This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    Game of Thrones has been driving fans mad for 6 long years with only 10 episodes for each of those years. 10 weeks out of 52 per year.
    We were spoilt rotten getting 20 a year for 10 years out of Stargate SG1.

Anyway, if you are going to pull the spinoffs back into SG1, you will need as many episodes as you can get in a year to get it all together.

In my post above. I think having a mixture of long and short season may benefit. Also do either cinema, television movies or both, tv movies direct on to dvd, blu-ray or streaming for large events that link each other with the tv series in some way. Like how it is done in Star Trek, Marvel's movies and tv series and other science-fiction. The episodes Lost City Part 1 and 2 was originally planned to be a movie. I think about what would have happened if it was a movie. The episodes was still good.

Comment

They could do a movie to either introduce a new plot line and then start a new show based on it (preferably Netflix or Amazon Prime) - or - use the movie to rap up SGU and hint towards a new storyline at which point a show kicks off with that story. I would like a new storyline with aspects of all the old shows involved. That way we can have a good continuation of all the shows in a way. Just have to be careful not to spread the plot too thin trying to bounce back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
        They could do a movie to either introduce a new plot line and then start a new show based on it (preferably Netflix or Amazon Prime) - or - use the movie to rap up SGU and hint towards a new storyline at which point a show kicks off with that story. I would like a new storyline with aspects of all the old shows involved. That way we can have a good continuation of all the shows in a way. Just have to be careful not to spread the plot too thin trying to bounce back and forth.
        I think a movie will not be enough to finish SGU. Maybe multiple movies but not one. When you mean movie, what type, cinema, television, streaming, dvd and blu-ray?

Comment

I agree that a movie wouldn't be enough to finish off SGU. I don't even think the combo movie idea the producers had going on in their minds would even do justice to any of the three series.
          Since SGU was a planned 5-year story WITH a planned ending, our best guess that it would take 3 seasons of 20 episodes to conclude it properly, but even then, I think that the producers would want to pull at least one SGU movie, so we'd be eventually looking at a SG-1's "Undening" type of final episode like SGU's Gauntlet was. I think that I saw a "behind the scenes" clip (or something similar) which confirms that they envisioned at least 1 or 2 movies per each SG series they would make.

If that's true, then it really doesn't matter how many episodes/seasons/movies it takes to properly finish SGU, I think what more matters here is how many more series would we get to watch if the DVD market wouldn't fell apart, etc. etc.. Because it'd be like this if BW, RC and JM would be still doing SG:
          Series 1 > Movie > Movie
          Series 2 > Movie > Movie
          Series 3 > Movie > Movie
          That was going to be their formula for EACH SG series if I understood that clip correctly.
          Last edited by Mnikolic; 27 March 2017, 05:42 AM.

Comment

If we had to renew any series I would want it to be SGA. I wasn't satisfied with the ending we saw with the series. SG-1 ended on a good note and it felt good that it lasted as long as it did. I think anymore would hurt its reputation. If I had what I wanted I would want a brand new series, with new characters, new stories and story arcs. Science fiction has continued to grow larger followings, and I think a new Stargate series would be well received from the old audience and create a new one as well!

Comment

Originally posted by forcryingoutloud View Post
              If we had to renew any series I would want it to be SGA. I wasn't satisfied with the ending we saw with the series. SG-1 ended on a good note and it felt good that it lasted as long as it did. I think anymore would hurt its reputation. If I had what I wanted I would want a brand new series, with new characters, new stories and story arcs. Science fiction has continued to grow larger followings, and I think a new Stargate series would be well received from the old audience and create a new one as well!
              I agree that a new storyline is needed. The one thing you need to be careful about it going too far in a different direction because you risk hurting the feelings of all the "SG-1 or nothing" types. This is partially what happened with SGU. They took the show in a new direction and a certain percentage of fans threw a temper tantrum. If a new storyline is created, in whatever aspect, it needs to tie up the loose ends from SGA and SGU or many fans will still be pretty pissed that they ignored the unfinished stories and moved on.

Comment

We need a new big-budget beautiful feature film that somehow gathers our favorite characters from both SG1 and Atlantis. Think scale of original Stargate movie, only following the now established mythology. It can be done. People would see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                  We need a new big-budget beautiful feature film that somehow gathers our favorite characters from both SG1 and Atlantis. Think scale of original Stargate movie, only following the now established mythology. It can be done. People would see it.
                  Cinema Movie, or TV Movie, or straight to DVD Movie?

This is "Bringing back Stargate Television Series" thread, so I suppose you are looking at a 'pilot' type episode on TV, like Children of the Gods that started SG1 on TV ever-so-long-ago?
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Hi,

I recall the original Star Trek "Its five year mission"

The Next Generation was made in the same spirit of the original with a new cast "Its continuing mission"

I think a new cast for a new TV series based on the quality of the original SG1 would be good.

And cast members from the original visiting (like Star Trek and TNG).

At this late a date, I do not think bringing the of cast of SG1 back together would be doable. Maybe follow the turnover of SG1 from the old members to the new members as a debut and following a new SG1 team or maybe follow SG3 or something like that.

Just my take.

Doug vV

Comment

Continue SG1 and SGA (which of course is probably never gonna happen).

I miss those shows so much. Was devastated when they cancelled the DVD movies. I watched all of SGU but never really cared for it.
                      Blakes Sanctum: Retro site for retro games! Age of Wonders, Babylon 5, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, Star Trek & more!

Comment

There is apparently a comic book or comic book series coming out soon for SGU. I want the series to come back plus SGA and a new continuation series, live action series. If not continue the previous series, at least have a continuation of SGA, SGU and a new Stargate as TV movies. I hope people are going to the petitions and signing them, sending messages to MGM and other people to bring back Stargate TV series and continue it.

Also there was an FCD event in April, Trekyards posted a video of it, 3 days ago, with actors David Blue, Robert Picardo and Rainbow Sun Franks plus there are previous videos of David Blue and Rainbow Sun Franks. Here is the link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWk9WNMFFMY.

Here is a video I found on youtube with Richard Dean Anderson saying he would be interested in doing more Stargate, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZGNluXpzlQ.
                        Last edited by Raj_2006; 11 June 2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake00 View Post
                          Continue SG1 and SGA (which of course is probably never gonna happen).

I miss those shows so much. Was devastated when they cancelled the DVD movies. I watched all of SGU but never really cared for it.
                          I agree, continue those 2 plus SGU but make some changes to SGU. Here is another idea which I have not listed in the poll, how about an animation is we can not get the cast back because they think they are too old to play that character? With animation Stargate the story can still continue but also still have the previous actors and actresses come back and join new actors and actresses. If they can not do a live action continues series with the previous cast the an animation is the next big thing. They have started doing the SGU comics and also there has been SGA comics. I still want the television series back instead.

Comment

Not everyone LIke animation though.

Comment

Agreed, I wouldn't be in favor of animation. Would rather see them move on to a new spinoff series with new characters. As mentioned many times, would just want to make sure to keep the same history and tie up loose ends from SGA and SGU.
                              Last edited by Shiner833; 19 July 2017, 05:42 AM.

Comment

MGM has just posted online the pilot of SG1. Maybe a reminder for tomorrow ? https://youtu.be/WgQl6eV3vj0
                                Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X