Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Day Will Come When You Won't Be (701)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Day Will Come When You Won't Be (701)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON SEVEN
    THE DAY WILL COME WHEN YOU WON'T BE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 701
    Rick and his family are helpless under the boot of Negan and his army, as the sadistic killer takes the life of one of their own -- and then tries to break Rick's will permanently.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 October 2016, 09:54 AM.

Jesus.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Right?
      Some of the most brutal things i've ever seen on tv.... F##k
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

We all knew this one was going to be awful, but that was almost too much. That part of the comic made me so upset I knew once Abraham went down and Glenn was next I had to cover both eyes and ears. I actually left the room during the Carl scene. Poor Daryl, he's going to snap with guilt. I'm just glad it's over.

Comment

I was always under the impression just one met Lucile (I don't read the books) so was more relieved than sad when Abraham got it, but as soon as Daryl lept up and punched Negan I realised that was how they were going to tie it back into the comics and address the inconsistenties of the last few episodes of last season.

I guess they felt that if they saved Glenn they'd be moving too far away from the source material, kudos to the team for actually killing off one of their most popular characters (not many shows would do that) but to quote Negan "Dam!". The foreshadowing explains why they filmed everybodys execution as well, it wasn't so much a ruse but part of Rick's storyline.

The show won't be the same without those two.

Comment

My faith in TWD had strayed, Negan has snapped me right back...

Comment

I'd read some spoilers beforehand regarding who would die because I thought the show was going to play it safe and kill Aaron. I didn't really believe the (accurate) spoilers I'd read because I didn't think that they would actually kill Glenn, even though I knew that was how he died in the comics (i haven't read the comics, but I've read a bit about them). Negan was really horrible and intimidating. It was great. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season now.
              sigpic

Comment

I managed to avoid all spoilers, although now I wouldn't mind seeing the leaked footage now.

Comment

Id read speculation, but managed to avoid all spoilers. The two chosen make perfect sense though

Comment

Whipped this up this morning
                    Attached Files
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I knew Glenn was getting it (books/spoilers), and I agree with those that commend the show's producers/writers/directors for staying close to the source material and actually killing off a main character in that way.

I re-viewed the previous episodes, where Abraham was talking about wanting to settle down and have children, and that right there should have been a dead give-away to us that he was going to meet a bad end. Soon.

I view the Carl/arm scene also as a bit of a nod towards the original content, but with a different character losing their arm.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

After everything that had happened up to that point, I 100% thought they were going to go through with hacking off Carl's arm.

Comment

Having avoided spoilers heading in -- though knowing about Glenn's fate in the comics, and how pivotal a moment it is regarded as -- I had pegged Glenn at 55%, Abraham at 40%, and Daryl at 5% being the one at the receiving end of Lucille. So I was a bit shocked that there was a second death ... but, given my guessed odds, I suppose I shouldn't have been!

This was hard to watch. It was that final, 15-minute scene from last season now tortuously extended to another 67 minutes. I wasn't just being kept in suspense ... I think that I actively disliked viewing this episode. I get why it's here, for story purposes: it takes <em>a lot</em> to knock down Rick and the others after six seasons, and to establish Negan as a legit alpha dog who they won't just plot to kill the next moment they see him. I see that this takes time, and is important for setting up the season and the new dynamic.

But I found the whole experience revolting as a viewer of television. Hopefully we're back into some plot next week. Because if we're in for an entire season of <em>this</em> ... honestly, I may be done.

~Darren

Comment

I don't think we can expect much to be as intense as last night. Last night was a tone-setter: the car accident where you lose a family member, the day you lose a friend to cancer--it's horrific and it defines you from that point forward, even if you never have another day like it again.

Well, except for maybe one horrible thing we've yet to see. But even that is nothing compared to what we've just seen. (Hint for comic readers: Dwight)

Comment

That was unexpected, not quite the deaths itself but the goriness. Jesus. Glenn with the Eye popping out was the worst. I wonder how long Rick will need to recover from this, I certainly feel sorry for his Actor. Cant be easy to play mentally disturbed.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
                              X