Are the goa'uld telepathic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the goa'uld telepathic?

In The Lost City when Anubis appears in front of Hayes in the Oval Office how did how know exactly where to go. What kind of intel did he have on Earth to know where the President would be? Or that the U.S. President was the one he needed to talk to? Earth is a big planet with lots of nations and leaders, and you don't see any jaffa running around. So where did Anubis get his info from to know all this stuff?

Overall I want to say plot convenience. If you really want an explanation you could say that he knew about it from probing Thor, who likely had taken scans of both the planet and the country, and Jonas, who probably learned about the American government when he joined the SGC.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Good question.. Maybe if the trust was active back then, he got info that way..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Good question.. Maybe if the trust was active back then, he got info that way..
        I'm pretty sure The Trust was in full operation back then, but just not infiltrated by the goa'uld, yet.

Comment

I think it would've been funny if Anubis DID have a human slave on Earth gathering intel and rather than appear to Hayes as a hologram he phoned him on a sat phone. It piqued Vala's curiosity when Ba'al did it, lol.

Comment

Even funnier: Anubis decides to use his hologram at a moment when the President had just stepped out of the oval office for a bit, and he's just stood there looking at the empty furniture going "I'll just wait..."
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

That would have been funny. But could you imagine if he borked up the location, and say had 'appeared' in the Vatican, or in the mid of Moscow's red square?!

Comment

What really would've been funny is if Anubis spawned in on the prez using the bathroom, or some other compromising fashion.

Comment

well even though the asguard treaty made it so the goauld couldnt attack earth, I'm sure they would have traveled close to earth many times and tried to learn about us from our tv and radio signals. not to mention the fact that anubis out of everyone was once ascended and had crazy knowledge still

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                    well even though the asguard treaty made it so the goauld couldnt attack earth, I'm sure they would have traveled close to earth many times and tried to learn about us from our tv and radio signals. not to mention the fact that anubis out of everyone was once ascended and had crazy knowledge still
                    Being ascended doesn't make you all knowing. That's what Daniel said about the Ori, "it doesn't make you all-knowing, it just gives a greater understanding of the way things work." Daniel would be one to know this since he was ascended, though he didn't retain that knowledge.

Comment

The Asgard were not ascended. AND during that time they were too busy dealing with the replicators..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        The Asgard were not ascended. AND during that time they were too busy dealing with the replicators..
                        I never said a thing about the Asgard.

Comment

Working...
                        X