Military code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military code

In the pilot when the Hammond arrived at the Icarus planet Lt. Scott and James were getting it on. I thought military code prohibited fraternization between fellow officers? Yet here is a Lt. bonking a subordinate officer on the base. If it hadn't been for the Lucian Alliance showing up they would've both likely have been court martialed.

I think that's primarily within the same chain of command. Obviously once they got to the Destiny they were, but James didn't necessarily report to Scott on Icarus.

Comment

Lots of things happen in the military that shouldn't happen according to regulations but they happen, everyone knows they happen and as long as it doesn't interfere with military operations or endanger lives it is often ignored.

Comment

As soemone who is mil, that IS very true, and you don't have to be in the same chain of command, just on the same base.. like say for a carrier, if one is ship's company, and the other is part of the air wing, they are not in the same chain, but fraternization is a no no.. BUT it does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
          In the pilot when the Hammond arrived at the Icarus planet Lt. Scott and James were getting it on. I thought military code prohibited fraternization between fellow officers? Yet here is a Lt. bonking a subordinate officer on the base. If it hadn't been for the Lucian Alliance showing up they would've both likely have been court martialed.
          Ya, its a real problem, some of the policies dont help either, basically, at least when i was in the army, its only bad if it looks bad, it can be really subjective, and unless its called into question by someone higher up they usually get away with it, so in that sense the episodes probably fairly accurate. If its a different chain of command or persons with no relative athourity over one another (over the female of lower rank basically) then no one really cares.

Comment

Working...
          X