Which gate is the "primary"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which gate is the "primary"?

With Atlantis back on Earth following EATG, is that gate the dominant one over the one at SGC, since it has a dhd? Since the SGC gate don't have one but has a sophisticated dialing computer it can be used, but would incoming wormholes be connected to Atlantis's gate?

no, the earth gate would still be primary, with the macro that McKay made for the midway station, it would be just another gate, it could still be used in the milky way, but the SGC gate would be the primary because it is a milky way gate.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
      no, the earth gate would still be primary, with the macro that McKay made for the midway station, it would be just another gate, it could still be used in the milky way, but the SGC gate would be the primary because it is a milky way gate.
      I'm sure the macro was deleted once the midway station was destroyed and the idea abandoned. Also, let's not forget that when the Russians had the gate from Egypt and the DHD retrieved from the Germans during WW II. When the DHD was connected to the Russian gate it had precedence over the one at the SGC. The Atlantis gate has a DHD, so it would, in theory, take precedence over the gate at the SGC. Regardless whether or not it's a MW or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
        I'm sure the macro was deleted once the midway station was destroyed and the idea abandoned. Also, let's not forget that when the Russians had the gate from Egypt and the DHD retrieved from the Germans during WW II. When the DHD was connected to the Russian gate it had precedence over the one at the SGC. The Atlantis gate has a DHD, so it would, in theory, take precedence over the gate at the SGC. Regardless whether or not it's a MW or not.
        do you really think McKay would allow his work of BRILLANCE , AMAZING INSIGHT AND ALL ROUND GENIUS, just be deleted like that, besides, the DHD the Russians had went with that gate, the gate the Russians recovered was the original one used in Egypt with that DHD, it is sort of like remotes, the remote that came with your TV will let it do everything the instructions tell you that it can do, BUT, if it gets chewed up by the dog or you drop a HEAVY planter on it, and it goes crunch, then it aint working again, you go out and get a universal remote, it won't work the way your orginal remote worked, so I think it would work sort of like that.

Comment

do you really think McKay would allow his work of BRILLANCE , AMAZING INSIGHT AND ALL ROUND GENIUS, just be deleted like that, besides, the DHD the Russians had went with that gate, the gate the Russians recovered was the original one used in Egypt with that DHD, it is sort of like remotes, the remote that came with your TV will let it do everything the instructions tell you that it can do, BUT, if it gets chewed up by the dog or you drop a HEAVY planter on it, and it goes crunch, then it aint working again, you go out and get a universal remote, it won't work the way your orginal remote worked, so I think it would work sort of like that.
          Why wouldn't the macro be deleted? It was obsolete after all?

Comment

Why wouldn't the macro be deleted? It was obsolete after all?
            it allowed the two gates at midway station to function, even though they were just a few feet apart, one could open and work while the other was still open, remember the wraith were able to gate to earth while the Pegasus gate was still active, not to mention he more than likely saved every program that he EVER wrote so future historians could marvel at his unrivaled genius at the Rodney McKay museum, that will some day cover the entire surface of a planet.

Comment

it allowed the two gates at midway station to function, even though they were just a few feet apart, one could open and work while the other was still open, remember the wraith were able to gate to earth while the Pegasus gate was still active, not to mention he more than likely saved every program that he EVER wrote so future historians could marvel at his unrivaled genius at the Rodney McKay museum, that will some day cover the entire surface of a planet.
              On what planet would this McKay museum be on? Until or unless the SGC is declassified it's not gonna be on Earth.

Comment

do you really think McKay would allow his work of BRILLANCE , AMAZING INSIGHT AND ALL ROUND GENIUS, just be deleted like that...
                This made me laugh -- I can actually hear him say that.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  This made me laugh -- I can actually hear him say that.
                  I'm more interested to know where this McKay museum will be, on what planet.

Comment

I'm more interested to know where this McKay museum will be, on what planet.
                    I am soo sorry, I got it all wrong, it wasn't a planet at all, it was a dyson sphere, yes, it would encompass the orbit of the entire solar system, and need to have an artificial sun, a natural yellow sun would just be too small, and Rodney wouldn't allow any thing to taint his work of brilliance, not even changing the color would be allowed, a red or blue sun would change the color of the computer readouts.

Comment

I am soo sorry, I got it all wrong, it wasn't a planet at all, it was a dyson sphere, yes, it would encompass the orbit of the entire solar system, and need to have an artificial sun, a natural yellow sun would just be too small, and Rodney wouldn't allow any thing to taint his work of brilliance, not even changing the color would be allowed, a red or blue sun would change the color of the computer readouts.
                      Har Har

Comment

Working...
                      X