View Poll Results: How do you want Stargate to return? (Please comment after voting)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continuation TV series of SG-1,SGA and SGU

7 13.46%
  • Continuation of SG-1

4 7.69%
  • Continuation of SGA

8 15.38%
  • Continuation of SGU

7 13.46%
  • As a NEW Continuation series

15 28.85%
  • Continuation TV series of SG-1,SGA and SGU AND a new Continuation Series

6 11.54%
  • Reboot the Series

3 5.77%
  • Reboot Movie

0 0%
  • Reboot Movies

0 0%
  • Continuation in Movies (Please comment & say which one!)

1 1.92%
  • Cinema Movies

1 1.92%
  • Television Movies (Eg AoT)

0 0%
  • Other (please comment)

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Major General

Default Re: Bringing back Stargate Television Series

Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    Well may be they could show the Orici comes back somehow and starts a new Ori collective, which they send some of their ships to other galaxies to convert or the previous Ori sent some ships to other galaxies to convert and may be an Ori or some where on the ships.
    Since she's locked in an endless battle with Morgan, how would she come back??

That is one way to bring Destiny to fully or mostly repaired or the Planet Builders could fix Destiny and make it be how it was when it was full constructed and sent by the Ancients. Like how they fully fixed the Destiny's shuttle and made look like it is new again.
    Well, if they gonna do that, why not just have the 'planet builders' port everyone back home safe while we are at it..

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Since she's locked in an endless battle with Morgan, how would she come back??

Well, if they gonna do that, why not just have the 'planet builders' port everyone back home safe while we are at it..
    Yes I know she is in an endless battle with Morgan Le Fay. Like I said in that previous post you quoted. If the Ori sent ships to other galaxies and had some Ori go with those ships they may find a way to stop the endless battle the Orici is having with Morgan.

Well yes, if they could or would do it. The writes my say something about the Planet Builders that they can restore Destiny back to 100% but want Destiny to continue with the mission or may be it will take too much energy to send Destiny back to the Milky Way galaxy since it is millions or billions of light years away. Remember they want and the audience want the series to continue as long as possible so they would find a way to say why they can do this but can not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnikolic View Post
    Some could have been in hiding during the events in "Ark of Truth", thus the Ark did not affect them in any way. They escaped trough a Supergate in an Ori ship and made their way to where they are safe from its effects and have formed a special group who are against those who have been affected.

Easy. Reveal that an early version of Destiny has been built in Atlantis, so McKay comes up with a power source that can make Atlantis itself more powerful and give it some more abilities and features as well, one of those being the ability to dial the 9th chevron. After driving everyone crazy (including Zelenka), they search the hell out of the Pegasus and actually come across what seems to be a Destiny tech-based planet with a dozen labs with full instructions where to get the materials for the spare parts for the ship, including the needed tech to put them all together. So Woolsey calls for a crapload of scientists to come to Atlantis to come up with detailed instructions for the crew to repair the ship. Meanwhile, the crew goes trough a real hell in order to survive inside a mouse that's being chased by some hungry cats from the end of S2. Rush is driving everyone crazy, is obsessed about the mission and no longer gives a crap about how to fix the ship.
    I like what you have typed but Destiny was built over 50 million years before Atlantis was built. Destiny was launched from the Milky Way. It could be possible there is Destiny design technology somewhere around the Milky Way or Pegasus galaxies. If they dial the 9th chevron it will have to be a Milky Way gate since the Pegasus gates only have 8 chevrons. It may be possible that Atlantis does have the same or similar ability as Destiny to collect energy from inside a star just that the Atlantis Expedition has not found that ability, they still exploring Atlantis in season 5 or they have the designs in the Atlantis database or find it in an Ancient Repository.

Major General

Yes I know she is in an endless battle with Morgan Le Fay. Like I said in that previous post you quoted. If the Ori sent ships to other galaxies and had some Ori go with those ships they may find a way to stop the endless battle the Orici is having with Morgan.
    And exactly how?? When we used the arc on the Doci, it hit all priors in their galaxy, and the ones in ours were taken care of by that one eye dude. They never WENT to any other galaxy.
    As for finding tech that would stop that battle. What tech??

Well yes, if they could or would do it. The writes my say something about the Planet Builders that they can restore Destiny back to 100% but want Destiny to continue with the mission or may be it will take too much energy to send Destiny back to the Milky Way galaxy since it is millions or billions of light years away. Remember they want and the audience want the series to continue as long as possible so they would find a way to say why they can do this but can not do that.
    So basically pull something ot of the keister, deus ex machina..

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    And exactly how?? When we used the arc on the Doci, it hit all priors in their galaxy, and the ones in ours were taken care of by that one eye dude. They never WENT to any other galaxy.
    As for finding tech that would stop that battle. What tech??

So basically pull something ot of the keister, deus ex machina..

Yes I already know what has already happened but they could say that to bring back the Ori and the Oric in some way. It is one of many suggestions.

May be a deus ex machina. But first they should come up with logical ways first. The problem, and a good thing, is that there is not enough history about the Planet Builders so the writers can say anything. Hopefully they will write smart things about the Planet Builders.

Back on topic:

I was just on reddit and found a link, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...antis/dbh7x7t/. It was an interview with Brad Wright and he mentions about Ellie Wallace at the end of SGU.

Also here is a Facebook link to one of the people who started the petition on change.org, https://www.facebook.com/SaveStargat...=page_internal.

Are there any suggestions or any other comments on what we all have discussed so far from anyone else?
    Last edited by Raj_2006; January 4th, 2017 at 09:45 AM.

Probie

step one. declare sgu noncannon.

Major General

Why? What is it about SGU that gets your nickers in a twist to where you want the entire season declared non-canon?

Probie

their are a lot of reasons i didn't like sgu but declaring it noncannon would wrap up the loose ends in a hurry and its not like it was good anyway.. it was stargates ds9

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdrake View Post
    Step Two: Disregard Step One
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Well it could considered a what-if series but it would be difficult because it has previous cast have made guest appearances. To me SGU is canon and to a lot of people. They can make changes to it to make it successful. That is why I started this discussion thread to share opinions and ideas. Also to show others about the petitions, hopefully get more people to sign it, may be e-mail, send letters and to tweet to cast and crew. I have sent a few tweets to some of the crew who worked on the stargate series and got a couple of likes, one of those likes is from Joseph Mallozzi, who wrote on the SG-1, SGA and SGU.

Joseph Mallozzi liked your Tweet
    31 Dec 2016: @BaronDestructo Please bring back Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis & Stargate Universe. As a continuation. New & previous characters mix.
    Joseph Mallozzi

A poll has been added today. Thank you Bagpuss for adding the poll and making the thread a sticky thread. After you have voted, please make a comment on why you choose that option, if you want to.
    Last edited by Raj_2006; January 8th, 2017 at 12:58 PM.

I think the most rational thing to do is a spinoff series. I like ideal focusing on what we have been up to, the galaxy as we have now made it (multiple 'alpha sites and/or apollo class ships and their adventures) of course there would need to be new adversaries (the continuous rise of the Lucian alliance, or our ships going to help Atlantis with the Vanir) all these scenarios can tie in resolutions to unresolved series and also begin a whole new series, without having to rely on being able to cast previous cast members. Any member wanting reprising roles can easily be written into this all the while expanding the SG universe as we know it.

I do like that, I did not like SGU either, I watched it for a few episodes to give it a chance but...no

I am also however not for bringing the old shows back with new episodes. I think a rerun on TV for them would do just fine.
    If new Stargate on TV then a whole new Stargate Series but I was disappointed by SGU, so I do honestly not know if I would atch that really. Would for me depend on what it is about and such

Major General

So, a new series starts with Earth as the most powerful planet in the galaxy. A fleet of near unbeatable ships. Access to the combined knowledge of the Asgard and the Ancients. Atlantis is on Earth, which is protected by the drone weapons in Antarctica and Atlantis (the Puddle Jumpers never ran out so there must be an automated facility in Atlantis )

...Where would this new series go? The Ori, practically gods, were defeated in less than two seasons. Who could be a threat to such a powerful planet?

What would make seeing such a powerful planet effortlessly crush anyone who opposes them interesting?

And remember this hypothetical show is starting several years after the last one ended. Earth has had time to explore the alien libraries and develop more technology since the last time we saw them.

They're not the scrappy underdogs they were at the beginning of SG-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post

That could be a chance but also a problem because some of the conflicts just as the awakening of the Wraith was caused by them being yet unexperienced. However it is human to be curious, even if one might have to be a bit less cautious than would be wise.
    So, I guess even if they gained experoence there would be reasons some unexpected things could happen

Major General

They have also gained several thousand years worth of technological advancement. With two Deux ex Machina machines full of several millennia worth of knowledge that can be used for last minute solutions to any problem they might face.

SGU was a way to distance the series from the easy fixes.

Carrying on with a new series set on Earth brings all the advancements made during SG-1 back into play. Even if they discovered a new address to a new galaxy, they're not going to make the same mistake they made with Atlantis by sending people through unprepared. There's no reason to now. They have ships that can reach distant galaxies, access to more advanced power sources so not being able to dial home isn't a problem any more. They could take Ancient shield generators and Asgard weapons. No matter what they run into, they will always have the upper hand. Or be able to make a quick getaway.

Earth is too powerful now.

Stargate was all about humans in our time, with our level of technology facing all the problems that are usually reserved for science fiction shows set in the distant future. It has moved so far from that original concept that they could easily say it's set in the year 3017, and it would be hard to argue against it when the technology makes Star Trek look quaint and antiquated.
    Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; January 13th, 2017 at 10:43 AM.

First Lieutenant StargateMillennium's Avatar

While I didn't like SGU, it was boring and forgettable, not franchise breaking. If SGA or SG1 get a continuation series or a new series comes out, the canonacity of SGU probably won't affect it and the people who did like SGU can still be happy about it being canon.

Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

First Lieutenant StargateMillennium's Avatar

Where would this new series go? The Ori, practically gods, were defeated in less than two seasons. Who could be a threat to such a powerful planet?

What would make seeing such a powerful planet effortlessly crush anyone who opposes them interesting?

And remember this hypothetical show is starting several years after the last one ended. Earth has had time to explore the alien libraries and develop more technology since the last time we saw them.

This is the biggest reason I think a new series should do the whole "in a new far away galaxy" thing. It'll remove a lot of the OP Earth issue.

That being said, I think there are still plenty of ways to work around Earth's power in a plot. I liked SGU's idea of the lack of a main enemy. Maybe the new "bad guys" aren't there to hurt the Tau'ri but more of "we want something and you are in our way". Maybe have that actively fighting and beating the baddies will have bad repercussions. Maybe have the villain's history be similar to Earth, saying they spent a long time gathering alien technology to protect their planet including Ancient and Asgard tech. Maybe create a moral grey in their villains, a reason to second guess ousting them. Maybe Earth's former allies have become nervous about Earth's new power and how they'll use it and have begun implementing failsafes in case Earth goes bad (something Earth probably won't take lightly if discovered). Maybe the new villains could be underdogs themselves. Scifi stories always show underdog good guys going against overpowered bad guys. Let's flip the tables.

That being said, two of Earth's victories (the replicators and ori) were due to the press-here-to-win buttons. They didn't have to get methodically defeated like the Goa'uld and Wraith so there are still ways to make enemies strong against Earth.

Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Major General

SGU already did that "in a galaxy far far away.."

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by StargateMillennium View Post
    This is the biggest reason I think a new series should do the whole "in a new far away galaxy" thing. It'll remove a lot of the OP Earth issue.
    That's what SGU was, apart from the ships used to get to Icarus at the beginning, most of the ridiculously overpowered Earth stuff was ignored.

That being said, I think there are still plenty of ways to work around Earth's power in a plot. I liked SGU's idea of the lack of a main enemy. Maybe the new "bad guys" aren't there to hurt the Tau'ri but more of "we want something and you are in our way".
    The Ori? We just want to bring "peace and enlightenment to the galaxy" Why are you fighting us? If they're explorers looking for a way to get home, or scientists looking to discover a cure or something, wouldn't that make Earth the bad guys for stopping them?

Maybe have that actively fighting and beating the baddies will have bad repercussions.
    A race Earth depends on for something? Like the Jaffa turning against the Goa'uld?

Maybe have the villain's history be similar to Earth, saying they spent a long time gathering alien technology to protect their planet including Ancient and Asgard tech. Maybe create a moral grey in their villains, a reason to second guess ousting them.
    That's the Goa'uld/Tok'ra.

Maybe Earth's former allies have become nervous about Earth's new power and how they'll use it and have begun implementing failsafes in case Earth goes bad (something Earth probably won't take lightly if discovered).
    Earth is the evil empire in this story.

Maybe the new villains could be underdogs themselves. Scifi stories always show underdog good guys going against overpowered bad guys. Let's flip the tables.
    Heroes "punch up" they fight enemies stronger than themselves. Earth is the evil empire crushing the resistance forces in this story.

That being said, two of Earth's victories (the replicators and ori) were due to the press-here-to-win buttons. They didn't have to get methodically defeated like the Goa'uld and Wraith so there are still ways to make enemies strong against Earth.
    Only by making them even more powerful than Earth, and the Ori were created to fill this role. Earth has become so powerful that the only thing the writers could come up with to even remotely challenge them was a race of gods.

And then even they were defeated with minimal effort and a field trip to their home galaxy.

That's what SGU was, apart from the ships used to get to Icarus at the beginning, most of the ridiculously overpowered Earth stuff was ignored.
    Yes, it was, and that is one of the only things I -personally- found redeeming in SGU. I get the "starting with broken toys" as a concept for team building and creating viewer/character rapport, I just found the way they executed it to be very poor.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth