Anubis Star Wars Parallels explained - SG-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis Star Wars Parallels explained - SG-1

When Anubis probed the mind of Jonas Quinn, he got the Star Wars into his database. The super soldiers from the Clone Wars, but with energy weapons dampening properties (Evolution). The probe used in the dual episode "Heroes." The Ori(gin) had to tap into a specific energy field following a pious life, aka the force (The Fourth Horseman). Starting over with this galaxy (Reckoning) could have given Anubis the strength to get the Ancients to back off (Ark of Truth). Revenge of the Sith with an Ori twist. And I think it was an inside joke to let aliens think Star Wars was based on reality as Teal'c used in the reference of a virgin birth Darth Vader (The Crusade).

Star Wars doesn't have super-soldiers. It has clone soldiers (prequel era) and conscripts/volunteers (OT era).

The Ori drain 'life energy' from worshippers, not people living pious lives. Force-worship is vanishingly rare in Star Wars.

The Force exists and is accessible whether you're leading a pious life or not.

Galactic conquest was not an idea pioneered by Star Wars.

Nobody conquered the galaxy in Episode III, the Empire simply replaced the already-extant galaxy-wide Republic.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I enjoyed thinking about this for a hot minute haha, bit of a stretch though imo, certian themes will always have similar aspects in a show like SG1 but im not sure I see all those "connections"

Comment

Originally posted by Vikingcarl View Post
        I enjoyed thinking about this for a hot minute haha, bit of a stretch though imo, certian themes will always have similar aspects in a show like SG1 but im not sure I see all those "connections"
        There were some obvious parallels (the way Anubis' super weapon was destroyed was a big nod to Stargate). But it wasn't a direct ripoff or anything.

Of course i was very happy that Star Wars basically copied Stargate in The Force Awakens.

Comment

Well, the company with the mouse is known to be copycat. XD

To the OP: There are parallel's but those are not the ones you mentioned.

To mention one I noticed straight away: The cowl and the dark robe Anubis wears bears a lot of resemblance to what Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious wears in SW.
          sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            There were some obvious parallels (the way Anubis' super weapon was destroyed was a big nod to Stargate). But it wasn't a direct ripoff or anything.

Of course i was very happy that Star Wars basically copied Stargate in The Force Awakens.
            I agree, sort of my point though in that, certian sfi fi things are going to relate or be a "nod" to other shows but it depends on the level it rises too, is Anubis kind of emperor like sure, is it a copy? I dont think so, neither is a soldier in armor and helmet or an energy , blaster type weapon. Bust out a lightsaber on the otherhand and your in solid copy territory.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              What? Force Awakens was nearly a beat-for-beat remake of the original Star Wars film. (Which itself was of course significantly borrowed from The Hidden Fortress)
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post

To mention one I noticed straight away: The cowl and the dark robe Anubis wears bears a lot of resemblance to what Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious wears in SW.
                He's also the God of the Afterlife. Basically the Egyptian Death/Grim Reaper/Hades etc.. They're often depicted as wearing black cloaks or robes. So not necessarily a ripoff of Star Wars. More a nod to the original mythologies the character represents.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  What? Force Awakens was nearly a beat-for-beat remake of the original Star Wars film. (Which itself was of course significantly borrowed from The Hidden Fortress)
                  Using hyperspace to bypass an otherwise unpassable shield?

Comment

Working...
                  X