Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StarGate Universe: Legacy

Merry Xmas!

Thought I wouldn't wait to 2017 to announce my just-completed Stargate fanfic, a continuation (or ending, if you will) for SGU.

For Eli Wallace it's the end of the trip.

Or perhaps a new chance to turn around the entire situation.

The StarGate's the key...

http://sgu-legacy.blogspot.com/

I can't say I've seen a script published in that format before but I'm curious! You're images don't appear to be working though.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Curiosity + Stargate = Adventure!

I'm using a simplified Script format, HTMLized to color-code characters and locations, and arrange dialog in a more modern way. The color palette's a bit random, but the Style Sheet can be easily tweaked, if someone with good color taste/skills happens by.

The original text-only script still exists. I probably should upload it too. But the formatting was less important to me than the tale. I hope it doesn't get in the way of an enjoyable read.

The images (icons / talking heads) would work, if I had gotten around to uploading them. ¬_¬

But I'm unsure about it, because of possible image rights infringement.

Comments, suggestions, welcome! ^_^

Comment

I'm sure you'll be fine. It's fanfiction after all. Fair use and all that.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

It would only be fair, yes. Hope it helps readability.

Comment

Found this:

David Blue explains how Stargate Universe should continue

http://www.blastr.com/2013-2-26/davi...hould-continue

Wonder how he'd like my version of it.
            Last edited by plumber; 04 March 2018, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Hi again,

I just added a brief interlude. Enjoy!

The present is shaped by the past. Or was it the other way around?

SGU: Origins - Peacemakers

http://sgu-legacy.blogspot.com/2016/...acemakers.html
              Last edited by plumber; 04 March 2018, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

Here's another short interlude:

Comments, suggestions welcome!

Comment

Hi again,

Here's the last interlude, or should we say "post-lude":

What happens at the end of the mission?

SGU: Coda - Signals & Port Ends

https://sgu-legacy.blogspot.com/2016...a-signals.html

Last edited by plumber; 04 March 2018, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber View Post
                    Hi again,

Here's the last interlude, or should we say "post-lude":

What happens at the end of the mission?

SGU: Coda - Signals & Port Ends

https://sgu-legacy.blogspot.com/2016...a-signals.html

Thanks for writing and sharing it. I have readed it, but I believe I have to re-read it again to understand it completly. You have really played well with time and space. I could imagine the events with your script style even if it was a bit disturbing and odd at first, I could get used to it. So well done, write more! And definately with some positive attitude and ending!
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      I have to re-read it again to understand it completly.
                      it was a bit disturbing and odd at first
                      That was, huh... totally intended. Yep. Totally.

Screenplays are supposed to leave enough room for the artists (director, actors, FX...) to work their magic, so details tend to be minimal. Also, "inner monologue" and "omniscient narrator" tend to... not be. Hence the abundance of explosions (to fill the voids).

Pyrotechnics aside, I hope my answer to the "CMBR question" is simple, logical, and juicy enough for your hunger to know.

If you find anything that needs clarification or fixing, PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by plumber View Post
                        Pyrotechnics aside, I hope my answer to the "CMBR question" is simple, logical, and juicy enough for your hunger to know.
                        I have re-readed, but I still couldn't find (or understand) what was your version about CMBR. Maybe I am blind or too tired, but I haven't found the right information in your fan fiction.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          what was your version about CMBR
                          It's shown more than told, but in the 2nd half Rush says:
                          It was as much the product of the Signal's essence as of our limited accuracy in rebuilding it.
                          P-}

Comment

Working...
                          X