X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend -themes from videogames?

Well I do not know where else to ask that,, so I do it here

Personally I always enjoy the weekend-themes but I was wodering since I like RPG videogames a lot, if you ever did a theme for a weekend based on a videogame series?

We haven't done a Video game(s) theme yet.

Main problem is that none of the Mods are up on any recent games or have time to play any.

Do you think there'd be wider appeal on the forum?
    I know we have threads for Mass Effect and other games but are the players still around?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Why does it have to be recent?

I think most people will be familiar with 90s games, Mario and Sonic at least, games like Legend of Zelda, or Metroid, while well known might be a little obscure to some. Or if you want to be less specific, Nintendo and Sega. Everyone knows at least a few Nintendo characters. Or a hundred or so Pokemon

Comment

I didn't say it has to be recent - my point was that none of the Mods to my knowledge have any of the more recent games.

I used to have loads of the Sega games and nearly went berserk trying to get through Metroid and Sonic.Got bored with Mario etc because of glitching.
        One of my fave games was Gauntlet on the Master System.Heck I even remember playing Frogger and Pong many years ago when they were new,and the Ikari Warriors and Harley Davidson games on the Atari ST.
        *Snaps off nostalgic babbling*

Depending on what Az'ryel suggests,we could try for a general theme,or something more specific.Maybe both,but on different months?

Comment

I vaguely remember Gauntlet! I had a Master System But I played Castle of Illusion more

Comment

Gauntlet ruled. Unfortunately I never had the chance to play Castle of Illusion.

Comment

I remember playing it a lot. I made it to the end a couple of times *was 6*

Comment

I remember playing a game on old Macintosh Classic computers called Crystal Quest

Comment

It was just a general guestion really. I do not know if many people here play at least the newer games but there are some bigger popular game series that could be used eventually, such as Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid and Dragon Age but also maybe Tomb Raider or Final Fantasy

But as I said it was just a question If there is no base for that then there isn't
                  Last edited by DarkenLycht; 16 January 2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the thought you've put into this idea ,and ty to the others who gave feedback!
                    I've moved the thread into Forum announcements and left a week's redirect in OT Chatter,to see if anyone wants to add their thoughts.

Mass Effect and a couple of games were already on our suggestions list,but we've added Video Games in there as a retro theme with a view to seeing if it goes well.

( Won't be done in January: there'll be a thread for that v soon!)

Comment

Oh well that just came to my mind because Mass Effect Andromeda is to be released in March, and that is a Sci-Fi game and there is a lot things about Sci-F other than SG around here too. As well as of course some topics of fantasy genre related things, which are also the topic of many games

Comment

More cool ideas!

Comment

I'm a gamer.

And OMGODDESS, the fun we could have with a Pokemon-themed weekend, or Mario.

Personal favorite = the Halo franchise.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Metroid!!

Comment

All possible given time and a lot of help putting the titles together.

(Except Pokémon.I can do that one by myself,if chosen,lol!)

Comment

Working...
                              X