Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    I'm sure the difference is miniscule... can't blame you... David Nykl reminds me of a young David McCallum...

The Two Davids...
    Yeah - I've noticed the resemblence too...

Hmmm... Dr. Zelenka writes another letter home - "Dear Uncle Illya..."
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Poor Radek

Everyone has a thread but him, I mean, there is even a Thor/Sam shipper thread, and don't ge tme started on the Walter/Apophis slash I have heard of lingering on the web.

So lets start one! I am absolutely nuts over the guy, I hope he gets landed as a permenant character. Anyone else share my sentiments of this god-on-earth?
      Attached Files

Comment

Well, there's the Zelenka's Translations and Thunk Thread, but that's over in the Atlantis S1 folder.

I think he's a great character- and cute- but I have enough "issues" with the casting rearrangements already. I love Dr. Z and I'm always happy to see him, but I'd prefer keeping him as recurring. He's more likely to get better storylines that way. And hopefully not at the expense of someone ELSE...

Comment

Are you implying of the toughly made sir whose name won't be uttered in this post?

I would give him up for Zelenka I don't enjoy that particular marine, however I was jumping for joy when I found out that Beckett was staying. There goes my ship for the two though. Oh wait a sec, isn't he losing his slot on the cast anyways?

Zelenka is adorable and given a chance can be the new slash! Bye bye McShep, hello McZelenka! NOt as catchy true, but still just as cute, and dare I say it? More...

Anyways, he deserves a permenant slot! Even if only for that entrancing hair!

Comment

Actually I mean at ANYONE'S expense. Ford is nothing like Doc Z, so there's no issue there. If anyone is in danger, it'd be McKay. If TPTB suddenly decide they don't need TWO geeky science geniuses and figure that they both "fill the same niche"... well, it wouldn't be pretty.

Comment

Well Zelenka would obviously stay in that predicament, he has way to many followers lol

But thinking budget wise. . .it doesn't matter though since he wont have a permenant role in the next seasons though, I think?

And hes so dreamy when he talks, though I am a lover for accents lol

I wish he would say more czech phrases in the show though, it would be fun deciphering what he said like I would do in the movie and when they had Dannie speak russian.

Comment

We're very fortunate to have a few Czech fans on board- the Zelenka thunk thread was started by a Czech and he's been very good about giving us translations for Radek's stuff AS WELL AS translations from David Nykl's website.

Comment

I would love to speak to him

Thus far, I have only been able to test out my czech on my cousin, and she is a bit generous...

He really she speak more czech in the show

Comment

You speak Czech ? Thats so cool heh
                    I speak a lil too, we should have a conversation some time!

I was a Zelenka fan the moments I laid eyes on him heh ^^
                    I hope he gets a slot, oh how I pray. . .

But lets keep that aside and just worship him, shall we?

BTW: In the Movie, you actually could understand the Abydoins? My friend is also an egyptology student ( Your kind breed like bunnies now-a-days lol ) and was able to do the same, was quite fun to hear what they said. I know russian too, but thats all
                    RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just chiming in with the Zelenka appreciation. Just finished watching Letters from Pegasus. And I loved his message. I didn't understand a word of it, but his hand movements were classic. And his final line of course.

Love him before then though. He has great chemistry with McKay.

Comment

"Security clearance?" hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                          Just chiming in with the Zelenka appreciation. Just finished watching Letters from Pegasus. And I loved his message. I didn't understand a word of it, but his hand movements were classic. And his final line of course.

Love him before then though. He has great chemistry with McKay.
                          You'll find the translation in the first post of this thread
                          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Yeah I could, I thought it was really thoughtful for them to use the language, the just got lazy over the years though
                            Even the hieroglyphics were legible.

My yahoo sn is soraya2005

Comment

shibby luneria @ yahoo too!

Wow, thats soo cool =D!

Pic from his site! Gonna look for caps from the subway commercial ^^
                              Attached Files
                              RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow

That...is a man

( 3pm east? )

Comment

Working...
                                X