• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing (206)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    CHANGING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206
    An alien parasite is uncovered in the Arctic ice and infects a climate scientist, who feeds on Supergirl's powers -- pressing James to seize his own heroic destiny. Meanwhile Alex decides to share her secret with Kara, and Mon-El takes up a less than desirable new career.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2016, 09:01 PM.

Ok, this jumped right out at me.
    Guardian makes his debut, and then rides off on his motorcycle...

And the motorcycle sounds like a weedeater. WTF?

Comment

That did get me, but i loved the suit...
      Also liked seeing Kara and sis bond somewhat on her coming out..

Though once again they kind of rather hammed the 'climate crisis' liberal mantra down our throats..

Comment

If we were fussy about not watching TV / movies that pushed a left leaning agenda, we wouldn't have much to watch.

And spending so much screen time with Kara's sister "coming out" and trying to date & getting shot down was totally inappropriate.
        I don't watch a show like this for that kind of content. And I don't mean the gay aspect. If I wanted to watch romantic BS I would DVR a few daytime soap operas.

Comment

There's a diff with watching a documentary, news show or the like pushing a leftists propaganda, vs an ENTERTAINMENT show doing so...

I also agree on the spending too much time on the romance..

BUT one thing. is it me or does kara either not CARE to use her other powers (such as her eye beam) or is it she's SCARED to use them?
          I ask, cause isn't it the height of stupidity to go into hand to hand combat with something again AFTER you already did so and got your ass drained???

Comment

Kara has shown a taste for raw physical violence. "I want to punch something" might be her motto. Might have been just her own personality driving her to a direct physical attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              And spending so much screen time with Kara's sister "coming out" and trying to date & getting shot down was totally inappropriate.
              I don't watch a show like this for that kind of content. And I don't mean the gay aspect. If I wanted to watch romantic BS I would DVR a few daytime soap operas.
              So, I assume, not having read any of the other episode threads (yet), that you also had a problem with Win pining after Kara, Kara pining after James, Kara getting her heart crushed when Lucy Lane and James get back together, Lucy and James relationship going up and down, Win and Smyth getting it on in the supply closet... Mike and the secretary... The chemistry between Maxwell Lord and Alex.

I mean, plenty of romantic/sexually laden stuff going on in Supergirl.

Or is it just Alex' love life or lack thereof that bothers you?

RE: climate change
              I'm even surprised either of you is watching this show since climate change is such a heavy subject all throughout season 1 and a little in season 2.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Decided to stop watching Supergirl.
                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                  Decided to stop watching Supergirl.
                  Any particular reason?

I only just started watching, like last week. Bingewatched through season 1 and ended with this episode just yesterday. AND I LOVE IT!!

Comment

This episode was ok. James going to the DEO and getting angry at Winn was annoying to watch. Kara going off on Mon-El was also annoying. And I hated the fact they just let that surviving doctor/scientist leave the DEO without first finding out what happened to the rest of his team. I don't care if he wanted to leave because of his important work, they should have locked him up if he didn't want to cooperate. James and Winn working together towards the end was probably the best part of the episode for me. I really hope that Kara doesn't pitch a fit when she finds out what's going on. I felt bad for Alex when Maggie friend-zoned her. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cadmus has planned for Mon-El.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      . And I hated the fact they just let that surviving doctor/scientist leave the DEO without first finding out what happened to the rest of his team. .
                      Not just that, but the fact the DEO is supposed to be a 'SECRET' government group, and they had this guy in their inner sanctum, and just let him watlz out..?!?!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        So, I assume, not having read any of the other episode threads (yet), that you also had a problem with Win pining after Kara, Kara pining after James, Kara getting her heart crushed when Lucy Lane and James get back together, Lucy and James relationship going up and down, Win and Smyth getting it on in the supply closet... Mike and the secretary... The chemistry between Maxwell Lord and Alex.

I mean, plenty of romantic/sexually laden stuff going on in Supergirl.

Or is it just Alex' love life or lack thereof that bothers you?

RE: climate change
                        I'm even surprised either of you is watching this show since climate change is such a heavy subject all throughout season 1 and a little in season 2.
                        As I recall, they didn't spend damned near half the episode on Winn's desires, Kara's desires or anyone else's.
                        This week had a significant percentage of the 43 or so minutes focused on Alex and whoever that was.. Sorry, forget her name. As I said, if I want a show that focuses on that, I'd DVR soaps.

Comment

Ah the old fans not knowing what soap opera is cliché. Some things never get old.

Now lets get those perfect characters who are just robots
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh, we've already had a show about that. They were called Cylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              As I recall, they didn't spend damned near half the episode on Winn's desires, Kara's desires or anyone else's.
                              This week had a significant percentage of the 43 or so minutes focused on Alex and whoever that was.. Sorry, forget her name. As I said, if I want a show that focuses on that, I'd DVR soaps.
                              LOL!! I love your excuse -- I wonder what sort of excuse I can make to protest all those straight lovey-dovey stuff that's always going on in all my shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X