No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the great translations. Sheppard gets some major competition from Dr Zelenka for me.

I'm looking forward to the last half of season one.
    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
    Individuality is freedom lived.
    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Here's a question: Think I could get away with posting the Czech version of Zelenka's speech in my sig, or would the translation be considered a spoiler for Rising?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Here's a question: Think I could get away with posting the Czech version of Zelenka's speech in my sig, or would the translation be considered a spoiler for Rising?
        Not really a spoiler, but it's awful large for a sig, isn't it?

Comment

lol great thread and the pair of them are great together!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            Not really a spoiler, but it's awful large for a sig, isn't it?
            Not if she does it like this:

"Na dne more mame "failsafe" mechanismus. Obrovskou silou vytrhl kotvu mesta ze dna oceanu. My jsme .. Zhrozili jsme .. jsme .. Zhrozili jsme se. Neuveritelny. Co se to deje, a ten hluk. Cele mesto se traslo jako pri zemetreseni. To bylo neco neuveritelnyho. A najednou se hneme.
            Cele mesto stoupalo, stoupalo nahoru, nahoru k hladine.
            To, to bylo neco neuveritelnyho. A veze prorazily hladinu a vyjeli jsme nahoru, nahoru. Vody, vlny vodopady. Vsechno tece z tech vejsek a vystrelili jsme nahoru uplne navrsek a najednou Slunce. Slunicko proste proudilo do vsech voken. Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu"

..I would think.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Zelenka's great Thanks for the translations. I was wondering if he actually said stuff in character or a bunch of silly nonsense that only people who spoke the language would laugh about.

What's that "actors" thing though? I guess he was being silly on that one?
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                On the bottom of the sea we have a failsafe mechanism. With a lot of power it ripped off the town's anchor from the bottom of the ocean. We were .. we were afraid .. were .. were we were afraid. Unbelievable. What has happened, and that noise. Th whole the city was shaking as in an earthquake. That was something unbelievable. And suddenly we were moving. The whole city was rising, rising up, up to the surface. That, that was something unbelievable. And the towers were going through the water surface and we were going up, up. Waters, waves, waterfalls. All the water was falling down from the heights and we were shooting up , absolutely to the surface, and suddenly Sun. Sun was simply shining through all windows. I will rememeber it till my death.
                That's so poetic! I love it. I love this thread and I love Zelenka. You're right Shadow he is competition for McKay,I love them both! And I love it when they're together on screen.

Comment

It looks pretty good as is. Except a few minor grammatical things.
                  It ripped off the town's anchor from the bottom of the ocean.
                  The whole city was shaking as IN an earthquake.
                  All [the water] was falling down from the heights and we were shooting up (or we shot up), absolutely on (or to) the top/surface.

Part of it could also be the way Zelenka talks. That's just the way things look more "right" to me.

Now that I've seen the ep, Zelenka was so adorable. "Security clearance?" hehe
                  Actually, Shadow, I like Venti's (sorry can't spell) wording better. Just with my poet's hat on... it's beautiful... and expresses that moment so well.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                    Actually, Shadow, I like Venti's (sorry can't spell) wording better. Just with my poet's hat on... it's beautiful... and expresses that moment so well.
                    Guess that's why I'm not a poet. Ah well. I tried....

Comment

Guess that's why I'm not a poet. Ah well. I tried....
                      Ah,and you torture minions so...imaginatively...

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                        Ah,and you torture minions so...imaginatively...
                        Torture IS an art, and there is a certain poetic justice to some of it, but not all art is poetry.

I thought Becky's version was pretty good, myself.

Comment

Hilarious!!!!

Zeleknka has left a message for his fans

http://www.davidnykl.com/Stargate%20...opis_jan05.htm

So here is the translation

I indeed haven’t expected this

Suddenly, a lot of letters and emails. Very nice letters. From many people. Where did it come from?

Thanks for your support, cz fans! You are great.

I looking forward to answer your questions soon – also about the shooting of S2 of SGA here in Vancouver. Meanwhile I have a lot of work and I’m quite busy. See you soon.

Thanks, and take care.

-David Nykl

He’s speaking the same way he didi in Letters from Pegasus. Same style of expressing himself
                          Last edited by veneticuss; 19 January 2005, 09:15 AM.
                          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

And the translation, dearest?

Yay to a fansite, tho! It's about time!

Comment

Ups translation coming soon

btw, if you want to go there through the www.davidnykl.com page

the link the meal totally at the bottom of the homepage. Typical czech food

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

So here we go with the translation

I indeed haven’t expected this

Suddenly, a lot of letters and emails. Very nice letters. From many people. Where did it come from?

Thanks for your support, cz fans! You are great.

I looking forward to answer your questions soon – also about the shooting of S2 of SGA here in Vancouver. Meanwhile I have a lot of work and I’m quite busy. See you soon.

Thanks, and take care.

-David Nykl

He’s speaking the same way he didi in Letters from Pegasus. Same style of expressing himself

Comment

Working...
                                X