This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
    I did post a couple of posts how would I want to the SG TV series to end and how would I do it if I would be in charge of the writing/production team (too lazy to link). Anyway, SG-1's finished, so it doesn't need a sequel, except if they do end up bringing Atlantis or Universe back, they could do a couple of full cross-overs between cast sets. Atlantis would be the easiest to finish and move on, but Universe is another story as it's missing more than half if its planned episodes.

The easiest way to bring back the old cannon (and finish it) is to simply do crossovers between cast member sets from each series. 2 episodes per cast set, so that'd cover for two 11-episode seasons. Keep the story simple (alla "The Ark of Truth" and "SG: Continuum"), give more focus to Atlantis and Universe guys, since SG-1's pretty much done.

The first set of crossovers would be between SGA and SG-1 (6 episodes altogether):
    SGA cast 1 (seasons 1-2)/ SG-1 cast 1 (seasons 1-5, 7-8) - establish what's been done until now and what still needs to be done. Set the events about 5 years after "Gauntlet").
    SGA cast 2 (seasons 2-3)/ SG-1 cast 2 (just Corin Nemec, only quick cameo by the rest) - finding a more capable power source to power Atlantis and make it able to dial Destiny.
    SGA cast 3-4 (season 4 (but have AT be with SG-1) and have Robert Picardo and Jewel Staite in it too) / SG-1 cast 3 (seasons 9, 10) - the final time SG-1's on Atlantis, the fight against the Wraith is finished, Todd is killed after it's revealed that he has become a worshiper of the Ori who have not been affected by the Ark of Truth).

And the second set of crossovers (16 episodes):
    SGU cast / SG-1 cast 1 - original SG-1 cameo on Destiny in person.
    SGU cast/ SG-1 cast 2 - just Corin Nemec on Destiny, can be via the communication stones too, another original SG-1 cameo.
    SGU cast/ SG-1 cast 3 - cover Ori in other Galaxies, Landry and Mitchell make a cameo on Destiny via communication stones, Destiny is brought up to full power and unlocks its every capability).
    SGU cast/ SGA cast 2 - nice chance to bring TH back and revive Wier: the Destiny guys find her body in another Galaxy and find a way to send it back to Atlantis. It's revealed that she was saved by a Pegasus Replicator who got somehow re-programmed, was able to defy other Replicators and leave the Pegasus Galaxy with Wier's body, thus making sure that the PG would be Replicator-free one day (which did happen).
    SGU cast/ SGA cast 2 + Amanda Tapping - all main characters from all 5 SGA seasons go to Destiny, giving Destiny the ability to dial Earth so they can return to Atlantis and the original SG-1 can go back home)
    SGU cast/ SGA cast 4 (cover Coalition of Planets in other Galaxies, finish SGU's plot, cameo appearance by everyone else in final scenes).

I like this. Would make some changes. Would like to have at least one or a 2 part episode with all the cast of SG-1, SGA and SGU together. SG-1 can still continue just have a new, may be younger team takeover SG-1. The previous SG-1 team members could make guest appearances or have may be one of them join from time to time.

Comment

the final time SG-1's on Atlantis, the fight against the Wraith is finished, Todd is killed after it's revealed that he has become a worshiper of the Ori who have not been affected by the Ark of Truth).
      And how exactly are there any Ori who were not affected??

Destiny is brought up to full power and unlocks its every capability).
      Unless they can break out a **** ton repair parts and GET Them to the destiny, i fail to see how they can bring it back to full power..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

Unless they can break out a **** ton repair parts and GET Them to the destiny, i fail to see how they can bring it back to full power..
        Well may be they could show the Orici comes back somehow and starts a new Ori collective, which they send some of their ships to other galaxies to convert or the previous Ori sent some ships to other galaxies to convert and may be an Ori or some where on the ships.

That is one way to bring Destiny to fully or mostly repaired or the Planet Builders could fix Destiny and make it be how it was when it was full constructed and sent by the Ancients. Like how they fully fixed the Destiny's shuttle and made look like it is new again.

Comment

Look who liked my Twitter comment:

Joseph Mallozzi liked your Tweet
          31 Dec 2016: @BaronDestructo Please bring back Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis & Stargate Universe. As a continuation. New & previous characters mix.
          Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Some could have been in hiding during the events in "Ark of Truth", thus the Ark did not affect them in any way. They escaped trough a Supergate in an Ori ship and made their way to where they are safe from its effects and have formed a special group who are against those who have been affected.

Easy. Reveal that an early version of Destiny has been built in Atlantis, so McKay comes up with a power source that can make Atlantis itself more powerful and give it some more abilities and features as well, one of those being the ability to dial the 9th chevron. After driving everyone crazy (including Zelenka), they search the hell out of the Pegasus and actually come across what seems to be a Destiny tech-based planet with a dozen labs with full instructions where to get the materials for the spare parts for the ship, including the needed tech to put them all together. So Woolsey calls for a crapload of scientists to come to Atlantis to come up with detailed instructions for the crew to repair the ship. Meanwhile, the crew goes trough a real hell in order to survive inside a mouse that's being chased by some hungry cats from the end of S2. Rush is driving everyone crazy, is obsessed about the mission and no longer gives a crap about how to fix the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Raj_2006 View Post
              Well may be they could show the Orici comes back somehow and starts a new Ori collective, which they send some of their ships to other galaxies to convert or the previous Ori sent some ships to other galaxies to convert and may be an Ori or some where on the ships.
              Since she's locked in an endless battle with Morgan, how would she come back??

That is one way to bring Destiny to fully or mostly repaired or the Planet Builders could fix Destiny and make it be how it was when it was full constructed and sent by the Ancients. Like how they fully fixed the Destiny's shuttle and made look like it is new again.
              Well, if they gonna do that, why not just have the 'planet builders' port everyone back home safe while we are at it..

Comment

Since she's locked in an endless battle with Morgan, how would she come back??

Well, if they gonna do that, why not just have the 'planet builders' port everyone back home safe while we are at it..
                Yes I know she is in an endless battle with Morgan Le Fay. Like I said in that previous post you quoted. If the Ori sent ships to other galaxies and had some Ori go with those ships they may find a way to stop the endless battle the Orici is having with Morgan.

Well yes, if they could or would do it. The writes my say something about the Planet Builders that they can restore Destiny back to 100% but want Destiny to continue with the mission or may be it will take too much energy to send Destiny back to the Milky Way galaxy since it is millions or billions of light years away. Remember they want and the audience want the series to continue as long as possible so they would find a way to say why they can do this but can not do that.

Comment

Some could have been in hiding during the events in "Ark of Truth", thus the Ark did not affect them in any way. They escaped trough a Supergate in an Ori ship and made their way to where they are safe from its effects and have formed a special group who are against those who have been affected.

Easy. Reveal that an early version of Destiny has been built in Atlantis, so McKay comes up with a power source that can make Atlantis itself more powerful and give it some more abilities and features as well, one of those being the ability to dial the 9th chevron. After driving everyone crazy (including Zelenka), they search the hell out of the Pegasus and actually come across what seems to be a Destiny tech-based planet with a dozen labs with full instructions where to get the materials for the spare parts for the ship, including the needed tech to put them all together. So Woolsey calls for a crapload of scientists to come to Atlantis to come up with detailed instructions for the crew to repair the ship. Meanwhile, the crew goes trough a real hell in order to survive inside a mouse that's being chased by some hungry cats from the end of S2. Rush is driving everyone crazy, is obsessed about the mission and no longer gives a crap about how to fix the ship.
                  I like what you have typed but Destiny was built over 50 million years before Atlantis was built. Destiny was launched from the Milky Way. It could be possible there is Destiny design technology somewhere around the Milky Way or Pegasus galaxies. If they dial the 9th chevron it will have to be a Milky Way gate since the Pegasus gates only have 8 chevrons. It may be possible that Atlantis does have the same or similar ability as Destiny to collect energy from inside a star just that the Atlantis Expedition has not found that ability, they still exploring Atlantis in season 5 or they have the designs in the Atlantis database or find it in an Ancient Repository.

Comment

Yes I know she is in an endless battle with Morgan Le Fay. Like I said in that previous post you quoted. If the Ori sent ships to other galaxies and had some Ori go with those ships they may find a way to stop the endless battle the Orici is having with Morgan.
                    And exactly how?? When we used the arc on the Doci, it hit all priors in their galaxy, and the ones in ours were taken care of by that one eye dude. They never WENT to any other galaxy.
                    As for finding tech that would stop that battle. What tech??

Well yes, if they could or would do it. The writes my say something about the Planet Builders that they can restore Destiny back to 100% but want Destiny to continue with the mission or may be it will take too much energy to send Destiny back to the Milky Way galaxy since it is millions or billions of light years away. Remember they want and the audience want the series to continue as long as possible so they would find a way to say why they can do this but can not do that.
                    So basically pull something ot of the keister, deus ex machina..

Comment

And exactly how?? When we used the arc on the Doci, it hit all priors in their galaxy, and the ones in ours were taken care of by that one eye dude. They never WENT to any other galaxy.
                      As for finding tech that would stop that battle. What tech??

So basically pull something ot of the keister, deus ex machina..

Yes I already know what has already happened but they could say that to bring back the Ori and the Oric in some way. It is one of many suggestions.

May be a deus ex machina. But first they should come up with logical ways first. The problem, and a good thing, is that there is not enough history about the Planet Builders so the writers can say anything. Hopefully they will write smart things about the Planet Builders.

Back on topic:

I was just on reddit and found a link, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...antis/dbh7x7t/. It was an interview with Brad Wright and he mentions about Ellie Wallace at the end of SGU.

Also here is a Facebook link to one of the people who started the petition on change.org, https://www.facebook.com/SaveStargat...=page_internal.

Are there any suggestions or any other comments on what we all have discussed so far from anyone else?
                      Last edited by Raj_2006; 04 January 2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

step one. declare sgu noncannon.

Comment

Why? What is it about SGU that gets your nickers in a twist to where you want the entire season declared non-canon?

Comment

their are a lot of reasons i didn't like sgu but declaring it noncannon would wrap up the loose ends in a hurry and its not like it was good anyway.. it was stargates ds9

Comment

Originally posted by shadowdrake View Post
                              step one. declare sgu noncannon.
                              Step Two: Disregard Step One
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Well it could considered a what-if series but it would be difficult because it has previous cast have made guest appearances. To me SGU is canon and to a lot of people. They can make changes to it to make it successful. That is why I started this discussion thread to share opinions and ideas. Also to show others about the petitions, hopefully get more people to sign it, may be e-mail, send letters and to tweet to cast and crew. I have sent a few tweets to some of the crew who worked on the stargate series and got a couple of likes, one of those likes is from Joseph Mallozzi, who wrote on the SG-1, SGA and SGU.

Joseph Mallozzi liked your Tweet
                                31 Dec 2016: @BaronDestructo Please bring back Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis & Stargate Universe. As a continuation. New & previous characters mix.
                                Joseph Mallozzi

A poll has been added today. Thank you Bagpuss for adding the poll and making the thread a sticky thread. After you have voted, please make a comment on why you choose that option, if you want to.
                                Last edited by Raj_2006; 08 January 2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X