No announcement yet.

Carrie Fisher WILL NOT be recreated via CGI for Episode IX or any other films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a complete refutation: Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy says that Carrie will not be appearing in Episode IX.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hi,

And a complete refutation: Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy says that Carrie will not be appearing in Episode IX.
      I notice that there is nothing saying how her character's story will end. It does need to end somehow. Maybe a brief line or two to complete the story.

I recall a movie where the witch (?) was played by June Lockheart. Elsewhere in the movie, in a flashback, her daughter Ann played the same character.

Please note that the statement is "Carrie" will not be in the movie, not "Leia." As in SG1, Siler was the body double for Richard Dean Anderson, a brief appearance of Leia could be done.

Also, the last Pink Panther movie - David Niven was in bad shape and Rich Little did the voice impression of David Niven for the movie.

Oh well, I liked Carrie Fisher's comment: Instant gratification is too slow.

Doug vV

Comment

Originally posted by edgarcorny View Post
        Hi,

I notice that there is nothing saying how her character's story will end. It does need to end somehow. Maybe a brief line or two to complete the story.

I recall a movie where the witch (?) was played by June Lockheart. Elsewhere in the movie, in a flashback, her daughter Ann played the same character.

Please note that the statement is "Carrie" will not be in the movie, not "Leia." As in SG1, Siler was the body double for Richard Dean Anderson, a brief appearance of Leia could be done.

Also, the last Pink Panther movie - David Niven was in bad shape and Rich Little did the voice impression of David Niven for the movie.

Oh well, I liked Carrie Fisher's comment: Instant gratification is too slow.

Doug vV
        From Digi's link

Shortly after the actress’ death in December, Lucasfilm confirmed that it had “no plans to digitally re-create Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa” in Episode IX.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          “no plans to digitally re-create
          They have the rights to her image and using a body double is not digitally re-createing Carrie Fisher.

Yes, I'm picking nits - danged I do not want to be a lawyer..

Doug vV

Comment

It is if they do her face a la Rogue One.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hi,

They have the rights to her image and using a body double is not digitally re-createing Carrie Fisher.

Yes, I'm picking nits - danged I do not want to be a lawyer..

Doug vV
              But you want to play one on TV, right?
              We're just going to have to wait and see the final release version of the film before we know. I wouldn't put it past a studio executive to pass out false info in order to keep story secrets.

Comment

Hi,

I've not watched TV since 2013. I was unemployed and can not afford cable or satelite. I do not feel I've missed much except Dr Who new episodes. By the way, the TV I was using until about 2 months ago was an analog set <grin>.

I am building my model railroad and I have a 3D printed Stargate to use as a tunnel portal and a police box for use as a TARDIS. In November I should be able to claim 75% Social Security (as much fiction as anything in science) and then I'll be able to afford TV/cable/satalite.

Interesting how nothing has changed since 2013 : no Stargate, no Firefly, lost Warehouse 13, lost Haven, crazy "let's do the 1960's Star Trek with new actors", and the most promising new item is Shannara on DVD. There was Alphas that season 2 seemed to go wrong. There was a show about a woman policeman going back into time to 2012 or so - what happened? What happened to the terriformed St Louis show - looked promising.

Doug vV

Comment

considering how they screwed up the CGI for Leia in Rogue One maybe that's not a bad idea (the fake one didn't look at all like the real deal, which is weird cause the CGI for Tarkin was masterfully done even though he should be harder to imitate)

Comment

There was a show about a woman policeman going back into time to 2012 or so - what happened? What happened to the terriformed St Louis show - looked promising.

Doug vV
                    The time travel show was "Continuum", which ran 4 years and out. Actually, 3 1/2 years; S4 was a 6 ep. gift to let them wrap it up. Was quite good. It's available on home media & streaming.

Comment

Working...
                    X