Lucian Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucian Alliance

I know that the Telford was brainwashed by the alliance to give up the location of the Icarus base, but what I don't know is why they felt the need to attack/seize the base. Nor the reason why they thought it was so important. To my recollection even we didn't fully realize the significance of the 9th chevron until the moment they arrived on the Destiny. Perhaps I'm wrong since I've only the pilot like twice.

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
    I know that the Telford was brainwashed by the alliance to give up the location of the Icarus base, but what I don't know is why they felt the need to attack/seize the base. Nor the reason why they thought it was so important. To my recollection even we didn't fully realize the significance of the 9th chevron until the moment they arrived on the Destiny. Perhaps I'm wrong since I've only the pilot like twice.
    I think it was in season 2 that they stated that throughout the Milky Way, stories of the 9th chevron exist. It was basically known to be a valuable thing, nobody knew what it was though.

Considering the last times we went on a treasure hunt, we found a superweapon, another superweapon, a third superweapon and Atlantis, it doesn't take much time to figure out that wherever Earth is digging is worth investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      I think it was in season 2 that they stated that throughout the Milky Way, stories of the 9th chevron exist. It was basically known to be a valuable thing, nobody knew what it was though.

Considering the last times we went on a treasure hunt, we found a superweapon, another superweapon, a third superweapon and Atlantis, it doesn't take much time to figure out that wherever Earth is digging is worth investigation.
      You left out the fact that we were, for all intents and purposes, at war with the alliance. Since we were intercepting their shipments of "evil orville redenbacher."

Comment

the mission of Destiny kind of become a moot point after the ancients ascended, since as a being of pure energy they could more or less go where ever in the universe they wanted to. As evidenced by the presence of Ganos Lol on the plains of celestis, healing Teal'c's injury, showing Vala the combination on the ark, etc.

Comment

I disagree. We have seen several times now an ancient in glowy squid form have to use the gate to transport somewhere, just in the same galaxy.. So going across galaxies? IMO she hitched a ride on the oddessy when it went through the super gate.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I disagree. We have seen several times now an ancient in glowy squid form have to use the gate to transport somewhere, just in the same galaxy.. So going across galaxies? IMO she hitched a ride on the oddessy when it went through the super gate.
            You're welcome to your opinion of course, but consider this.... Daniel came to the sgc twice that we know of. Once to check on Teal'c after he was ambushed and had his symbiote taken, then again to Jack they had to find the eye of Ra. Neither time did the gate activate. Also remember when General O'Neill said "why does he need to leave through the stargate?" Referring to Anubis, to which Daniel then said "if he uses any of ascended powers he would draw to attention of the others." Using the gates as an ascended being was probably just a matter of convenience.

Comment

You're welcome to your opinion of course, but consider this.... Daniel came to the sgc twice that we know of. Once to check on Teal'c after he was ambushed and had his symbiote taken, then again to Jack they had to find the eye of Ra. Neither time did the gate activate. Also remember when General O'Neill said "why does he need to leave through the stargate?" Referring to Anubis, to which Daniel then said "if he uses any of ascended powers he would draw to attention of the others." Using the gates as an ascended being was probably just a matter of convenience.

Comment

Keep in mind that Daniel just as well could've used the stargate to come to Earth. Ascended aren't visible unless they want to be or are about to directly intervene.

Destiny's mission may be moot, maybe not. I don't think it matters as figuring out Ascension has way more benefits than some early signal, especially since any early life would've ascended anyway.

Comment

Keep in mind that Daniel just as well could've used the stargate to come to Earth. Ascended aren't visible unless they want to be or are about to directly intervene.

Destiny's mission may be moot, maybe not. I don't think it matters as figuring out Ascension has way more benefits than some early signal, especially since any early life would've ascended anyway.
                  If whatever creature/being at the center of the universe that created the signal had ascended don't mean that the ancients would know anything about it. The Ori weren't aware of the ascended ancients in the MW galaxy until Daniel and Vala made contact via the communication stones. As Daniel told Jack when he was a prisoner of Ba'al, "being ascended don't make you all-knowing. It just allows you to have a greater understanding of things."

Comment

There's another thing to consider also. We know from Atlantis that the ancients had 2 different types of hyperdrive engines. The slower interstellar ones like on Aurora, then the faster intergalactic variety. So since Rush was finally in full command of Destiny, and given time and the best techs and engineers on Earth they could upgrade Destiny's engines to the Intergalactic ones and finish it's mission that much faster.

Comment

But that's the thing.. Destiny doesn't have a hyperdrive engine. Just FTL drives.

Comment

But that's the thing.. Destiny doesn't have a hyperdrive engine. Just FTL drives.
                        Well given our level of knowledge in Ancient tech, and the possibility of a working Icarus planet/gate on Langaria we could "whip one up" don'tcha think?

Comment

We might be able to whip one up, but i don't think it would survive the gate travel.. Heck some of those who went there got pretty banged up, didn't they..

Comment

We might be able to whip one up, but i don't think it would survive the gate travel.. Heck some of those who went there got pretty banged up, didn't they..
                            i believe that the SGC still had the time machine in it's possesion, they could just load that up with the supplies needed to build a hyperdrive engine and fly it through the gate. That way the stuff wouldn't turn ballistic and such.

Comment

I am not sure they do still have it.. IIRC it was left behind in mobeus, and since that split an alternate time line off, am not sure it was recovered.

Comment

Working...
                              X