Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    As of today, Amazon Prime no longer includes Stargate SG-1.

  2. #2
    Airman Gifford2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Great. This one too. Was in the middle of season 9.

  3. #3
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,978

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    If only their was a magical disc that allowed you to watch Stargate. Since that black magic does not exist
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  4. #4
    Second Lieutenant Peterking72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Traveling in my Tardis :)
    Posts
    436

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    You can buy, download or stream it anywhere. It's not like Amazon is the only source or even the best source.
    Magic is not needed, Stargate itself is all the magic you'll ever need.
    Abrakadabra with a hint of sarcasm...hmm.. delicious.
    Hallowed are the Ori.

  5. #5
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,097

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    If only their was a magical disc that allowed you to watch Stargate. Since that black magic does not exist
    Who told you about my magic disc's????
    What traitor amid my ranks deserves punishment!!
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  6. #6
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    I posted my first message while I was tired and upset, so I was succinct. To be more exact with more details, I was watching Stargate SG-1 as background while I was doing some work continuously for a few days since it had a lot of emotional scenes in it I was using to help me deal with a very traumatic breakup I had with my significant other. It was playing fine. When it came time to hit NEXT for the next episode, the screen said something to the effect of "you do not have authorization for this content". I reloaded literally everything, got back to the episode, and it said I had to buy it. I was floored.

    I submitted both a Feedback asking what happened and entered a Chat (since Feedback seemed like the wrong word). In Chat they confirmed that Stargate SG-1 license (for inclusion as part of Amazon Prime Video) had been terminated by the content owner, and the same thing was also sent to me in an email reply to my Feedback from some other customer support rep. They also said that my feedback was being used as an indication to them of my concerns regarding this issue. So, obviously, they are considering whether or not to continue including Stargate SG-1 as part of Amazon Prime.

    However, I want to clarify that one may outright purchase it per episode or per season year of episodes in Amazon Prime and watch it that way. If I'm going to consider that, then I would almost certainly not give my money directly to Amazon, but instead get the highest quality HD content from some sort of solid archive format (BluRay? I assume it exists? I'd have to look.).

    If anyone needs proof, I saved both conversations.

  7. #7
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,978

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Who told you about my magic disc's????
    What traitor amid my ranks deserves punishment!!
    Mrs. GF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmo View Post
    I posted my first message while I was tired and upset, so I was succinct. To be more exact with more details, I was watching Stargate SG-1 as background while I was doing some work continuously for a few days since it had a lot of emotional scenes in it I was using to help me deal with a very traumatic breakup I had with my significant other. It was playing fine. When it came time to hit NEXT for the next episode, the screen said something to the effect of "you do not have authorization for this content". I reloaded literally everything, got back to the episode, and it said I had to buy it. I was floored.

    I submitted both a Feedback asking what happened and entered a Chat (since Feedback seemed like the wrong word). In Chat they confirmed that Stargate SG-1 license (for inclusion as part of Amazon Prime Video) had been terminated by the content owner, and the same thing was also sent to me in an email reply to my Feedback from some other customer support rep. They also said that my feedback was being used as an indication to them of my concerns regarding this issue. So, obviously, they are considering whether or not to continue including Stargate SG-1 as part of Amazon Prime.

    However, I want to clarify that one may outright purchase it per episode or per season year of episodes in Amazon Prime and watch it that way. If I'm going to consider that, then I would almost certainly not give my money directly to Amazon, but instead get the highest quality HD content from some sort of solid archive format (BluRay? I assume it exists? I'd have to look.).

    If anyone needs proof, I saved both conversations.
    Hulu has all the Stargates. You will have to pay a monthly subscription
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  8. #8
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,097

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Mrs. GF
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  9. #9
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,978

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    This is why I don't have frjends
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  10. #10
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmo View Post
    I posted my first message while I was tired and upset, so I was succinct. To be more exact with more details, I was watching Stargate SG-1 as background while I was doing some work continuously for a few days since it had a lot of emotional scenes in it I was using to help me deal with a very traumatic breakup I had with my significant other. It was playing fine. When it came time to hit NEXT for the next episode, the screen said something to the effect of "you do not have authorization for this content". I reloaded literally everything, got back to the episode, and it said I had to buy it. I was floored.

    I submitted both a Feedback asking what happened and entered a Chat (since Feedback seemed like the wrong word). In Chat they confirmed that Stargate SG-1 license (for inclusion as part of Amazon Prime Video) had been terminated by the content owner, and the same thing was also sent to me in an email reply to my Feedback from some other customer support rep. They also said that my feedback was being used as an indication to them of my concerns regarding this issue. So, obviously, they are considering whether or not to continue including Stargate SG-1 as part of Amazon Prime.

    However, I want to clarify that one may outright purchase it per episode or per season year of episodes in Amazon Prime and watch it that way. If I'm going to consider that, then I would almost certainly not give my money directly to Amazon, but instead get the highest quality HD content from some sort of solid archive format (BluRay? I assume it exists? I'd have to look.).

    If anyone needs proof, I saved both conversations.
    There is no blu-ray version of SG-1. It is available, however for Atlantis and the first of SGU, go figure.

  11. #11
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,851

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    There is likely a free trial period with Hulu if you want to binge to finish the series then wait for it to come back to a streaming service you currently subscribe to.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  12. #12
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,978

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    I think their is a 30 day free trial period
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  13. #13
    Probie
    Member Since
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Well that sucks

  14. #14
    Second Lieutenant houghtam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    I also just sent an email to Amazon and got the same response. I thin (or hope through rose colored glasses) if enough people complain they might try to get it back. Took FOREVER for me to find the link... They don't make it easy.

    Here is the link to the customer service site - you'll need to be logged on as a prime member, then select the "Prime or something else" button and go from there.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

  15. #15
    Probie
    Member Since
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Thanks for the link.

    Luckily I finished watching series 10 just before the cutoff. I was going to watch Atlantis again but also no longer free.

  16. #16
    Major
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    L O S T
    Posts
    2,581

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Discovered this atrocity this weekend as well. Thought it was odd for it to occur mid month.
    But basically it's like life has lost all meaning now. Sure I have them all on DVD but that's so cumbersome to watch.
    Not a Hulu subscriber since it's terrible and I have cable and DVR so I won't go that route. Just pretty upsetting. God help us if Star trek goes off Prime.

  17. #17
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Discovered this atrocity this weekend as well. Thought it was odd for it to occur mid month.
    But basically it's like life has lost all meaning now. Sure I have them all on DVD but that's so cumbersome to watch.
    Not a Hulu subscriber since it's terrible and I have cable and DVR so I won't go that route. Just pretty upsetting. God help us if Star trek goes off Prime.
    I just took my discs and converted them into mkv files and put them on my plex server

  18. #18
    Major
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    L O S T
    Posts
    2,581

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhousden View Post
    I just took my discs and converted them into mkv files and put them on my plex server
    Yes i thought of this as well since I use plex for other stuff - but, I'm just far too lazy. also I'd need to get another external HD. I'd much rather just have them back on Prime because reasons.

  19. #19
    Airman Gifford2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Discovered this atrocity this weekend as well. Thought it was odd for it to occur mid month.
    But basically it's like life has lost all meaning now. Sure I have them all on DVD but that's so cumbersome to watch.
    Not a Hulu subscriber since it's terrible and I have cable and DVR so I won't go that route. Just pretty upsetting. God help us if Star trek goes off Prime.
    Completely agree. I however can't watch on a DVD. I am almost deaf and can't hear it unless I turn it up loud enough for the neighbors to complain. And I hate subtitles. I use a Bluetooth in my better ear. Don't have a computer to put it from disc to Kindle.

  20. #20
    Probie
    Member Since
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

    Does anyone know if it's on Itunes?

Similar Threads

  1. Amazon Prime missing scenes
    By dyingdreams in forum SGA Merchandise
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: April 27th, 2016, 09:44 PM
  2. Could Stargate SG1 have gone on longer?
    By StevenSG1 in forum SG-1 General Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: September 24th, 2014, 04:40 PM
  3. Amazon Prime to the rescue!
    By EAW in forum Farscape
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2014, 09:24 AM
  4. Stargate on Amazon Prime - updated quality
    By Insolent Slave in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 9th, 2013, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •