• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectre of the Gun (513)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON FIVE
    SPECTRE OF THE GUN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 513
    Oliver must solve a new problem in his role as Mayor after City Hall is attacked by a lone gunman, thrusting Team Arrow into a very personal conflict over gun control -- and dredging up painful memories of Rene's past.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 February 2017, 08:18 PM.

OHH.. A gun debate episode.
    I liked the flashback scenes for Rene (dawg) finally giving us a glimpse into his backround.. I loved speedy's return AND her reaction to hearing Oli and the reporter are bedding..
    I also liked the return of the Vigilante.

Comment

Hey, Arrow writers? Next time you're thinking about doing A Very Special Episode? Don't.

Also: Please take the keyboard away from whichever writer has decided that Rene needs to say "hoss" every 26 seconds.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hey hoss!

Comment

Shutup Hoss!

I was going to ask, does anybody know roughly how far in advance these episodes are phoned in by the writers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            Shutup Hoss!

I was going to ask, does anybody know roughly how far in advance these episodes are phoned in by the writers?
            Well....Marc Guggenheim tweeted that production was beginning on the episode on November 29, and the page notes on it that "blue revisions" are from the previous day. "Blue" revisions are usually the second draft, depending on how closely the production group follows WGA guidelines. A bit further down on the page it lists a "production draft" date as a week before, Nov 22.

At a guess, it sort of looks like Guggenheim pounded off the script a week before production began, and then gave it a once-over the day before filming started. But I'll admit that I don't know what exactly a "production draft" date refers to, so take my guess with a grain of salt.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So a couple weeks after Trump was elected, guess he was a Hillary fanboy then.

Comment

Which has a whole lot of nothing to do with this?!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Which has a whole lot of nothing to do with this?!
                  He is calling Oliver a liberal. Which I don't see. I found Oliver trying to find a medium. Which is what I liked about this episode in showing us what he can do when he is not the Green Arrow
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    He is calling Oliver a liberal. Which I don't see. I found Oliver trying to find a medium. Which is what I liked about this episode in showing us what he can do when he is not the Green Arrow
                    And even if Oliver was a liberal in the show, he is in the comics too, so I have no problem with it. I thought the episode was a bit heavy-handed, but it was fairly evenhanded too, with both sides having valid reasons for their views.

Comment

AND unlike in real life, where both sides seem to NOT be willing to debate things, they DID so in the show.. THough i did get grated every time Rene and Terrific went at it while Felicity was trying to work and she had to SHOUT AT THEM to cut it out.

Comment

I liked this episode well enough. I liked getting a backstory for Rene and I really liked Diggle and Dinah's talk about Dinah getting an apartment. The gun control/violence debate was really heavy-handed, but I agree that it was also pretty evenhanded and the episode showed that Oliver can accomplish things not only as the Green Arrow but as the mayor as well.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        AND unlike in real life, where both sides seem to NOT be willing to debate things, they DID so in the show.. THough i did get grated every time Rene and Terrific went at it while Felicity was trying to work and she had to SHOUT AT THEM to cut it out.
                        The bickering between Rene and Curtis while Felicity was working annoyed me too (mainly because it felt really forced/shoehorned in).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

That didn't end well for Hamilton!
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X