Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing (206)

Post Changing (206)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    CHANGING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206
    An alien parasite is uncovered in the Arctic ice and infects a climate scientist, who feeds on Supergirl's powers -- pressing James to seize his own heroic destiny. Meanwhile Alex decides to share her secret with Kara, and Mon-El takes up a less than desirable new career.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; November 23rd, 2016 at 09:01 PM.

Default Re: Changing (206)

Ok, this jumped right out at me.
    Guardian makes his debut, and then rides off on his motorcycle...

And the motorcycle sounds like a weedeater. WTF?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Major General

That did get me, but i loved the suit...
    Also liked seeing Kara and sis bond somewhat on her coming out..

Though once again they kind of rather hammed the 'climate crisis' liberal mantra down our throats..

If we were fussy about not watching TV / movies that pushed a left leaning agenda, we wouldn't have much to watch.

And spending so much screen time with Kara's sister "coming out" and trying to date & getting shot down was totally inappropriate.
    I don't watch a show like this for that kind of content. And I don't mean the gay aspect. If I wanted to watch romantic BS I would DVR a few daytime soap operas.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Major General

There's a diff with watching a documentary, news show or the like pushing a leftists propaganda, vs an ENTERTAINMENT show doing so...

I also agree on the spending too much time on the romance..

BUT one thing. is it me or does kara either not CARE to use her other powers (such as her eye beam) or is it she's SCARED to use them?
    I ask, cause isn't it the height of stupidity to go into hand to hand combat with something again AFTER you already did so and got your ass drained???

Kara has shown a taste for raw physical violence. "I want to punch something" might be her motto. Might have been just her own personality driving her to a direct physical attack.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    And spending so much screen time with Kara's sister "coming out" and trying to date & getting shot down was totally inappropriate.
    I don't watch a show like this for that kind of content. And I don't mean the gay aspect. If I wanted to watch romantic BS I would DVR a few daytime soap operas.
    So, I assume, not having read any of the other episode threads (yet), that you also had a problem with Win pining after Kara, Kara pining after James, Kara getting her heart crushed when Lucy Lane and James get back together, Lucy and James relationship going up and down, Win and Smyth getting it on in the supply closet... Mike and the secretary... The chemistry between Maxwell Lord and Alex.

I mean, plenty of romantic/sexually laden stuff going on in Supergirl.

Or is it just Alex' love life or lack thereof that bothers you?

RE: climate change
    I'm even surprised either of you is watching this show since climate change is such a heavy subject all throughout season 1 and a little in season 2.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Decided to stop watching Supergirl.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Quote Originally Posted by pscard View Post
    Decided to stop watching Supergirl.
    Any particular reason?

I only just started watching, like last week. Bingewatched through season 1 and ended with this episode just yesterday. AND I LOVE IT!!

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

This episode was ok. James going to the DEO and getting angry at Winn was annoying to watch. Kara going off on Mon-El was also annoying. And I hated the fact they just let that surviving doctor/scientist leave the DEO without first finding out what happened to the rest of his team. I don't care if he wanted to leave because of his important work, they should have locked him up if he didn't want to cooperate. James and Winn working together towards the end was probably the best part of the episode for me. I really hope that Kara doesn't pitch a fit when she finds out what's going on. I felt bad for Alex when Maggie friend-zoned her. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cadmus has planned for Mon-El.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    . And I hated the fact they just let that surviving doctor/scientist leave the DEO without first finding out what happened to the rest of his team. .
    Not just that, but the fact the DEO is supposed to be a 'SECRET' government group, and they had this guy in their inner sanctum, and just let him watlz out..?!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    So, I assume, not having read any of the other episode threads (yet), that you also had a problem with Win pining after Kara, Kara pining after James, Kara getting her heart crushed when Lucy Lane and James get back together, Lucy and James relationship going up and down, Win and Smyth getting it on in the supply closet... Mike and the secretary... The chemistry between Maxwell Lord and Alex.

I'm even surprised either of you is watching this show since climate change is such a heavy subject all throughout season 1 and a little in season 2.
    As I recall, they didn't spend damned near half the episode on Winn's desires, Kara's desires or anyone else's.
    This week had a significant percentage of the 43 or so minutes focused on Alex and whoever that was.. Sorry, forget her name. As I said, if I want a show that focuses on that, I'd DVR soaps.

Ah the old fans not knowing what soap opera is cliché. Some things never get old.

Now lets get those perfect characters who are just robots
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Oh, we've already had a show about that. They were called Cylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    As I recall, they didn't spend damned near half the episode on Winn's desires, Kara's desires or anyone else's.
    This week had a significant percentage of the 43 or so minutes focused on Alex and whoever that was.. Sorry, forget her name. As I said, if I want a show that focuses on that, I'd DVR soaps.
    LOL!! I love your excuse -- I wonder what sort of excuse I can make to protest all those straight lovey-dovey stuff that's always going on in all my shows.

Gay, straight or bent into a pretzel, that's not the issue.

I don't watch a show of this type for romantic content, of ANY flavor. I'm not a shipper. More like an anti-shipper. Why do you think orientation has anything to do with it?

So I don't know what you mean by needing an excuse to say you don't like it.

I was a bit annoyed but not surprised about the love triangle. One of the things I loved about Arrow is that they dropped the will they wont they angle and then they gave you a massive (if possibly un-Comic book cannon) twist by matching Oliver with Felicity. The Winn/Jimmy/Kara thing was too cliche for me, but I wasn't surprised given the channel involved at the time.

As for Alex, I would have preferred a bisexual approach with her. It just seemed off to me. We've never really got that much into Alex's life absent Kara. It really took me out of Supergirl. And there was a missed opportunity with Kara not being raised on Earth for the first 12 years. It bugged me that the show didn't give us cultural take on the whole coming out thing (further taking me out of the Supergirl feel). Kara is an alien from an alien culture. Is it normal for them? Is it shunned (Considering how uptight they seem to be)? Does it even work that way? I mean, they do have prejudices in Krypton with the whole Daxumites being icky thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Ah the old fans not knowing what soap opera is cliché. Some things never get old.

Now lets get those perfect characters who are just robots
    Love triangles have been overdone though. Remember Lana Lang from Smallville? *shudders*

I never watched Smallville
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Then you were spared the forced Lana Lang romance angle. They had 10 seasons. The first few, fine. Lana Lang was his highschool crush/love. But they kept her coming at Clark well into season 8...and Lois Lane was introduced in season 4! I mean, talk about beating an old horse. They beat it to a pulp until it was nothing but mushy organic pile of goo, took it to a taxidermy and beat it again until it was all smashed up into dust.

I hated the whole Kara/James thing. IMO there was no romantic chemistry there so I'm happy they nipped it in the bud this season.

But damn that was hard on Alex. I'm glad Kara was there for her in the end, it looked touch and go for a while. Also quite funny seeing Kara get drunk

But as for the DEO which I thought was supposed to be secret, there seems to be a lot of coming and going at their base of operatons