X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing back Stargate Television Series

Hello everyone,

I have been thinking about this for some time and want to know what you all think about this. Bringing back Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe as a continuation and not a remake or a new continuation series, which starts next to one of the previous series, if returned, or after that series has finished. Have previous and new characters mix. Similar to what they did in SG-1 season 9. They can either continue as a television series, dvd/blu-ray series or streaming online for example Netflix. I want all the television series back or at least finish them.

The latest news on the Stargate reboot, which came out on the 17th November 2016, shows that the reboot is not going to happen or happen any time soon. Details here, http://www.gateworld.net/news/2016/1...-fallen-apart/, here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zO6EIbg9m4 and on other websites.

There are a multiple petitions to bring back Stargate television series on change.org and many people have commented on social media for example Facebook.

Here are the petitions:

1) https://www.change.org/p/ted-sarando...rgate-universe

2) https://www.change.org/p/nbc-bring-b...rgate-universe

3) https://www.change.org/p/syfy-starga...e-sgu-season-3

4) https://www.change.org/p/mgm-studios...gate-tv-series

Here is a YouTube video from May 2016 with an interview with David Blue who plays Ellie Wallace talking about SGU, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zlT8kNV7I. Also here is youtube video of Joe Flanigan (John Shepard) talking about buying or investing with others on SGA so it can continue, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PukkdCKnBww.

I also started a reddit discussion on this, https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/co..._sgu/?sort=new.

What do you all think? Please post your comments. Thank you.
    Continuation TV series of SG-1,SGA and SGU
    13.24%
    Continuation of SG-1
    5.88%
    Continuation of SGA
    13.24%
    Continuation of SGU
    10.29%
    As a NEW Continuation series
    27.94%
    Continuation TV series of SG-1,SGA and SGU AND a new Continuation Series
    11.76%
    Reboot the Series
    7.35%
    Reboot Movie
    1.47%
    Reboot Movies
    1.47%
    Continuation in Movies (Please comment & say which one!)
    4.41%
    Cinema Movies
    1.47%
    Television Movies (Eg AoT)
    0%
    Other (please comment)
    1.47%
    Last edited by Raj_2006; 19 January 2017, 12:05 PM.

At this point, it would be just wise to create a mini series, try to get at least half of the cast members from each series to reprise their roles and film stuff on a green screen. Cover SGU first, finish up its plot. Then properly finish up Atlantis. It could all be done within 10-12 one-hour episodes without any filler stuff. Just show what happened after things unveiled. Since the SGA s04-05 cast are good friends, maybe it wouldn't be the problem to get all of them back. Then, to the planned third SG-1 movie, however, re-write it so it includes the Atlantis and Universe stuff and characters as well and end the story on a high note. Give Malozzi, Wright and Cooper another shot at Stargate, only this time, have someone actually supervise them.

Then move onto a new series and do new stuff with it, thus, rebooting the franchise with completely new writers/producers.

OR

Just do a new series and leave the old stuff alone.

Comment

I feel that a new series is the best course.
      While I think SG1 is the best of the three, it's lived a long enough life. Don't drag it on for too long and drag it's name through the mud.
      If a series has to continue then SGA is the best one to revive since it still has some potential to it.
      SGU is the one that I'm not sure to revive. Yeah, I know that a lot of people want to see how it ends but it a lot of Stargate fans had no interest to begin with. If it is revived it can either keep its formula and retain the numbers people have been giving it or it needs an overhaul if it wants more viewers.

Overall, I think the best plan is a new series.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
        At this point, it would be just wise to create a mini series, try to get at least half of the cast members from each series to reprise their roles and film stuff on a green screen. Cover SGU first, finish up its plot. Then properly finish up Atlantis. It could all be done within 10-12 one-hour episodes without any filler stuff. Just show what happened after things unveiled. Since the SGA s04-05 cast are good friends, maybe it wouldn't be the problem to get all of them back. Then, to the planned third SG-1 movie, however, re-write it so it includes the Atlantis and Universe stuff and characters as well and end the story on a high note. Give Malozzi, Wright and Cooper another shot at Stargate, only this time, have someone actually supervise them.

Then move onto a new series and do new stuff with it, thus, rebooting the franchise with completely new writers/producers.

OR

Just do a new series and leave the old stuff alone.
        I agree with you first paragraph. May be start out as a mini series, to see how well it does then may be go for a full series or do series with just 10-15 episodes. Either way, rather have SG-1, SGA, SGU back instead of a reboot. Have new characters take over or work with the previous teams or have the previous cast make guest appearances like they have done before, like how they did it in SG-1 and SGA. They can still doing new things and have new people without going over the history already there.

I agree with you last sentence. They can introduce new writers/producers with the current series as well or with the new series also but as another sequel series not a reboot. Again this will not go over the history already there and alienate older fans. Like with Star Trek, there is still a lot to explore and stories to be told. If we all show MGM we want SG-1, SGA, SGU and may be a new sequel series, they may do it.

With the new sequel series. It should have similarities to SG-1, SGA and SGU but still unique. Like how SGA was like SG-1 but still unique. If they do bring back SGU, they should make some changes to it for example make it not dark or mostly not dark but have a few episodes dark. Like they have done in SG-1 and SGA.
        Last edited by Raj_2006; 29 December 2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
          I feel that a new series is the best course.
          While I think SG1 is the best of the three, it's lived a long enough life. Don't drag it on for too long and drag it's name through the mud.
          If a series has to continue then SGA is the best one to revive since it still has some potential to it.
          SGU is the one that I'm not sure to revive. Yeah, I know that a lot of people want to see how it ends but it a lot of Stargate fans had no interest to begin with. If it is revived it can either keep its formula and retain the numbers people have been giving it or it needs an overhaul if it wants more viewers.

Well look at Star Trek. It started over 50 years ago and Star Wars started over 39 years ago and it is still going on. If they do it right it can work for everyone. I agree with about a new series as another sequel series and not as a reboot. There is a lot of history already there and possible doing a reboot would alienate older fans. In the youtube video about the stargate reboot being cancelled, already a lot of people have commented on that they are not sad about the reboot not happening or postponed. Some have also want the previous series back or a new sequel series. What made Stargate so successful was that it was on television so more development happened. Also it was like Star Trek but still unique.

With the new sequel series. It should have similarities to SG-1, SGA and SGU but still unique. Like how SGA was like SG-1 but still unique. If they do bring back SGU, they should make some changes to it for example make it not dark or mostly not dark but have a few episodes dark. Like they have done in SG-1 and SGA.

Comment

SGA mini-series 10-13 episodes. (6th season)

Cast from SG1: Micheal Shanks, Ben Browder, Lexa Doig (guest RDA, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge)
            Cast from SGA: Joe Flaniggan, David Hewlett, Robert Picardo, Jewel Staite, (guest: Rachel Lutrell, Jason Momoa, Christopher Heyerdahl
            Cast from SGU: David Blue, Kathleen Munroe (guest: everyone else).

Of course there's room for a few new well known faces to fill up the cast.

The story takes place a few years after the end of SGU. With Atlantis now being the headquarters of Homeworld Command, a thriving international scientific facility, we find our usual suspects doing everything they can to reach Destiny, going on classic stargate mission to find clues and tech left by ancients and other races. Eli on the other end, is still around barely getting by. Continuing fixing the ship the best he can. Doing solo missions to find resources. Hallucinating his friends. Yes hes losing it. We have two adventures split across the entire first season. Going back and forth until of course SGA1 finally rescues part of the Destiny's crew. Last two episodes could bring stargate back to the Extinction story.

Comment

Originally posted by Raj_2006 View Post
              Well look at Star Trek. It started over 50 years ago and Star Wars started over 39 years ago and it is still going on.
              Lets be honest here, while ST and SW were still "a thing" in pop culture, they both had pretty long hiatus breaks in their respective mediums (TV for Trek, Movies for SW).
              Stargate may benefit from such a break as well.
              If they do it right it can work for everyone. I agree with about a new series as another sequel series and not as a reboot. There is a lot of history already there and possible doing a reboot would alienate older fans.
              I hate to be a party pooper, but if you want a new Stargate to work, it's not the "old fans" you want, it's the new blood who feels the same way about SG that the old fans felt when SG was new. Us old guard tend to be hyper critical of the new.
              In the youtube video about the stargate reboot being cancelled, already a lot of people have commented on that they are not sad about the reboot not happening or postponed. Some have also want the previous series back or a new sequel series. What made Stargate so successful was that it was on television so more development happened. Also it was like Star Trek but still unique.
              Sure!
              SGU can work "on paper", and for many people, it did. I found it........... lacking, but not because it was dark, but because I felt it was badly executed dark.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post

I feel SGU has the most potential left, compared to SGA>

Comment

I agree with this. They could do a mini series on SG-1, SGA and SGU. Homeworld Command is a good name for the command centre but if Atlantis is going to be the new command centre, may be go back to "Stargate Command" or have a new name instead, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Lets be honest here, while ST and SW were still "a thing" in pop culture, they both had pretty long hiatus breaks in their respective mediums (TV for Trek, Movies for SW).
                    Stargate may benefit from such a break as well.

I hate to be a party pooper, but if you want a new Stargate to work, it's not the "old fans" you want, it's the new blood who feels the same way about SG that the old fans felt when SG was new. Us old guard tend to be hyper critical of the new.

Sure!

SGU can work "on paper", and for many people, it did. I found it........... lacking, but not because it was dark, but because I felt it was badly executed dark.
                    Stargate has had a break. A very long break. Fans are wanting the previous Stargate series back and may be another sequel series, which runs along SGU or after all the previous series have finished. Similar to what they in Star Trek with TNG, DS9 and Voyager but may be have to run at the half way point or at the planned last season possibly.

Well no, if they do it right they can still bring in new audience while still keeping the previous audience happy. or at least satisfied. I am one of the older audience from watching the first Stargate movie, SG-1, SGA, SGU and the SG-1 movies.

Please to see we agree on that 3rd paragraph I posted.

True, for most things what works on paper sometimes work and sometimes does not. If they do bring back SGU. Hopefully they will bring in the previous smart writers and new smart writers. Hopefully they will write smarter stories. There were some but they could do more.

Comment

I agree that SGU still has potential and I also think SG-1, SGA and SGU or at least SGA and SGU still has potential left for good stories to show.

Comment

If fans show MGM and other companies that we want the previous series, cast and crew with possibly new cast and crew joining. They might start again SG-1, SGA, SGU. Making petitions, sending e-mails and letters might work. At least it will show them that there is an audience interested in watching the Stargate television series again.

Comment

Originally posted by Raj_2006 View Post
                          If fans show MGM and other companies that we want the previous series, cast and crew with possibly new cast and crew joining. They might start again SG-1, SGA, SGU. Making petitions, sending e-mails and letters might work. At least it will show them that there is an audience interested in watching the Stargate television series again.
                          My guess is the Stargate Series is over, except for maybe the odd movie.

Comment

I did post a couple of posts how would I want to the SG TV series to end and how would I do it if I would be in charge of the writing/production team (too lazy to link). Anyway, SG-1's finished, so it doesn't need a sequel, except if they do end up bringing Atlantis or Universe back, they could do a couple of full cross-overs between cast sets. Atlantis would be the easiest to finish and move on, but Universe is another story as it's missing more than half if its planned episodes.

The easiest way to bring back the old cannon (and finish it) is to simply do crossovers between cast member sets from each series. 2 episodes per cast set, so that'd cover for two 11-episode seasons. Keep the story simple (alla "The Ark of Truth" and "SG: Continuum"), give more focus to Atlantis and Universe guys, since SG-1's pretty much done.

The first set of crossovers would be between SGA and SG-1 (6 episodes altogether):
                            SGA cast 1 (seasons 1-2)/ SG-1 cast 1 (seasons 1-5, 7-8) - establish what's been done until now and what still needs to be done. Set the events about 5 years after "Gauntlet").
                            SGA cast 2 (seasons 2-3)/ SG-1 cast 2 (just Corin Nemec, only quick cameo by the rest) - finding a more capable power source to power Atlantis and make it able to dial Destiny.
                            SGA cast 3-4 (season 4 (but have AT be with SG-1) and have Robert Picardo and Jewel Staite in it too) / SG-1 cast 3 (seasons 9, 10) - the final time SG-1's on Atlantis, the fight against the Wraith is finished, Todd is killed after it's revealed that he has become a worshiper of the Ori who have not been affected by the Ark of Truth).

And the second set of crossovers (16 episodes):
                            SGU cast / SG-1 cast 1 - original SG-1 cameo on Destiny in person.
                            SGU cast/ SG-1 cast 2 - just Corin Nemec on Destiny, can be via the communication stones too, another original SG-1 cameo.
                            SGU cast/ SG-1 cast 3 - cover Ori in other Galaxies, Landry and Mitchell make a cameo on Destiny via communication stones, Destiny is brought up to full power and unlocks its every capability).
                            SGU cast/ SGA cast 2 - nice chance to bring TH back and revive Wier: the Destiny guys find her body in another Galaxy and find a way to send it back to Atlantis. It's revealed that she was saved by a Pegasus Replicator who got somehow re-programmed, was able to defy other Replicators and leave the Pegasus Galaxy with Wier's body, thus making sure that the PG would be Replicator-free one day (which did happen).
                            SGU cast/ SGA cast 2 + Amanda Tapping - all main characters from all 5 SGA seasons go to Destiny, giving Destiny the ability to dial Earth so they can return to Atlantis and the original SG-1 can go back home)
                            SGU cast/ SGA cast 4 (cover Coalition of Planets in other Galaxies, finish SGU's plot, cameo appearance by everyone else in final scenes).
                            Last edited by Mnikolic; 31 December 2016, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfound View Post
                              My guess is the Stargate Series is over, except for maybe the odd movie.

Stargate has stopped but it is not over. Like Star Trek, it takes breaks then comes back in one form or another. Also as evidence that there was going to be a Stargate reboot movies. Prefer the series back first or run along when the reboot movies are out, if there are going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X