This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The extraordinarily vacuous minds of a tv executive

We all know the absurdity of the cancellation of the superb TV SciFi series FIREFLY. We ruminate over its virtues trying to discern the logic of those who hold the cash box who determine the fate of various shows that come to us from Wonderland...wonderland because we wonder what the heck is going on.

But lets not focus just on the one outstanding series that was given the boot prematurely. There have been many productions over the years we have considered terminated well before their time while others meander along without much substance indefinitely...or am I being a little too parochial here.

But I introduce this site for discussion about shows that died a premature death owing to individuals who have as much awareness of quality as a pigeon pecking at a cockroach dropping.

My contribution is the one season series

FOREVER (2015)

This little gem staring Ioan Gruffudd had the makings of a successful long term series. Top actor in the prime spot, a clever concept, a series not requiring heavy special effects therefore cheaper, and some good story lines and back stories. It had a good audience so what went wrong. Dirt bags obviously didnt appreciate well produced series that had an intelligent structure. Bring back the comic books.

TV executives don't care about quality, they care about money, and ratings.

If it's crap, but it scores well, they'll keep it. If it's good and performs bad, it's canned. Which is why there are so many reality series (easy to make, cheap)

Comment

Isn't quality all about your own perception and tastes?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I would like to add
        The Tomorrow People (2015) to that list.

Comment

Winner and still champion: The original "Battlestar Galactica" (1978-79).

Groundbreaking TV show for its day, drew quite respectable ratings, too. But was expensive to produce, so ABC deliberately killed it.

Comment

It was advertised so well, I've never even heard of it.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
            X