No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww, that's lovely. Thank you muchly for the link and the translation, veneticuss.
    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Wow, THANKS to veneticuss! I wish I could understand Czech...
      Yes, Zelenka is *very* high on my personal...er...list. Together with Daniel and Rodney! (though, personally, I have more in common with Rodney...gad, I'm *hungry* now...)

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
      ~CELLO!~
      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

That picture on the site with the czech letter is quite cute, too. :-)

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
        it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
        It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
        And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

I guess that means that he doesn't die in The Siege and is in Season 2. *phew* That puts me slightly at ease. I still fear for Grodin and Bates though...

BYE
          "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Thanks for the translation, Veneticuss...
            What a very, very cool guy.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

There's link to Zelenka's Czech fansite with a lot of his pictures from all episodes.
              http://zelenka.sg1.cz/

Comment

Originally posted by plazec
                There's link to Zelenka's Czech fansite with a lot of his pictures from all episodes.
                http://zelenka.sg1.cz/
                The only problem is, that it is czech. And not many people here are speaking czech
                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                  The only problem is, that it is czech. And not many people here are speaking czech
                  Shall I try a machine translation (something like Babel Fish) or is Czech one of those languages (like German, actually...) that only makes you laugh at the translation?

~CELLO!~

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                    Shall I try a machine translation (something like Babel Fish) or is Czech one of those languages (like German, actually...) that only makes you laugh at the translation?
                    I have never used one of those but give it a try. If it doesn´t work than at least you have something to laugh about

Comment

Originally posted by honzix
                      I have never used one of those but give it a try. If it doesn´t work than at least you have something to laugh about
                      I don't know...I used a Babelfish translation as a kind of Christmas present for my students in translation class, so they would have something to laugh about....and that was just English to German. Maybe I'll just look at the nice pictures of Dr Zelenka instead!
                      (After all, thanks to veneticuss, this is also a thunk thread! )

~CELLO!~

Comment

There are some questions answered by Nykl right here: http://fanklub.sg1.cz/zf/zfs_view_qs.php?stat=3

Translation coming soon

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

So here we go:

1.How did you get to work in Atlantis, why a Czech?

Atlantis began for me last year in spring, when TPTB invited me to an audition for a small role (so called Day Player- day work) for a Russian doctor. I don’t remember anymore how that character was called. I got that role and later on at the lunch BD changed that name to Zelenka, because I’m a Czech and I do speak Czech (at least a little bit ) Agfter lunch we went shooting that scene from 38min. The director whispered me, that they I built up my role and that they liked me. So somehow like that we began. I just want to mention that I learned to speak and to write Czech here in Canada, so forgive my spelling.

2.Do you consult your Czech sentences with TBTP or do they just indicate what you have to say?

Those ones I make up myselves. The scenarist or the director tell me what they need and I just come up with something. They really trust me in that, though I still have to translate it to them.

3.Do you watch Czech hockey? With whom do you argue, whether it is better that the Canadian one?

Ha ha, I love hockey and I really regret, that Canucks aren’t playing this year. This question always persecute me – I just take it as a luck to live in the best hockey countries in the world. The Czechs are playing clever the Canadians more physically. Both is needed. This year I’ve seen Sparta vs. Kladno in Prague.

4.We all hope here that you one day will get a main role in an episode, how do you see it, do you think its possible you’ll get one?

I think, I hope…I suspect that we will live to see it.

There are more question coming soon. Just waiting till DN will will have time to answer them so qatch out
                          i really apreciate that BW changed the character to a czech guy

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                            So here we go:

1.How did you get to work in Atlantis, why a Czech?

Atlantis began for me last year in spring, when TPTB invited me to an audition for a small role (so called Day Player- day work) for a Russian doctor. I don’t remember anymore how that character was called. I got that role and later on at the lunch BD changed that name to Zelenka, because I’m a Czech and I do speak Czech (at least a little bit ) Agfter lunch we went shooting that scene from 38min. The director whispered me, that they I built up my role and that they liked me. So somehow like that we began. I just want to mention that I learned to speak and to write Czech here in Canada, so forgive my spelling.

2.Do you consult your Czech sentences with TBTP or do they just indicate what you have to say?

Those ones I make up myselves. The scenarist or the director tell me what they need and I just come up with something. They really trust me in that, though I still have to translate it to them.

3.Do you watch Czech hockey? With whom do you argue, whether it is better that the Canadian one?

Ha ha, I love hockey and I really regret, that Canucks aren’t playing this year. This question always persecute me – I just take it as a luck to live in the best hockey countries in the world. The Czechs are playing clever the Canadians more physically. Both is needed. This year I’ve seen Sparta vs. Kladno in Prague.

4.We all hope here that you one day will get a main role in an episode, how do you see it, do you think its possible you’ll get one?

I think, I hope…I suspect that we will live to see it.

There are more question coming soon. Just waiting till DN will will have time to answer them so qatch out
                            i really apreciate that BW changed the character to a czech guy
                            Thank you so much for translating and keeping us up to date -I think Zelenka is adorable!

~CELLO!~

Comment

I adore Zelenka (not as much as McKay but...still he's a geek) and surprised this thunk thread for him doesn't have more piccies.

So I'm posting one - from 38 minutes - that cute Zelenka smile.
                              I have more from the Storm too if anyone wants them put up here, just ask

Comment

Yes, yes, YES! I *love* that pic! *tries Oliver Twist mode* Please, I want to have some more!

~CELLO!~

Comment

Working...
                                X