This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime no longer inlcudes Stargate SG-1

As of today, Amazon Prime no longer includes Stargate SG-1.

Great. This one too. Was in the middle of season 9.

Comment

If only their was a magical disc that allowed you to watch Stargate. Since that black magic does not exist
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

You can buy, download or stream it anywhere. It's not like Amazon is the only source or even the best source.
        Magic is not needed, Stargate itself is all the magic you'll ever need.
        Abrakadabra with a hint of sarcasm...hmm.. delicious.
        sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          If only their was a magical disc that allowed you to watch Stargate. Since that black magic does not exist
          Who told you about my magic disc's????
          What traitor amid my ranks deserves punishment!!
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I posted my first message while I was tired and upset, so I was succinct. To be more exact with more details, I was watching Stargate SG-1 as background while I was doing some work continuously for a few days since it had a lot of emotional scenes in it I was using to help me deal with a very traumatic breakup I had with my significant other. It was playing fine. When it came time to hit NEXT for the next episode, the screen said something to the effect of "you do not have authorization for this content". I reloaded literally everything, got back to the episode, and it said I had to buy it. I was floored.

I submitted both a Feedback asking what happened and entered a Chat (since Feedback seemed like the wrong word). In Chat they confirmed that Stargate SG-1 license (for inclusion as part of Amazon Prime Video) had been terminated by the content owner, and the same thing was also sent to me in an email reply to my Feedback from some other customer support rep. They also said that my feedback was being used as an indication to them of my concerns regarding this issue. So, obviously, they are considering whether or not to continue including Stargate SG-1 as part of Amazon Prime.

However, I want to clarify that one may outright purchase it per episode or per season year of episodes in Amazon Prime and watch it that way. If I'm going to consider that, then I would almost certainly not give my money directly to Amazon, but instead get the highest quality HD content from some sort of solid archive format (BluRay? I assume it exists? I'd have to look.).

If anyone needs proof, I saved both conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Who told you about my magic disc's????
              What traitor amid my ranks deserves punishment!!
              Mrs. GF
              Originally posted by Ulmo View Post
              I posted my first message while I was tired and upset, so I was succinct. To be more exact with more details, I was watching Stargate SG-1 as background while I was doing some work continuously for a few days since it had a lot of emotional scenes in it I was using to help me deal with a very traumatic breakup I had with my significant other. It was playing fine. When it came time to hit NEXT for the next episode, the screen said something to the effect of "you do not have authorization for this content". I reloaded literally everything, got back to the episode, and it said I had to buy it. I was floored.

I submitted both a Feedback asking what happened and entered a Chat (since Feedback seemed like the wrong word). In Chat they confirmed that Stargate SG-1 license (for inclusion as part of Amazon Prime Video) had been terminated by the content owner, and the same thing was also sent to me in an email reply to my Feedback from some other customer support rep. They also said that my feedback was being used as an indication to them of my concerns regarding this issue. So, obviously, they are considering whether or not to continue including Stargate SG-1 as part of Amazon Prime.

However, I want to clarify that one may outright purchase it per episode or per season year of episodes in Amazon Prime and watch it that way. If I'm going to consider that, then I would almost certainly not give my money directly to Amazon, but instead get the highest quality HD content from some sort of solid archive format (BluRay? I assume it exists? I'd have to look.).

Hulu has all the Stargates. You will have to pay a monthly subscription
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Mrs. GF
                NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

This is why I don't have frjends
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Ulmo View Post

There is no blu-ray version of SG-1. It is available, however for Atlantis and the first of SGU, go figure.

Comment

There is likely a free trial period with Hulu if you want to binge to finish the series then wait for it to come back to a streaming service you currently subscribe to.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think their is a 30 day free trial period
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Well that sucks

Comment

I also just sent an email to Amazon and got the same response. I thin (or hope through rose colored glasses) if enough people complain they might try to get it back. Took FOREVER for me to find the link... They don't make it easy.

Here is the link to the customer service site - you'll need to be logged on as a prime member, then select the "Prime or something else" button and go from there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Luckily I finished watching series 10 just before the cutoff. I was going to watch Atlantis again but also no longer free.

Comment

Working...
                              X