future tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

future tech

Given everything we know from the Asgard and the Ancients, and the events from Common Descent and Epilogue where would you see Earth's technology 2000 years from now? We should at least have flying cars, and hover boards by then, yeah? Plus self-drying clothes, you know all the cool stuff from Back to the Future?

There'll be police going around on Lawmasters, three sea shells instead of toilet paper, cars that fill with foam when they're about to crash and Johnny Cabs to take you places.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zelenka View Post
      There'll be police going around on Lawmasters, three sea shells instead of toilet paper, cars that fill with foam when they're about to crash and Johnny Cabs to take you places.
      Funny, very Funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zelenka View Post
        *takes Dr Z out for dinner, at Taco Bell*
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I was asking a serious question. Given what we know from the Asgard core and the database of the Ancients on Atlantis and the amount of time the alternate Destiny crew were sent back for, we should be far more advanced than those people were, right?

Comment

2000 years after getting the sum knowledge of the asgard, and close to ascended ancients via Atlantis, I would think we wouldn't be worrying that much about technology, more ascending to be with the ancients.
            sigpic

Comment

Well considering that the people from Destiny had to build everything by hand, since they had nothing but the clothes on their backs, and we on Earth had a thriving civilization with industry and the like we should be building our own flying city ships. Better finding desert worlds and building our own Atlantis on it, like the Asurans did.

Comment

Why bother, just ascend.
                sigpic

Comment

i don't think very many people would like ascension given all the crazy rules they have.

Comment

The Asgard got their gray, little hands on the Ancient database at some point in the last 10,000 years and they still weren't able to understand and replicate everything in it. Granted, they could've had it for much less than 2,000 years, but they're also much more intelligent than humans. Unless humans artificially evolve themselves, they have a long way to go before can mentally make sense of a lot of what is in there.

The same goes for ascension. It took the Ancients 50+ million years for some of them to be advanced enough to evolve beyond their physical forms. At 10,000 years ago they still needed to find a way to artificially evolve some portion of their population if they had any hope of getting there. So humans have a ways to go yet. There might be the odd anomaly, though, particularly given the trace amounts of Ancient genes in their population. We saw one person from the Pegasus galaxy, for example, who was already advanced enough to start having powers (he could see the future).

Comment

Working...
                    X