No announcement yet.

Changing (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gay, straight or bent into a pretzel, that's not the issue.

I don't watch a show of this type for romantic content, of ANY flavor. I'm not a shipper. More like an anti-shipper. Why do you think orientation has anything to do with it?

So I don't know what you mean by needing an excuse to say you don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      So, I assume, not having read any of the other episode threads (yet), that you also had a problem with Win pining after Kara, Kara pining after James, Kara getting her heart crushed when Lucy Lane and James get back together, Lucy and James relationship going up and down, Win and Smyth getting it on in the supply closet... Mike and the secretary... The chemistry between Maxwell Lord and Alex.

I mean, plenty of romantic/sexually laden stuff going on in Supergirl.

Or is it just Alex' love life or lack thereof that bothers you?

RE: climate change
      I'm even surprised either of you is watching this show since climate change is such a heavy subject all throughout season 1 and a little in season 2.

I was a bit annoyed but not surprised about the love triangle. One of the things I loved about Arrow is that they dropped the will they wont they angle and then they gave you a massive (if possibly un-Comic book cannon) twist by matching Oliver with Felicity. The Winn/Jimmy/Kara thing was too cliche for me, but I wasn't surprised given the channel involved at the time.

As for Alex, I would have preferred a bisexual approach with her. It just seemed off to me. We've never really got that much into Alex's life absent Kara. It really took me out of Supergirl. And there was a missed opportunity with Kara not being raised on Earth for the first 12 years. It bugged me that the show didn't give us cultural take on the whole coming out thing (further taking me out of the Supergirl feel). Kara is an alien from an alien culture. Is it normal for them? Is it shunned (Considering how uptight they seem to be)? Does it even work that way? I mean, they do have prejudices in Krypton with the whole Daxumites being icky thing.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Ah the old fans not knowing what soap opera is cliché. Some things never get old.

Now lets get those perfect characters who are just robots
      Love triangles have been overdone though. Remember Lana Lang from Smallville? *shudders*
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

I never watched Smallville
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Then you were spared the forced Lana Lang romance angle. They had 10 seasons. The first few, fine. Lana Lang was his highschool crush/love. But they kept her coming at Clark well into season 8...and Lois Lane was introduced in season 4! I mean, talk about beating an old horse. They beat it to a pulp until it was nothing but mushy organic pile of goo, took it to a taxidermy and beat it again until it was all smashed up into dust.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            So, I assume, not having read any of the other episode threads (yet), that you also had a problem with Win pining after Kara, Kara pining after James, Kara getting her heart crushed when Lucy Lane and James get back together, Lucy and James relationship going up and down, Win and Smyth getting it on in the supply closet... Mike and the secretary... The chemistry between Maxwell Lord and Alex.

I mean, plenty of romantic/sexually laden stuff going on in Supergirl.

Or is it just Alex' love life or lack thereof that bothers you?

RE: climate change
            I'm even surprised either of you is watching this show since climate change is such a heavy subject all throughout season 1 and a little in season 2.
            I hated the whole Kara/James thing. IMO there was no romantic chemistry there so I'm happy they nipped it in the bud this season.

But damn that was hard on Alex. I'm glad Kara was there for her in the end, it looked touch and go for a while. Also quite funny seeing Kara get drunk

But as for the DEO which I thought was supposed to be secret, there seems to be a lot of coming and going at their base of operatons
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              But as for the DEO which I thought was supposed to be secret, there seems to be a lot of coming and going at their base of operatons
              Yea, it has almost as much traffic in and out as the arrow cave..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Yea, it has almost as much traffic in and out as the arrow cave..
                I know, right? How can it be secret when everyone knows about it
                sigpic

Comment

Same thing goes for star labs..

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    I don't watch a show of this type for romantic content, of ANY flavor. I'm not a shipper. More like an anti-shipper. Why do you think orientation has anything to do with it?
                    Now that I've read through every episode thread, I have seen you're an equal opportunity whiner when it comes to possibly-romantic moments.

Nevertheless, Alex is my new LGBTQ superhero.

Most of you have the luxury of never having to come out as straight persons, but as a gay person I know damn well how hard it is, and to see it represented in a tv-show is quite the milestone. And Alex's coming out is going rather well (not everyone is even that lucky).
                    Reminds me when I came out to my sister -- pretty much how it went, minus the object of affection or getting friend-zoned.

That was hard -- Alex comes to terms, comes out to Kara, and then has her heart ripped to shreds. Not cool.

Aside from that -- CLIMATE CHANGE IS BACK!!! For a brief moment anyway.

So, Kara is up against an alien who likes to drain people dry and use their power to grow into a Purple People Killer (TM Winn). It goes bad twice for her and once for J'onn (really bad for him), and on third try she gets it right. Too much power provides an overload and kills the beast-once-man.

I think Mon-El coming round is that he maybe doesn't want to disappoint Kara, and I suspect he has ulterior motives for that, but I think he's still trying to find his place. After all, he's been adrift for a while and he used to be guard on Daxam... and Daxamites aren't well-mannered (if Kara's description is anything to go by). He's not yet superhero material but he could be.

Another highlight, besides Alex coming out, Kara drunk.

Continuity error: scene in the bar between Mon-El and Kara, there's a glass on the edge of the table, next to Chris Wood (Mon-El) which appears and disappears between the camera going from Chris to Melissa. It's flipping magic how it appears and disappears -- I don't get how the editor missed it.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't mind ships, as long as they are done well. Alex/Maggie ship isn't done well in my opinion. To add to it, Maggie is simply the Girlfriend, she has no agency of her own. Her sole purpose is to be Alex's love interest, that was the problem with Jimmy and part of the reason why that ship didn't work well either.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Maggie works for the X-Files department of National City's police department. Last I checked anyway.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm not a shipper, but there are some relationships that I don't mind, and I think whether or not a relationship is done well is pretty much a matter of opinion (I'm not saying that anyone here said otherwise). I didn't mind Kara/James, they weren't too in your face/focused on too much. I never saw James as solely a love interest character and I never really found him annoying either. As of right now, I don't mind Alex/Maggie or Kara/Mon-El. So far, none of the relationships on this show have bothered me, not like Oliver/Felicity on Arrow did anyway (their relationship annoyed me so much, that I actually quit watching Arrow during season 4, and only picked it back up this season when I heard/read that it wasn't being focused on like it was).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            I'm not a shipper, but there are some relationships that I don't mind, and I think whether or not a relationship is done well is pretty much a matter of opinion (I'm not saying that anyone here said otherwise). I didn't mind Kara/James, they weren't too in your face/focused on too much. I never saw James as solely a love interest character and I never really found him annoying either. As of right now, I don't mind Alex/Maggie or Kara/Mon-El. So far, none of the relationships on this show have bothered me, not like Oliver/Felicity on Arrow did anyway (their relationship annoyed me so much, that I actually quit watching Arrow during season 4, and only picked it back up this season when I heard/read that it wasn't being focused on like it was).

That's one way to put it
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

That's one way to put it
                              My hope is that their relationship stays the way it is now, I like both characters better that way, it probably won't though lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X