View Poll Results: How do you want Stargate to return? (Please comment after voting)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continuation TV series of SG-1,SGA and SGU

    4 10.00%
  • Continuation of SG-1

    4 10.00%
  • Continuation of SGA

    7 17.50%
  • Continuation of SGU

    3 7.50%
  • As a NEW Continuation series

    13 32.50%
  • Continuation TV series of SG-1,SGA and SGU AND a new Continuation Series

    4 10.00%
  • Reboot the Series

    3 7.50%
  • Reboot Movie

    0 0%
  • Reboot Movies

    0 0%
  • Continuation in Movies (Please comment & say which one!)

    1 2.50%
  • Cinema Movies

    1 2.50%
  • Television Movies (Eg AoT)

    0 0%
  • Other (please comment)

    0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 103
  1. #61
    Lieutenant Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    4,684

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I would really love continuations of all three series, but realistically if we want anything to succeed it'll need to be a new show.
    New, yes, but at least a few throwbacks to all three. I dunno if you watch Hawaii 5-0 Digi, but they have some -very- cool throwbacks. They don't rule the show, but when they can do it (WELL), it's very cool.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet

  2. #62
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I would really love continuations of all three series, but realistically if we want anything to succeed it'll need to be a new show.
    I've probably posted this a couple times already, but I wouldn't mind a new show at all. However, would just like to know what the actual Canon ending storyline would be for SGA and SGU. Maybe a new show could at least acknowledge what ends up happening to them or carries on in a direction that utilizes the previous storylines as part of its plot. Something to give people closure but also have a hook for fans of the other shows to wanna watch the "theoretical" new show.

  3. #63
    Lieutenant Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    4,684

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiner833 View Post
    I've probably posted this a couple times already, but I wouldn't mind a new show at all. However, would just like to know what the actual Canon ending storyline would be for SGA and SGU. Maybe a new show could at least acknowledge what ends up happening to them or carries on in a direction that utilizes the previous storylines as part of its plot.
    The problem with that is, you start to -limit- your viewing audience insofar as stargate has 17 seasons of stuff to catch up on for "new audiences", and that's a -big- stumbling block. If you just randomly throw out Atlantis or Destiny, people will wonder "WTF are you talking about", and YES, for some people will go back and look into SG-1/SGA/SGU, but for most?
    I just don't think most people have the patience for that, sad as it might be for SG fans.
    Something to give people closure but also have a hook for fans of the other shows to wanna watch the "theoretical" new show.
    I feel your point, I just dunno if it can work -as a basis- for a new show, ya know??
    I think that MGM should "lease" out Stargate to the CW to be honest, and build on the pop culture references in things -like- Supergirl.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet

  4. #64
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    The problem with that is, you start to -limit- your viewing audience insofar as stargate has 17 seasons of stuff to catch up on for "new audiences", and that's a -big- stumbling block. If you just randomly throw out Atlantis or Destiny, people will wonder "WTF are you talking about", and YES, for some people will go back and look into SG-1/SGA/SGU, but for most?
    I just don't think most people have the patience for that, sad as it might be for SG fans.

    I feel your point, I just dunno if it can work -as a basis- for a new show, ya know??
    I think that MGM should "lease" out Stargate to the CW to be honest, and build on the pop culture references in things -like- Supergirl.
    That does make sense to me. I was one of those, however, that watched Atlantis and the SGU before ever watching SG1 many years later. Initially, there were some things that I didn't catch or completely understand. Most of it, I didn't even realize it was a reference to another show. When I did watch SG1 I realized some of those things and they made a little more sense. But honestly, I loved those shows anyway with that originating knowledge missing. To your point about CW, I could see that. I have t watched much CW stuff since Smallville to be honest (I hear they are really good though and will eventually get to it.) As long as it isn't too "teen" based. I would like it to be mostly adult action and not a bunch of pre-teen Gate travelers with love triangles and hormone induced intergalactic destruction.

  5. #65
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiner833 View Post
    That does make sense to me. I was one of those, however, that watched Atlantis and the SGU before ever watching SG1 many years later. Initially, there were some things that I didn't catch or completely understand. Most of it, I didn't even realize it was a reference to another show. When I did watch SG1 I realized some of those things and they made a little more sense. But honestly, I loved those shows anyway with that originating knowledge missing. To your point about CW, I could see that. I have t watched much CW stuff since Smallville to be honest (I hear they are really good though and will eventually get to it.) As long as it isn't too "teen" based. I would like it to be mostly adult action and not a bunch of pre-teen Gate travelers with love triangles and hormone induced intergalactic destruction.
    They could always mention some or all past things and knowledge to help new audiences understand. They do sometimes mention that in some episodes. Also it has been done in other tv series for example Star Trek.


  6. #66
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    They could always mention some or all past things and knowledge to help new audiences understand. They do sometimes mention that in some episodes. Also it has been done in other tv series for example Star Trek.
    Yes and include the occasional flashback to help tie up some of the more hard to explain details.

  7. #67
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    They just need to make a two-hour special which is a retrospective of all of the three series - include only the most important stuff in it, then work the special into the actual new series by having the SG-1/SGA/SGU guys make cameo appearances so they can connect the first three series with the new one and provide a door to quickly open new plots and stories. That can give space for the development of the new characters. Conclude the SG-1/SGA/SGU stuff in 3-4 episodes in the first half of the first season of the new show (not necessarily straight in the beginning), than let the new guys kick ass. Then, much later in the new series (like the 4th or 5th season), have the new guys occasionally get in the kind trouble that the guys from the first three series are familiar with and use the now "veteran" characters to advance the plot and the storyline of the new series while giving short updates on themselves at the end of their cameo episodes.
    Last edited by Mnikolic; March 19th, 2017 at 12:09 PM.

  8. #68
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Wiith how SGU ended, it would need more than a 'retrospective' in a 2 hr ep to conclude it in a manner they could then allow for cameos to go on in other shows.

  9. #69
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    I know that there was a petition on change.org but did that ever get turned in to MGM? Did MGM respond at all if it was? Obviously they haven't made a new show but did the company say anything in response to the petition or just ignore it?

  10. #70
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Mnikolic View Post
    They just need to make a two-hour special which is a retrospective of all of the three series - include only the most important stuff in it, then work the special into the actual new series by having the SG-1/SGA/SGU guys make cameo appearances so they can connect the first three series with the new one and provide a door to quickly open new plots and stories. That can give space for the development of the new characters. Conclude the SG-1/SGA/SGU stuff in 3-4 episodes in the first half of the first season of the new show (not necessarily straight in the beginning), than let the new guys kick ass. Then, much later in the new series (like the 4th or 5th season), have the new guys occasionally get in the kind trouble that the guys from the first three series are familiar with and use the now "veteran" characters to advance the plot and the storyline of the new series while giving short updates on themselves at the end of their cameo episodes.
    I agree with some of the things you have mentioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Wiith how SGU ended, it would need more than a 'retrospective' in a 2 hr ep to conclude it in a manner they could then allow for cameos to go on in other shows.
    I agree with that SGU will need more than a 2 hour episode to conclude it. They can still continue the series and hopefully make changes to it.


    Also do you all think the length of each season should be shortened so not to have to many filler episodes and also do the full length of a season if there is a need? So each season could be at least be between 10 to 15 episodes and go the full 20 or so if it is needed.


  11. #71
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiner833 View Post
    I know that there was a petition on change.org but did that ever get turned in to MGM? Did MGM respond at all if it was? Obviously they haven't made a new show but did the company say anything in response to the petition or just ignore it?

    Yes it is still there. As for if it has been shown to MGM and others, I have no idea but there has been new petitions started. If you go to the first page on this thread, my first post, it has the petitions listed. Here is the link, https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...evision-Series.


  12. #72
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    Also do you all think the length of each season should be shortened so not to have to many filler episodes and also do the full length of a season if there is a need? So each season could be at least be between 10 to 15 episodes and go the full 20 or so if it is needed.
    Well, shows like the 100, The Last ship and the like are doing very well with only 13 eps a season. So if thats how they had to go to return SGU to us, i would be all for it!

  13. #73
    Probie
    Member Since
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    No, please. No more short, no filler seasons. Filler is what adds depth, character development, even can add slight hints towards the main plot. Besides, we live in the age of netflix and binge watching id say make it a 20 episode season WITH filler. Sorry i just cant stand the fad of short seasons.

  14. #74
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Game of Thrones has been driving fans mad for 6 long years with only 10 episodes for each of those years. 10 weeks out of 52 per year.
    We were spoilt rotten getting 20 a year for 10 years out of Stargate SG1.

    Anyway, if you are going to pull the spinoffs back into SG1, you will need as many episodes as you can get in a year to get it all together.

  15. #75
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Madcrazycats View Post
    No, please. No more short, no filler seasons. Filler is what adds depth, character development, even can add slight hints towards the main plot. Besides, we live in the age of netflix and binge watching id say make it a 20 episode season WITH filler. Sorry i just cant stand the fad of short seasons.
    How about they can reduce the filler episodes and only do them if it is necessary for example the reasons you mentioned. Having long and short seasons has advantages and disadvantages. Having a mixture may benefit.


  16. #76
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    Game of Thrones has been driving fans mad for 6 long years with only 10 episodes for each of those years. 10 weeks out of 52 per year.
    We were spoilt rotten getting 20 a year for 10 years out of Stargate SG1.

    Anyway, if you are going to pull the spinoffs back into SG1, you will need as many episodes as you can get in a year to get it all together.

    In my post above. I think having a mixture of long and short season may benefit. Also do either cinema, television movies or both, tv movies direct on to dvd, blu-ray or streaming for large events that link each other with the tv series in some way. Like how it is done in Star Trek, Marvel's movies and tv series and other science-fiction. The episodes Lost City Part 1 and 2 was originally planned to be a movie. I think about what would have happened if it was a movie. The episodes was still good.


  17. #77
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    They could do a movie to either introduce a new plot line and then start a new show based on it (preferably Netflix or Amazon Prime) - or - use the movie to rap up SGU and hint towards a new storyline at which point a show kicks off with that story. I would like a new storyline with aspects of all the old shows involved. That way we can have a good continuation of all the shows in a way. Just have to be careful not to spread the plot too thin trying to bounce back and forth.

  18. #78
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiner833 View Post
    They could do a movie to either introduce a new plot line and then start a new show based on it (preferably Netflix or Amazon Prime) - or - use the movie to rap up SGU and hint towards a new storyline at which point a show kicks off with that story. I would like a new storyline with aspects of all the old shows involved. That way we can have a good continuation of all the shows in a way. Just have to be careful not to spread the plot too thin trying to bounce back and forth.
    I think a movie will not be enough to finish SGU. Maybe multiple movies but not one. When you mean movie, what type, cinema, television, streaming, dvd and blu-ray?


  19. #79
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    I agree that a movie wouldn't be enough to finish off SGU. I don't even think the combo movie idea the producers had going on in their minds would even do justice to any of the three series.
    Since SGU was a planned 5-year story WITH a planned ending, our best guess that it would take 3 seasons of 20 episodes to conclude it properly, but even then, I think that the producers would want to pull at least one SGU movie, so we'd be eventually looking at a SG-1's "Undening" type of final episode like SGU's Gauntlet was. I think that I saw a "behind the scenes" clip (or something similar) which confirms that they envisioned at least 1 or 2 movies per each SG series they would make.


    If that's true, then it really doesn't matter how many episodes/seasons/movies it takes to properly finish SGU, I think what more matters here is how many more series would we get to watch if the DVD market wouldn't fell apart, etc. etc.. Because it'd be like this if BW, RC and JM would be still doing SG:
    Series 1 > Movie > Movie
    Series 2 > Movie > Movie
    Series 3 > Movie > Movie
    That was going to be their formula for EACH SG series if I understood that clip correctly.
    Last edited by Mnikolic; March 27th, 2017 at 06:42 AM.

  20. #80
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

    If we had to renew any series I would want it to be SGA. I wasn't satisfied with the ending we saw with the series. SG-1 ended on a good note and it felt good that it lasted as long as it did. I think anymore would hurt its reputation. If I had what I wanted I would want a brand new series, with new characters, new stories and story arcs. Science fiction has continued to grow larger followings, and I think a new Stargate series would be well received from the old audience and create a new one as well!

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. The 5th Anniversary of the series finale of SGU and the end of Stargate on television
    By John Emmanuel Ramos in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 11th, 2016, 01:54 PM
  2. Will we come back to watch the Stargate series after the D and E reboot?
    By nekogater in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 15th, 2014, 04:45 PM
  3. Bringing back Larrin
    By wraith queen inga in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: March 19th, 2009, 08:45 AM
  4. CW Bringing back Firefly?
    By Elite Anubis Guard in forum Firefly
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
  5. Stargate SG-1 (1997 Television Series) [SOUNDTRACK]
    By Stargate #1 Fan in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 14th, 2005, 04:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •