• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survivors (204)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    SURVIVORS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204
    Supergirl and Alex find themselves in the middle of an alien fight club run by a powerful criminal who goes by the name Roulette, and are shocked to discover who her champion is. Meanwhile Kara has trouble trusting the Daxamite Mon-El.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 November 2016, 11:08 PM.

Not a bad ep. Loved the slight bonding between Winn and the Daximite.. And also liked the bonding between Alex and that cop who it looks like she MIGHT be getting sweet on..

Also loved roulette... Though those fights were rather poorly done imo

And the big reveal at the end
    Spoiler:
    of that gal martian, NOT being a green one but secretly a white one

WOOOWWAA..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Not a bad ep. Loved the slight bonding between Winn and the Daximite.. And also liked the bonding between Alex and that cop who it looks like she MIGHT be getting sweet on..

Also loved roulette... Though those fights were rather poorly done imo

And the big reveal at the end
      Spoiler:
      of that gal martian, NOT being a green one but secretly a white one

WOOOWWAA..
      I wonder if some of her story was true though, was she the guard that disobeyed orders to help a green martian, is she feeling guilty about everything

Comment

Who knows. BUT if so, why then did she shift first to the 'green martian' form, THEN to the white martian and looked like she was grinning???

Also, maybe THAT is why she didn't want to bond/mind meld with John...

Comment

And also liked the bonding between Alex and that cop who it looks like she MIGHT be getting sweet on..
          The writers are about as subtle as a brick in the last two episodes when it comes to those two.

They are checking off all the boxes on this one.
          sigpic

Comment

Yup. Now all we need is a transexual..

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              The writers are about as subtle as a brick in the last two episodes when it comes to those two.

They are checking off all the boxes on this one.
              Yup. Now all we need is a transexual..
              Am I the only one annoyed that they made Maggie Sawyer Latina when there is a perfectly cool and awesome Hispanic detective who is also a lesbian in the DC universe, Renee Montoya? She also becomes the new Question. I mean...come on people! I'm also not buying the whole "Alex is a lesbian" thing. Unless they are going for bisexual. But it's my experience that TV almost never recognizes a bisexual as bisexual and just runs them as lesbian after they "jump ship" effectively making them a lesbian retcon.

That said, this episode was the best one by far, they even snuck in a moral without being overly preachy.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                Am I the only one annoyed that they made Maggie Sawyer Latina when there is a perfectly cool and awesome Hispanic detective who is also a lesbian in the DC universe, Renee Montoya? She also becomes the new Question. I mean...come on people! I'm also not buying the whole "Alex is a lesbian" thing. Unless they are going for bisexual. But it's my experience that TV almost never recognizes a bisexual as bisexual and just runs them as lesbian after they "jump ship" effectively making them a lesbian retcon.

That said, this episode was the best one by far, they even snuck in a moral without being overly preachy.
                I only watched a few episodes of Gotham, but I'm pretty sure Renee was on there. Even though Gotham isn't in the same continuity as the CW shows, DC has been picky about having the same character in different shows/movies at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                  I only watched a few episodes of Gotham, but I'm pretty sure Renee was on there. Even though Gotham isn't in the same continuity as the CW shows, DC has been picky about having the same character in different shows/movies at the same time.

That would answer the question then. But dang...I would have preferred to have Renee Montoya on Supergirl >.> At least we have Miss Martian.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

An alien fight club -- well, I guess it was only a matter of time. Led by a woman, an ambitious woman with an insanely awesome snake tattoo. Dichen Lachman at her finest.

So, Mon-El of Daxam is grounded to the DEO and being tested. Winn's really disappointed in his capabilities. Their bro-mance is hilarious though. And Mon-El knows how to play Winn to get him out of the DEO. Sneaky.

Which brings me to Kara's threat to pout if J'onn doesn't reveal what's up with him. I wonder how many times the Danvers sisters used that to conspire together to get something done.

Alex teaming up with Maggie is cool, even if she kinda should remember she works for the DEO first, and that she shouldn't go off on a half-assed mission. They did loose that spikey alien.

LOL at that moment where Maggie and Alex are talking back and forth about he dead alien in the trunk, and Kara's standing there like the third wheel.

So, an alien fight club which draws in the elite crowd, and M'gann happens to be a fighter in this club, as Miss Martian. Which goes down really well with J'onn when Alex tells him.
                    She gives up Veronica's name but sets him up as she allows him to be captured. What gives, M'gann?

They have to fight each other, to the death, which J'onn is not planning on doing, and neither is Miss Martian. Veronica figured as much and releases the brute which Kara learned how to hurt, thanks to Mon-El.
                    All ends well, that is well -- except that Veronica has the right friends in the right places at the right time so they have to cut her loose.

And then that freakin' reveal that M'gann is not actually a green Martian but a white one... WHA?!?
                    She told that story of the white Martian breaking rank at the beginning -- is she that Martian cause that could mean she's not that bad. I understand why she would keep that from J'onn cause that wouldn't go down well, but come on... Even with the things she has done as a white Martian, she must be on a path to redemption, right -- even if there's no redemption possible (personal opinion, not for the likes of massmurderers).

Also, is Alex falling hook, line and sinker for Maggie?
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                    X