American Mythology : new SGU comics starting soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Mythology : new SGU comics starting soon

New comic series will start soon from American Mythology which should come out realivey soon. I spoke with one of the writers and it'll be backed up a little from where it ends at the stasis chambers but go on from there. Season Three people! SGU lives!

Originally posted by WOLVERINE428 View Post
    New comic series will start soon from American Mythology which should come out realivey soon. I spoke with one of the writers and it'll be backed up a little from where it ends at the stasis chambers but go on from there. Season Three people! SGU lives!
    Wow. that's really good news.

I can't wait to read this..
    http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
    sigpic
    My fics at my site
    Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Wow, it would be interesting to see what became of everyone, I hear there is an Icarus Base prequel in the works as well.

Is there any concept art available online?

Comment

http://stargatecomicfan.tumblr.com/

If there is, it's probably on here. I can only remember seeing the cover for the prequel though.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

It's the same people doing the Atlantis comics? Pass.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Comics...blah...would obviously rather have a follow on/conclusion movie.

Comment

It's not even by anyone on the original shows creative team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
                Comics...blah...would obviously rather have a follow on/conclusion movie.
                Agreed. And does anyone know if the comics have even been 'greenlit' by the show creators? or are they just being done without the input of the SGU staff?

Comment

It's likely just the license department at MGM. As much as I'd love to see SG return to the screens, it isn't happening. I'll just enjoy all the new material as much as I can instead The comics have been pretty decent so far and I love more of the novels than I dislike so I'm happy there.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I will definitely give the series a try. The Atlantis comics are decent and I already love comics and Stargate so this works out. There are definitely better examples out there of good licensed comics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      I will definitely give the series a try. The Atlantis comics are decent and I already love comics and Stargate so this works out. There are definitely better examples out there of good licensed comics though.
                      I was involved with this comic, but for various reasons I had to step away. (Disclaimer, I have authored a different comic book for that publisher, but that doesn't affect my review or opinion of this book)

I just bought SGU #1, and it's really good. It takes a bit of getting used to reading it in comic-book form, when the show was slow and atmospheric, where a comic is a quick read, but it's an interesting start to a new storyline. It feels like a teaser, and there's much more to come. Can't wait to see where it goes.

One thing -- as an author myself -- I have to ask you to please *buy* it, be it on Kindle, in hardcopy or elsewhere. These things operate on a razor thin margin, and if they don't sell, they won't continue.

It's great that there's finally new, licensed, official SGU. Let's keep it going.
                      Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

I've read the comics but I.... hm.

I'm not sure how super into them I am right now. xD I know it's a short series and ending soon, so I guess we'll see how things wrap up.

Comment

Working...
                        X