Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
    I'd say a tutor would be the way to go with the new girl, just to get her caught up. That will be tricky, though, because until then, she won't know what's going on during class.
    Unfortunetly, that's not the way the class works. The class is offered through my work and so it's really a very basic class to help with travel abroad. Most people take the class to learn the basics of Czech so that they can speak a bit when they travel to the Czech Republic. There's not a strong enough interest to have two classes, one for beginners and one for those who are at the next level. It's always good to review the basics and to start to build up the vocabulary so I don't have a problem with that as I really didn't do much over the summer other than check out some Czech blogs and websites on the internet. However, I only want that to be review. The basics can take a whole year to cover since we only meet once a week.

I kind of recommended that he extend the class an extra half hour and leave the last 30 minutes for the intermediate students to read the book. The teacher liked the idea but I am not sure he will actually do it.

I am hoping to take my daughter to Europe in a few years, she wants to go to the UK so we are going to make it a trip across Europe if we can pull it off and the Czech Republic will be on the list of places to visit.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Hey for you David Nykl fans....finally found a link to the movie short Voodoo! Check out David's new fan page, the link is in the page and you don't have to have facebook to see it. This is really a fun movie short that I think David Nykl fans will really enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/David...02742713123717

I really love this movie short!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 16 September 2012, 06:07 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Unfortunetly, that's not the way the class works. The class is offered through my work and so it's really a very basic class to help with travel abroad. Most people take the class to learn the basics of Czech so that they can speak a bit when they travel to the Czech Republic. There's not a strong enough interest to have two classes, one for beginners and one for those who are at the next level. It's always good to review the basics and to start to build up the vocabulary so I don't have a problem with that as I really didn't do much over the summer other than check out some Czech blogs and websites on the internet. However, I only want that to be review. The basics can take a whole year to cover since we only meet once a week.

I kind of recommended that he extend the class an extra half hour and leave the last 30 minutes for the intermediate students to read the book. The teacher liked the idea but I am not sure he will actually do it.

I am hoping to take my daughter to Europe in a few years, she wants to go to the UK so we are going to make it a trip across Europe if we can pull it off and the Czech Republic will be on the list of places to visit.
        Sounds like it would be fun!
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Rosehawk ;; Thanks for that Voodoo link!

Oh I see, only meeting once a week. That does make sense then. I like your idea. c: I remember back in school, we had a split grade class and the teacher would teach us and then give us work to do while he taught the other half. I never understood why they split the classes like that. But traveling like that sounds awesome!
          sigpic
          FireflySunrise on youtube. (:
          HeckYeahPatrickGilmore.tumblr

Comment

Hey for you David Nykl fans....finally found a link to the movie short Voodoo! Check out David's new fan page, the link is in the page and you don't have to have facebook to see it. This is really a fun movie short that I think David Nykl fans will really enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/David...02742713123717

I really love this movie short!!!!!!!
            Oh, that's such a great little film. In fact, I'm sending that to my sister right now, she'll no doubt get a kick out of it.
            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
              Rosehawk ;; Thanks for that Voodoo link!
              Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
              Oh, that's such a great little film. In fact, I'm sending that to my sister right now, she'll no doubt get a kick out of it.
              Glad you guys like it. I loved it the first time I saw it. It's just one of those that is so cute and all the actors were perfect for their roles...and we get to see David's nice eyes very clearly!

Originally posted by Snowdrop
              Oh I see, only meeting once a week. That does make sense then. I like your idea. c: I remember back in school, we had a split grade class and the teacher would teach us and then give us work to do while he taught the other half. I never understood why they split the classes like that. But traveling like that sounds awesome!
              Yeah, it's not like a university or high school type language class. It will be interesting how the class goes. One other guy in the class has been in it as long as me and we want to work on reading, writing, speaking and actually comprehending....I might talk to him about maybe lunch once in awhile so we can try it...have to see how that goes after class this week.
              sigpic

Comment

Sis just watched Voodoo and she really liked it too, yay.
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Yeah, it's not like a university or high school type language class. It will be interesting how the class goes. One other guy in the class has been in it as long as me and we want to work on reading, writing, speaking and actually comprehending....I might talk to him about maybe lunch once in awhile so we can try it...have to see how that goes after class this week.
                  That's interesting. (: Feel free to practice on me if you want to test greetings or anything in text.
                  I took Spanish in high school but I didn't really enjoy it. I wish we'd have had more language options.
                  sigpic
                  FireflySunrise on youtube. (:
                  HeckYeahPatrickGilmore.tumblr

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dz9USzRklQ
                      Just found this on YouTube, hehe

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I love Zelenka to pieces! It's so refreshing to see an Eastern European character in a relatively prominent non-antagonistic role in this usually very American-focused show. Plus, he's funny and adorable.

Comment

I would say Central European but yes, I agree

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Great Czech pic Ever!! Thanks for the Youtube link Jae'a! More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                            sigpic

Comment

THANKS FOR THE LINK!! Or should I say in Czech, Diky

Comment

David's got a new movie coming out in Canada October 12 - A Christmas Miracle. Dan Payne's in it too. Looks really good! If you look really hard you can glimpse David in the trailer.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1672455449/

Don't know when it's going to be released in the US. Bummed that it's only in Canada at this time but at least it's going to be in theaters so that's good!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X