Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love more Atlantis. Even if I'm not sure they would. Excited for whatever the big announcement is though.

Comment

I know this is in part the plot of Stargate Infinity, but my idea for a new Stargate show would be a disgraced SG team is being transported back to Earth for court martial but they escape and basically they end up traveling the Milky Way via the gate system. It could kinda be like the A-Team where they help people while on the run from the law. Meanwhile they could stumble on some greater mystery like the Furlings or whatever, there'd be some greater arc that hopefully builds the overall mythology of the franchise.

I think that's a good way to set the show within the present day of the TV universe where we've got all the Asgard tech/knowledge while keeping it in the Milky Way and having our protagonists being the underdogs. In fact Earth having all that power makes our protagonists even more of underdogs since they're on the run from them.

Perfecto!

Comment

I would love an conclusion for SGU mainly (the other shows did sort of get an ending). SGU ends in a cliffhanger. If all fell into place, I would love to see something like a TV movie wrapping up that story (with appearances from other characters such as Sam and Daniel). They could even say that time passed to pull it off. Obviously Eli fixes the pod, it would be more about how they get rescued.

Then I would love a new TV show, that is still in the original cannon. It follows another SG team on their adventures. Different enemies as such. I'm not sure how to make it any different than what is already been done. Possibly they are stationed on a beta site.
        sigpic

Comment

While i want a conclusion to the Eli part, i would have rather they stayed there, to finish the mission.. Not just come back home..

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
            I would love an conclusion for SGU mainly (the other shows did sort of get an ending). SGU ends in a cliffhanger. If all fell into place, I would love to see something like a TV movie wrapping up that story (with appearances from other characters such as Sam and Daniel). They could even say that time passed to pull it off. Obviously Eli fixes the pod, it would be more about how they get rescued.
            It's funny to me because the SGU finale, despite not being an actual series finale, is the best one of the lot. I'm dying to know how Eli gets out of that (and I'm glad I have the comics to give me one possibility) but I'm happy to leave it hanging on that note due to how good the episode was.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

But if you have to wonder "How does X/y?z turn out" then its not a finale.. its a cliffhanger..

Comment

I don't disagree. But it is a finale in the sense that it is the last episode. I just happen to think it's a far better episode than the other actual finales.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I vote for a new continuation series. Perhaps even a series that explores the ancients and how they built the first stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Quantumentanglement View Post
                    I vote for a new continuation series. Perhaps even a series that explores the ancients and how they built the first stargate.
                    I would GLADLY watch a new series like that..

Comment

Me too. And if it shows how the Ancients built Atlantis and Destiny, how they created the Wraith and the Replicators and if they show at least some of the war between the Ancients and the Wraith/Replicators, I'd be all up for it. I'd love to see what kind of decisions did they have to make in under certain circumstances compared to the SG-1, Atlantis and Universe guys. Oh... and more Janus. Definitely more Janus.

Comment

I'd want SG-1 and SG-A smashed together into one series. I know it's been a while and the original crew of SG-1 is a decade older, but i can't let it go.

Comment

That wouldn't work. Like you said - the cast's a decade older. Same goes for the SGA cast whose members are 2 years younger than their SG-1 friends, looking from when the show ended. Both shows would need to get more mature first before being able to be fused together because having the characters still being the same age from the time their respective show ended/got cancelled while having them played by the same actors and actresses YEARS later...
                          Nah. It can't work. Unless they have the characters aged and still kicking ass in the Milky Way and Pegasus. Which means that there'd be a frozen STATUS QUO that would need to be established in order to continue the storylines properly. Which means that eventual introduction of new characters and eventual main cast replacement would be necessary.

Comment

Have any of you read the Rota series written by aerkijyr? Seriously, I Love stargate & in my opinion this guy has the Best chapter in the story Yet! He does such an excellent job of capturing all the characters essence! Amazing read! So wish it could be made into a series. So much talent!

Comment

I love all 3 of them but I do agree with a conclusion of SGU. I cannot see why anyone would be bored with it. They had something quite different than SG1 or SGA and was very satisfying to watch. Very different aliens, worlds, and plots. A welcome change. But the problem is they who put these shows out there are in no hurry. Not a mention of anything happening.

Comment

Nothing would make me more happy than for this franchise to return, no reboot! A return of SG-1, a wrap-up of Atlantis, and maybe a separate continuation of SGU.. a connected series but a continuation.. I don't know exactly how I would do it if I had the choice but definitely the ORIGINAL FORMULA! It's family-friendly, its funny and it's just the way it's done! For Stargate that is..

And I must say again... every opportunity I get, I want to thank this community for welcoming me with open arms, warmth, and just general niceness..it's super rare on the internet to find a community like this, and I just had to say that

I think that our love for Stargate and the fact that were not all children LOL has this amazing effect and bond, that just makes this community different and for that I'm extremely grateful....

I really appreciate it.
                                -Frank
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X