View Poll Results: How do you want Stargate to return? (Please comment after voting)

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continuation TV series of SG-1,SGA and SGU

4 10.26%
  • Continuation of SG-1

4 10.26%
  • Continuation of SGA

7 17.95%
  • Continuation of SGU

3 7.69%
  • As a NEW Continuation series

12 30.77%
  • Continuation TV series of SG-1,SGA and SGU AND a new Continuation Series

4 10.26%
  • Reboot the Series

3 7.69%
  • Reboot Movie

0 0%
  • Reboot Movies

0 0%
  • Continuation in Movies (Please comment & say which one!)

1 2.56%
  • Cinema Movies

1 2.56%
  • Television Movies (Eg AoT)

0 0%
  • Other (please comment)

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

Staff Sergeant

Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

Quote Originally Posted by forcryingoutloud View Post
    If we had to renew any series I would want it to be SGA. I wasn't satisfied with the ending we saw with the series. SG-1 ended on a good note and it felt good that it lasted as long as it did. I think anymore would hurt its reputation. If I had what I wanted I would want a brand new series, with new characters, new stories and story arcs. Science fiction has continued to grow larger followings, and I think a new Stargate series would be well received from the old audience and create a new one as well!
    I agree that a new storyline is needed. The one thing you need to be careful about it going too far in a different direction because you risk hurting the feelings of all the "SG-1 or nothing" types. This is partially what happened with SGU. They took the show in a new direction and a certain percentage of fans threw a temper tantrum. If a new storyline is created, in whatever aspect, it needs to tie up the loose ends from SGA and SGU or many fans will still be pretty pissed that they ignored the unfinished stories and moved on.

Major

We need a new big-budget beautiful feature film that somehow gathers our favorite characters from both SG1 and Atlantis. Think scale of original Stargate movie, only following the now established mythology. It can be done. People would see it.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    We need a new big-budget beautiful feature film that somehow gathers our favorite characters from both SG1 and Atlantis. Think scale of original Stargate movie, only following the now established mythology. It can be done. People would see it.
    Cinema Movie, or TV Movie, or straight to DVD Movie?

This is "Bringing back Stargate Television Series" thread, so I suppose you are looking at a 'pilot' type episode on TV, like Children of the Gods that started SG1 on TV ever-so-long-ago?

Staff Sergeant

Hi,

I recall the original Star Trek "Its five year mission"

The Next Generation was made in the same spirit of the original with a new cast "Its continuing mission"

I think a new cast for a new TV series based on the quality of the original SG1 would be good.

And cast members from the original visiting (like Star Trek and TNG).

At this late a date, I do not think bringing the of cast of SG1 back together would be doable. Maybe follow the turnover of SG1 from the old members to the new members as a debut and following a new SG1 team or maybe follow SG3 or something like that.

Just my take.

Doug vV

Probie

Continue SG1 and SGA (which of course is probably never gonna happen).

I miss those shows so much. Was devastated when they cancelled the DVD movies. I watched all of SGU but never really cared for it.

There is apparently a comic book or comic book series coming out soon for SGU. I want the series to come back plus SGA and a new continuation series, live action series. If not continue the previous series, at least have a continuation of SGA, SGU and a new Stargate as TV movies. I hope people are going to the petitions and signing them, sending messages to MGM and other people to bring back Stargate TV series and continue it.

Also there was an FCD event in April, Trekyards posted a video of it, 3 days ago, with actors David Blue, Robert Picardo and Rainbow Sun Franks plus there are previous videos of David Blue and Rainbow Sun Franks. Here is the link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWk9WNMFFMY.

Here is a video I found on youtube with Richard Dean Anderson saying he would be interested in doing more Stargate, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZGNluXpzlQ.
    Last edited by Raj_2006; June 11th, 2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake00 View Post
    Continue SG1 and SGA (which of course is probably never gonna happen).

I miss those shows so much. Was devastated when they cancelled the DVD movies. I watched all of SGU but never really cared for it.
    I agree, continue those 2 plus SGU but make some changes to SGU. Here is another idea which I have not listed in the poll, how about an animation is we can not get the cast back because they think they are too old to play that character? With animation Stargate the story can still continue but also still have the previous actors and actresses come back and join new actors and actresses. If they can not do a live action continues series with the previous cast the an animation is the next big thing. They have started doing the SGU comics and also there has been SGA comics. I still want the television series back instead.

Not everyone LIke animation though.

Staff Sergeant

Agreed, I wouldn't be in favor of animation. Would rather see them move on to a new spinoff series with new characters. As mentioned many times, would just want to make sure to keep the same history and tie up loose ends from SGA and SGU.
    Last edited by Shiner833; July 19th, 2017 at 05:42 AM.

Chief Master Sergeant RickWesten's Avatar

MGM has just posted online the pilot of SG1. Maybe a reminder for tomorrow ? https://youtu.be/WgQl6eV3vj0
    Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40763&dateline=1252255075

I'd love more Atlantis. Even if I'm not sure they would. Excited for whatever the big announcement is though.

I know this is in part the plot of Stargate Infinity, but my idea for a new Stargate show would be a disgraced SG team is being transported back to Earth for court martial but they escape and basically they end up traveling the Milky Way via the gate system. It could kinda be like the A-Team where they help people while on the run from the law. Meanwhile they could stumble on some greater mystery like the Furlings or whatever, there'd be some greater arc that hopefully builds the overall mythology of the franchise.

I think that's a good way to set the show within the present day of the TV universe where we've got all the Asgard tech/knowledge while keeping it in the Milky Way and having our protagonists being the underdogs. In fact Earth having all that power makes our protagonists even more of underdogs since they're on the run from them.

I would love an conclusion for SGU mainly (the other shows did sort of get an ending). SGU ends in a cliffhanger. If all fell into place, I would love to see something like a TV movie wrapping up that story (with appearances from other characters such as Sam and Daniel). They could even say that time passed to pull it off. Obviously Eli fixes the pod, it would be more about how they get rescued.

Then I would love a new TV show, that is still in the original cannon. It follows another SG team on their adventures. Different enemies as such. I'm not sure how to make it any different than what is already been done. Possibly they are stationed on a beta site.

While i want a conclusion to the Eli part, i would have rather they stayed there, to finish the mission.. Not just come back home..

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    I would love an conclusion for SGU mainly (the other shows did sort of get an ending). SGU ends in a cliffhanger. If all fell into place, I would love to see something like a TV movie wrapping up that story (with appearances from other characters such as Sam and Daniel). They could even say that time passed to pull it off. Obviously Eli fixes the pod, it would be more about how they get rescued.
    It's funny to me because the SGU finale, despite not being an actual series finale, is the best one of the lot. I'm dying to know how Eli gets out of that (and I'm glad I have the comics to give me one possibility) but I'm happy to leave it hanging on that note due to how good the episode was.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

But if you have to wonder "How does X/y?z turn out" then its not a finale.. its a cliffhanger..

I don't disagree. But it is a finale in the sense that it is the last episode. I just happen to think it's a far better episode than the other actual finales.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

I vote for a new continuation series. Perhaps even a series that explores the ancients and how they built the first stargate.