This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not possible - Spoilers for 'Shades of Grey'

Ok, so here I go again, pointing out yet another weird thing in an episode.
    In s3's 'Shades of Grey', we see that O'Neill infiltrates and turns in a whole bunch of NID bad guys. So when Jack finally reveals to the NID that he is a spy, and that they can either come back through the gate to earth or be killed by the Asgard, who were attacking the NID base at the time, the NID choose to come back to earth, and are aprehended one by one as they arrive. But here's the mistake: just seconds before the earth gate shuts down, Jack, who has been standing right next to the earth gate, puts his hand in an incoming wormhole and waves it around, removing it only a moment before the gate shuts down. I don't know why he did this, but perhaps it was something that he added off the top of his head. But according to all we know about wormhole physics, shouldn't Jack's hand have been vaporized as it entered the incoming wormhole, or was this just a random accident that everyone overlooked during production?
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Well, we've seen it done many times since then - Kawalsky when he is compromised by a Goa'uld in "The Enemy Within".. and more recently Replicarter in Gemini. I think it's still possible to get out but if your entire body (or object) enters the wormhole from the wrong direction completely .. you cease to exist.

Comment

I think he never let his hand come out of the gate. So he started going out but stopped so his hand wouldnt come out.

Comment

he was holding it open so it wouldnt shut down and let them dial out, when he came through he just kept his arm out behind him so it didnt rematerialize in the first place. plus the gate has safety features so that it doesnt disintegrate and object until it enters into the event horizon completely

Comment

Working...
        X