Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is hard to please every fans as somebody will always moan about something.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The contradictory list of fan-things-to-do... or not-to-do...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

At the very least follow in SG1's foot steps and throw some movies out to close up Atlantis (Show the cityship return to the Pegasus galaxy and with full ZPMs lay waste to the wraith with the Asgard updated Tauri capital ships. SGU was amazing for me, they could make a simple closing movie with the same cast, follow the comic books or make a side story where it takes years to get across the dark space and that explains the aging as the ship is damaged and the pods do not slow the aging like they are supposed to. ANYTHING is better than just leaving the story untold. If I won the lottery I would pay to have the shows continue! The show Deadwood did it, it wasn't great but it tied the story up decently.

Comment

I haven't watched SGU (yet) and while it's beyond reason why anyone would pour money in something that was cancelled because of low viewer ratings (and therefore not profitable enough), it does deserve a proper ending...which from what I can gather it did not get.

Its open ending rivals that of Farscape (before we got the Peacekeer Wars).

So, in line with Farscape's Peacekeeper Wars, I think SGU should probably get something similar.

But then afterwards, they need to step away from who came before, and start fresh... continue the story, sure, but with a new set of writers, cast -- old crew is fine.

Comment

I found this doco about the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlG3RV-oPvI
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Has there been any news from MGM about the future of Stargate? I have looked myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Raj_2006 View Post
                Has there been any news from MGM about the future of Stargate? I have looked myself.
                It's dead. D-E-D, dead!

Comment

It is time that CBS buys the right of Stargate from MGM. Imagine as we could get new Star Trek and Stargate side by side, so CBS All-Access would turn into an even cooler scifi stream. Okay, I am just dreaming...
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Star Trek is back baby, and stronger than ever.

If the MGM-folks aren't slapping themselves senseless by now, they have no right to be in the TV-business.

Comment

Don't tell the purists that FH. They hate Discovery.

I think it has a lot more to do with the popularity of Star Trek vs Stargate not the production company
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

People would love more quality scifi, so I believe Stargate could still survive on the market as it is different from Star Trek. Such franchises can co-exist and the audience don't have to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          People would love more quality scifi, so I believe Stargate could still survive on the market as it is different from Star Trek. Such franchises can co-exist and the audience don't have to choose.
                          The thing is that these days they kinda do. More than ever. Discovery is on CBS All Access (Or Netflix if you aren't in the states.) The Mandalorian is on Disney Plus. Picard and The Expanse are on Amazon Prime. They're all on separate services which you need to subscribe for. Sure if people really wanna play the system then they can just subscribe for a month or so then cancel when they've watched what they want to watch but most people don't have the patience to keep doing that. Some people are fortunate. My partner pays for Netflix, I pay for Prime (and shortly Disney Plus) and we get HBO and another local Norwegian service by "borrowing" their mum's accounts but we wouldn't be able to afford all of them if not and thus we would be forced to choose which content we most wish to see.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Don't tell the purists that FH. They hate Discovery.
                            That's okay, I think Star Trek TOS is absolute rubbish so that makes us even, I guess.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            The thing is that these days they kinda do. More than ever. Discovery is on CBS All Access (Or Netflix if you aren't in the states.) The Mandalorian is on Disney Plus. Picard and The Expanse are on Amazon Prime. They're all on separate services which you need to subscribe for.
                            I was going to take a subscription to Netflix when I thought they also had the Arrowverse shows at the same time as they had them in the US, or at least only a few days later. When I found out that they didn't actually had them at the same time, I didn't bother and continued to download them through other means.

Then I watched the first season of Discovery, learned it was on Netflix and took out a subscription just to continue watching.
                            Arrow, The Flash and Outlander were added bonuses.

Disney Plus isn't available in Belgium until September 2020, so The Mandalorian was downloaded. My sister is planning on taking a subscription to Plus so season 2 will be watched through the streaming service.
                            I have no desire for more streaming service subscriptions, other than the Netflix one, so Picard was downloaded.

That's the issue with all those subscriptions -- some of us just don't have the funds to spread them across a gazillion platforms, and of course it has to be available, which most of them aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              It is time that CBS buys the right of Stargate from MGM. Imagine as we could get new Star Trek and Stargate side by side, so CBS All-Access would turn into an even cooler scifi stream. Okay, I am just dreaming...
                              It might be good if MGM sells the rights or partners with ViacomCBS for more Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Raj_2006 View Post
                                It might be good if MGM sells the rights or partners with ViacomCBS for more Stargate.
                                I think for them to sell the rights, something seriously bad would have to happen first. I mean, they went near bankrupt and didn't think to sell of their "most prized possessions" -- by which I mean Bond & Stargate -- so I don't think they ever will.

Comment

Working...
                                X