alex) is going out to a concert with her girlfriend. It feels so silly. I also preferred it when Alex's main arc (outside of the adventure of the week) wasn't about having a romantic partner. Whatever happened to finding her father? (I really don't remember, did they settle that? The last thing I remember was him helping Kara and Mon-El get away from Cadmus)

I thought the story with M'gann and the White Martians was pretty good/interesting though.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          Whatever happened to finding her father? (I really don't remember, did they settle that? The last thing I remember was him helping Kara and Mon-El get away from Cadmus).
          They seemed to have dropped that plot line in the local black hole it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            They seemed to have dropped that plot line in the local black hole it seems.
            I'm guessing/hoping that they'll pick it back up again eventually, but it seems weird to me that Alex hasn't mentioned anything about her dad since Thanksgiving (that I can remember, anyway). Her whole life outside of work seems to revolve around around her love life now, and I'm really not a fan of that (even when she's hanging out with Kara she's sqeeing over/talking about Maggie half of the time).
            sigpic

Comment

I quite like the Alex/Maggie relationship but I fel it's having a detrimental effect on Alex/Kara and that relationship to me is partly what made the show so good. I hope they manage to find a balance btween the 2 and get that back.

Also what annoyed me was Alex on team Mon-El? Like what the hell? It seemed like she was pushing this so she didn't fel so guilty about ignoring Kara even though Kara wasn't interested and now Alex has Kara second guessing herself. What the hell is going on. I know Alex is in a new relationship an' all but her blowing Kara off like that on her Earth birthday seems off to me. It's just not something Alex would do after everything Kara has been through, losing her entire planet and everyone she ever know other than Clark. It just seems OOC

They are doing a rather grand job isolating Kara the last few eps
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't mind Alex/Maggie (or Kara/Mon-El) at first, but now it Feels like Alex is all about Maggie, and I agree with you, it's affecting/taking time away from Kara/Alex and that's one of the things I loved about the show. I also hope they find a better balance. I thought the whole going to a concert on Kara's Earth birthday was silly and that it was a contrived/immature way to create drama between the sisters. The Kara/Mon-El scenes in this episode also felt like something out of a high school drama and Kara came across as being too wishy-washy.
                sigpic

Comment

The Alex/Maggie thing was kinda high schoolish and it wasn't like alex at all. I know her relationship is new but I just don't see her blowing off Kara on her earth birthday like that. It was too out of character IMO. Also the Kara/Mon-El was weird. It feels like Kara only started having feelings for him after alex talked her into it. I hate that they've got every guy that Kara becomes friends with ends up falling for her. I'm surprised J'onn hasn't fallen for her yet
                  sigpic

Comment

I am also wondering was that whole Alex/maggie angle pushed into the show, to push a pro LGBTQ agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      The Alex/Maggie thing was kinda high schoolish and it wasn't like alex at all. I know her relationship is new but I just don't see her blowing off Kara on her earth birthday like that. It was too out of character IMO. Also the Kara/Mon-El was weird. It feels like Kara only started having feelings for him after alex talked her into it. I hate that they've got every guy that Kara becomes friends with ends up falling for her. I'm surprised J'onn hasn't fallen for her yet
                      Lol, I hope they never go there (and I really don't think they will), he's too much of a father/mentor to Kara for it to ever be romantic. It is a bit annoying that every guy that Kara becomes friends with falls for her, but I guess since she's Supergirl she inspires people and draws them to her or whatever lol.

I am also wondering was that whole Alex/maggie angle pushed into the show, to push a pro LGBTQ agenda?
                      I don't see it as an agenda. I think they're just trying to appeal to and represent all kinds of people.
                      sigpic

Comment

VampyreWraith I don't think they will either, I was joking But then again.......

So I wonder who'll be the "love interest" in season 3. We should start taking bets
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol, that's true you never know They'll probably find some new guy to fall for her next season. I just hope they don't try to put Kara with Winn. I know that he had a thing for her during the first season, but I'm glad that she never had romantic feelings for him. I love their friendship and I feel that putting them together romantically would ruin it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            Lol, that's true you never know They'll probably find some new guy to fall for her next season. I just hope they don't try to put Kara with Winn. I know that he had a thing for her during the first season, but I'm glad that she never had romantic feelings for him. I love their friendship and I feel that putting them together romantically would ruin it.
                            Yeah, that scene with Winn & Supergirl scared me too.

Comment

To actually give Alex some character development as opposed to her just being a placeholder like most of last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X