• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Present (309)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON THREE
    THE PRESENT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 309
    Barry travels to Earth-3 to ask Jay Garrick for help against the looming threat of Savitar, while the team's investigation of the Philosopher's Stone points toward Julian. Julian struggles with his inner demons, and Wally reveals that he has been training with H.R.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 December 2016, 08:40 PM.

This episode was pretty awesome. Now we know why Savitar is after Barry. Barry needs to have a sit down talk with Jay to find out all the stuff he doesn't know. Which could take a while since he's pretty clueless most of the time. I wonder if iris will actually die tho. Also if she's the one that dies who do you think betrays? The obvious would be HR. Funny that Savitar called him the fake Wells.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

I dont understand why do they need to have xmas themed episode every season. It's like they dont have summer in there or other seasons.
      sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

I don't think they would kill off Iris. If they do that, then Barry would completely loose any sanity and grounding he has left and would go on to create yet another Flashpoint or screw up the entire timeline for good. I think we have seen enough of that.
        My candidate for dying is either Julien or HR. I think the Wells betraying the team is an overplayed route. Plus he kind of betrayed Joe's trust by secretly training Wally, so I really don't think the show runners will choose him.
        I think the betrayer will be Julien (if he doesn't die) or Caitlin if she turns to Killer Frost again.
        It was an awesome episode indeed. Lots of fight scenes. Strange thing is I also liked how Jay got his ass kicked. Maybe it was to prove that even a seasoned speedster is unable to handle Savitar. On the other hand Jay was also beaten by Zoom, so I was very surprised when Jay said he will battle him alone. Maybe even more surprised that Savitar went after him instead of stopping Barry.
        I think them throwing the philosopher's stone in the speed force and not warning Iris about the future was a bad decision. Those two decision also seems to be linked somehow.

I think Julien/Draco Malfoy should have told Barry and Jay that Nicolas Flamel could have taken care of the philosopher's stone for them by destroying it, like he did in HP. XD
        Last edited by Peterking72; 17 January 2017, 05:27 AM. Reason: spelling
        sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I also don't think they'll kill Iris and I also think either HR or Julien will die (outisde of Joe's new girlfriend, they just seem the most disposable). Caitlin seems like the obvious choice because of her powers, but maybe Cisco or Wally will be the traitor (or maybe it'll end up the other way around, with either Cisco or Wally dying and HR or Julien being the traitor, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part lol).
          sigpic

Comment

HR wont betray, its too obvious, plus every Wells cant be bad, right?

It will be interesting to see the outcome...

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
              I think them throwing the philosopher's stone in the speed force
              Hah when they did this I said to my wife maybe put some tape around it or something maybe a warning label do not open or at least something
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                Hah when they did this I said to my wife maybe put some tape around it or something maybe a warning label do not open or at least something
                Haha, I was wondering whether it would just open wherever it landed, atleast put something round it...

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                  I dont understand why do they need to have xmas themed episode every season. It's like they dont have summer in there or other seasons.
                  A lot of shows typically have a time jump around the break between seasons to keep the show time lined up with real time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                    This episode was pretty awesome. Now we know why Savitar is after Barry. Barry needs to have a sit down talk with Jay to find out all the stuff he doesn't know. Which could take a while since he's pretty clueless most of the time. I wonder if iris will actually die tho. Also if she's the one that dies who do you think betrays? The obvious would be HR. Funny that Savitar called him the fake Wells.
                    On the Iris dying.. It wouldn't surprise me. BUT as for the traitor, i HOPE its not HR...
                    As to the barry-jay sitdown, i am not sure if jay knows more than he's saying..
                    AND If the box with that thing was tossed INTO the speedforce, how did Savatar get out to kill Iris???

Also, now barry's told yet another person his secret, what's that gonna do for the dynamics in the group??
                    THOUGH i did like the nice touch of him showing up at the xmas party, and offering to give barry his job back...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      On the Iris dying.. It wouldn't surprise me. BUT as for the traitor, i HOPE its not HR...
                      As to the barry-jay sitdown, i am not sure if jay knows more than he's saying..
                      AND If the box with that thing was tossed INTO the speedforce, how did Savatar get out to kill Iris???
                      I'm leaning toward this being part of Savitar's plan to regain his full power. I think he wanted the stone to get thrown into the speed force.

In the comics at one point, Barry was responsible for the lightning bolt that gave Wally his powers, so I'm wondering if we have some kind of predestination paradox like that going on.

Comment

In the comics at one point, Barry was responsible for the lightning bolt that gave Wally his powers, so I'm wondering if we have some kind of predestination paradox like that going on.
                        Come again?

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                          or maybe it'll end up the other way around, with either Cisco or Wally dying and HR or Julien being the traitor
                          I don't think they'll kill off Wally. He just got his powers. It would be too early to drop the kool aid on that kid. Plus in the comics Wally is kind of continuing Barry's legacy after Barry's death.
                          Cisco won't die either. He is a main character and the single source of fun in the show.

Maybe Julien betrays himself and die?
                          Either way it's going to end bad for Julien. Historically the guy who opens a can of whoopass gets his ass whooped in the end.
                          Funny thing is that Savitar getting "trapped" in the speedforce is what happened in the comic book version. Of course he wasn't trapped in a magic "box" in the comics.

@Starsaber: Barry has nothing to do with Wally's powers in the show's version of Flash. In the comics Wally got his powers by having an accident in the lab. Same as Barry. I think you mixed up something. In the comics Barry was the lightening who gave himself his powers. Maybe you was thinking about that?
                          sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

I know that they most likely won't kill anyone major/important like Wally or Cisco, that's why I said it was probably wishful thinking on my part since I kind of find them both annoying lol (more so Cisco than Wally, I've always found Cisco pretty annoying, I actually think he's less annoying now than he used to be though).
                            sigpic

Comment

Who do you think is going to have the fate worse than death?

Comment

Working...
                              X