Is Apophis a System Lord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Apophis a System Lord?

So a few days on a Facebook on a thread someone called Apophis a System Lord. I replied saying he wasn't.
    Then I got hit with lots of replies saying I was wrong. I then looked at some wiki's online and other discussions on this and as well stated different than what I thought.

I've watched the series like 50 times. So I know my stargate pretty well.

I have yet to see any shred of evidence were on the series stating Apophis was a System Lord.
    Sure his brother Ra was one but System Lords have to be voted in and you don't become a System Lord by merely inheriting it.

One guy brought up the hologram in the episode Seth. But that pyramid chart just shows a family tree of the system Lord Ra.

If anyone has any evidence please give me what episode its on in the series.
    Otherwise there is a lot of miss information on the topic out there.

He was voted in by proxy when Osiris went to the summit in Last Stand

Comment

Hey Gifford. That was Anubis that Osiris was representing and not Apophis.

Comment

Sorry I read it wrong. I'm half asleep still.

Comment

Not worries man.

Comment

Apophis was a system lord, and after we killed Ra he was essentially the most powerful of them all. As seen in the pilot where Apophis was seen going to former of Ra's systems to basically replace him as their "god."

Comment

The obvious question is: why wouldn't he be? He was the second strongest Goa'uld (after Ra). He controls a domain and has Jaffa under him and no Goa'uld above him. Why wouldn't he be a System Lord?

Comment

I was watching the episode where the Asgard wanted to make Earth part of the protected treaty. The way Thor talks about the System Lords really shows him separating Apophis from the System Lords. Saying the System Lords can mount a force 100 times that of what Apophis sent.

Power doesn't make you a System Lord though. Taking over someone's domain doesn't either. You have to be voted in. Look at how powerful Sokar was and he wasn't a System Lord for example.

Comment

Apophis wasn't a System Lord. He was just a punk ass Goa'uld who was in the right places in the right times to seize control over territories and assets of former Goa'ulds.
                  SystemLords is right: You have to be voted in by other members.
                  sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
                    Apophis wasn't a System Lord. He was just a punk ass Goa'uld who was in the right places in the right times to seize control over territories and assets of former Goa'ulds.
                    SystemLords is right: You have to be voted in by other members.
                    I'm pretty sure that Teal'c said something about Apophis being a system lord

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that Teal'c said something about Apophis being a system lord
                      Even the Stargate wiki says he was a system lord

Comment

Ill be rewatching SG1 soon, direct to the source so to speak and i will try to post if i get a direct answer, also, things change, is it not possible that one reference for or against system lord may be different than another time? Maybe the question should be was he ever a sydtem lord? Just my two cents

Comment

Yes. The rivalries wouldn't make sense if he wasn't
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

@Jelgate,Bhousden and others:
                            There are a double-parter episode (Season 5- Summit(1)-Last stand(2)) in which the current System Lords hold a summit where they discuss things concerning territories,problems and other stuff. There is also a vote on whether to reinstate Anubis into their ranks or not. Osiris is representing Anubis by proxy.
                            Apophis was destroyed by SG-1 in the first episode of season 5, so we will likely never know whether he was to be a part of that summit or not. Anyway I'm standing by my earlier statement that he wasn't a System Lord.
                            When Stargate started and more and more Goa'uld were being introduced as we progressed trough the seasons it is possible that the term System Lord was just a minor thing in the process, so it was not in use until season 5.
                            Also they retconned a lot of things, however I don't remember anything this "major" thing being among them.

If you want to be really sure though then ask the creators and show runners .
                            sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Working...
                            X