• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Complete Translations

NEW

EPISODE 204 - Duet:
    No jo, tak jo děcka, do toho jdeme jdeme jdeme, musíme tohle dodělat, pojďte už honem.

So, ok kids, let's do it, go go go, we gotta finish this, c'mon let's start, hurry up.

GW Interview with DN
    DN:Já tomu teda vubec nerozumím, co to tady s tím jako myslíte, že jako tady budu takhle sedet a jen tak si s váma bavit, no, no tak jo, no tak zkusíme to.

DN: I don't understand, what do you mean, just like sitting here and chatting with you? So, fine, ok, let's try it.

EPISODE - 38 minutes
    He said: "Muzes mi dat ty nejnovejsi data, prosim?", "Tak aspon, aspon tri mi dej!!"

At first, it was the "Can you give me the most recent data, please?"
    "So, give me at least, at least three!!"

EPISODE 116-
    he said: "Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!"

which means "Oh My God, I cant work with those actors!!!"

Episode 117 - Letter from Pegasus

"Na dne more mame "failsafe" mechanismus. Obrovskou silou vytrhl kotvu mesta ze dna oceanu. My jsme .. Zhrozili jsme .. jsme .. Zhrozili jsme se. Neuveritelny. Co se to deje, a ten hluk. Cele mesto se traslo jako pri zemetreseni. To bylo neco neuveritelnyho. A najednou se hneme.
    Cele mesto stoupalo, stoupalo nahoru, nahoru k hladine.
    To, to bylo neco neuveritelnyho. A veze prorazily hladinu a vyjeli jsme nahoru, nahoru. Vody, vlny vodopady. Vsechno tece z tech vejsek a vystrelili jsme nahoru uplne navrsek a najednou Slunce. Slunicko proste proudilo do vsech voken. Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu"

On the bottom of the sea we have a failsafe mechanism. With a lot of power it ripped off the town's anchor from the bottom of the ocean. We were .. we were afraid .. were .. were we were afraid. Unbelievable. What has happened, and that noise. Th whole the city was shaking as in an earthquake. That was something unbelievable. And suddenly we were moving. The whole city was rising, rising up, up to the surface. That, that was something unbelievable. And the towers were going through the water surface and we were going up, up. Waters, waves, waterfalls. All the water was falling down from the heights and we were shooting up , absolutely to the surface, and suddenly Sun. Sun was simply shining through all windows. I will rememeber it till my death.

David Nikl's Homepage

No tak tohle jsem netusil...

Najednou spoustu dopisu a emailu. Moc hezkych. Od spoustu lidi. Jejda. Kde se to vzalo?!!

Dekuju za prizen, Cz fandove! Jste skvely! .

Na vase otazky se chystam brzy odpovedet - i o nataceni pristi sezony serialu Stargate:Atlantis - tady ve Vancouveru. Zatim mam prace moc a casu malo. Brzo se ozvu!!

Diky, a drzte se.

-David Nykl

I indeed haven’t expected this

Suddenly, a lot of letters and emails. Very nice letters. From many people. Where did it come from?

Thanks for your support, cz fans! You are great.

I looking forward to answer your questions soon – also about the shooting of S2 of SGA here in Vancouver. Meanwhile I have a lot of work and I’m quite busy. See you soon.

Thanks, and take care.

-David Nykl

He’s speaking the same way he didi in Letters from Pegasus. Same style of expressing himself

Interview with David Nykl:

Original intervie http://fanklub.sg1.cz/zf/zfs_view_qs.php?stat=3

Translation:

1.How did you get to work in Atlantis, why a Czech?

Atlantis began for me last year in spring, when TPTB invited me to an audition for a small role (so called Day Player- day work) for a Russian doctor. I don’t remember anymore how that character was called. I got that role and later on at the lunch BD changed that name to Zelenka, because I’m a Czech and I do speak Czech (at least a little bit ) Agfter lunch we went shooting that scene from 38min. The director whispered me, that they I built up my role and that they liked me. So somehow like that we began. I just want to mention that I learned to speak and to write Czech here in Canada, so forgive my spelling.

2.Do you consult your Czech sentences with TBTP or do they just indicate what you have to say?

Those ones I make up myselves. The scenarist or the director tell me what they need and I just come up with something. They really trust me in that, though I still have to translate it to them.

3.Do you watch Czech hockey? With whom do you argue, whether it is better that the Canadian one?

Ha ha, I love hockey and I really regret, that Canucks aren’t playing this year. This question always persecute me – I just take it as a luck to live in the best hockey countries in the world. The Czechs are playing clever the Canadians more physically. Both is needed. This year I’ve seen Sparta vs. Kladno in Prague.

4.We all hope here that you one day will get a main role in an episode, how do you see it, do you think its possible you’ll get one?

I think, I hope…I suspect that we will live to see it.

5. Who came up with Zelenka´s first name Radek? Were you involved in it?

No, I was´t. Martin Gero came to me on stage and told me I would finally have a first name.I don´t know where or how they got it.

Translated by blekable:
    6. What meal do you prefer with beer?

With beer? "Moravian bird". Or a good pizza.

7. Do you visit any webpages about Stargate Atlantis or Stargate SG-1? And what about your colleague actors?

Yes, I have a look what´s going on, from time to time...but not everywhere. I feel there are places I don´t even know about...it´s impossible to absorb everything. In fact, my colleagues told me about it.

8. Could you tell the Czech fans, how an ordinary filming day looks like?

We start early in the morning - sometimes at 6:00. I don´t live far from the studio, so I often go by bike. According to the plan, we are shooting from 12 to 16 hours sometimes. When I´m not shooting, I either read or play golf with Rainbow on Gamecube, or whatever. There are many dogs on the stage!

9. Are there any Slovaks, in the Atlantis?

Yes, there are. But I won´t tell you where!

10. Has anyone asked you where in fact the Czech Republic is?

Thank God no. The team on the stage is quite educated.

11. With your experience in SGA, would you take a title role in any sci-fi movie or series?

Absolutely!

12. I am interested in all those technical things, but the most I would like to know, whether those props are functional? Especially tha PDA which is showing everybody in the form of dots. Are the film-makers trying to make the things as functional as possible, or is it all done by computers?

The PDA is functional - the graphics that is there is done in the post-production.
    Sometimes I have the Flash animation or other programs there.
    We have several prop men, most of them being SysOp who run everything.

13. Are all the actors in Stargate as cheerful as we can see them in the Lowdowns and other Behind the scenes?

They are cheerful, they really are. However, I haven´t seen any Behind the scenes or lLowdown yet -- although I remember them shooting it last year.

14. Could you tell us something about the season 2 and the role of Zelenka in it?

In the very first episode, I will catch it. Uf. Guess from whom...

Since i am not a native english speaker, i will appreciate any kind of grammar or spelling correction. Thanks
    Last edited by veneticuss; 06 September 2005, 10:48 AM.
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Originally posted by veneticuss
    Complete Translations
    EPISODE 116-
    he said: "Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!"

which means "Oh My God, I cant work with those actors!!!"

Very nice job, this one is my favorite

Comment

Zelenka may not look like much, but I've seen David Nykl's website and that boy looks reeeaaalll nice, I must say.

Since thunking is allowed here, I'll post a pic for everyone to admire.

A lovely promo pic
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 08 July 2005, 12:43 PM. Reason: getting sick of re-uploading all my images due to GW tech glitches

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Zelenka may not look like much, but I've seen David Nykl's website and that boy looks reeeaaalll nice, I must say.
        He does... VERY nice indeed...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

He's almost competition for McKay. ALMOST. Maybe even more than almost, but you didn't hear that from me.

Comment

He's almost competition for McKay. ALMOST. Maybe even more than almost, but you didn't hear that from me.
            I'm sure the difference is miniscule... can't blame you... David Nykl reminds me of a young David McCallum...

The Two Davids...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

There seems to be something very thunkable about Davids in general. Nykl, Hewlett, DeLuise, Palffy (if you go for that sort), Dixon (OK, so it's a character, a lot of people still thunk for him), Duchovny (again, if you go for that), McCallum (I know that name)... The list goes on and on...

Comment

Complete Translations
                . I will rememeber it till my death.[/COLOR]
                Hi

great thread. thanks for the translations, not quite grammatically correct but I shouldn't complain because I can't help with it anyway.
                Love that you put them up though since I was wondering if he was actually talking about anything remotely related to what we saw in the clips - might have been funnier if it wasn't about that but it as all great Zelenka.

i really like the character, though he doesn't beat McKay in the episode. I hope we see more Zelenka and I agree David Nykl looks quite nice in the picture you posted and his imdb entry, though I don't mind him as Zelenka either, however Hewlett still wins my vote.

As for teh two davids thing, I'd love to have a icon with that - them from the storm shot and a cool phrase to the effect.

Comment

Dear God.
                  Say it isnt' so.
                  Hell hath indeed frozen over.
                  "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

He's almost competition for McKay. ALMOST.
                    The difference between them is that Dr. Zelenka is more calmer than McKay.
                    I like the banter between the two of them in The Storm.

Comment

On the bottom of the sea we have a failsafe mechanism. With a lot of power it riped off the anchor of town from the bottom of the ocean. We were .. we were afraid .. were .. were we were afraid. Unbelievable. What has happened, and that noise. Th whole the city was shaking as an earthquake. That was something unbelievable. And suddenly we were moving. All the city was rising, rising up, up to the surface. That, that was something unbelievable. And the towers were going through the water surface and we were going up, up. Waters, waves, waterfalls. All was falling down from the heights and we were shooted up, absolute on the top, and suddenly Sun. Sun was simply shining through all windows. I will rememeber it till my death.

Since i am not a native english speaker, i will appreciate any kind of grammar or spelling correction. Thanks
                      It looks pretty good as is. Except a few minor grammatical things.
                      It ripped off the town's anchor from the bottom of the ocean.
                      The whole city was shaking as IN an earthquake.
                      All [the water] was falling down from the heights and we were shooting up (or we shot up), absolutely on (or to) the top/surface.

Part of it could also be the way Zelenka talks. That's just the way things look more "right" to me.

Now that I've seen the ep, Zelenka was so adorable. "Security clearance?" hehe
                      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 13 January 2005, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Since thunking is allowed here, I'll post a pic for everyone to admire.
                        Oooh. .thanks for the website. . not too shabby!

Will have to pay more attention to Zelenka from now on.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by rihannsu
                          Dear God.
                          Say it isnt' so.
                          Hell hath indeed frozen over.
                          What?! Traitor!

Heh heh! Just kidding, I like Zelenka, too, in all his scruffiness. He must have infinite patience and understanding to work with McKay so closely and not have strangled him by now. Though Zelenka has no trouble getting testy with McKay. He's an (almost ) equal match for McKay intellectually and that's why McKay can work with him. McKay can bounce his ideas off Zelenka without having to explain himself. Also, I think McKay appreciated Zelenka efforts in Thirty Eight Minutes, helping to save the Puddle Jumper occupants.

Zelenka can be even more unfocussed than McKay, which is pretty funny.

Sheppard has Ford as his second, and it seems that Zelenka is McKay's second. Poor Ford, I think Zelenka has had more lines than he had, at least it seems that way dealing with McKay.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                            Poor Ford, I think Zelenka has had more lines than he had, at least it seems that way dealing with McKay.
                            Which is even more amazing when you consider that once McKay gets going it's almost impossible to get a word in edgewise.

Comment

Zelenka: “At the bottom of the sea; we have got a (failsafe)… mechanism. It pulled out an anchor of the city from the bottom of the sea by a huge force. We were terrified… we were terrified by that. Unbelievable! What is happening? And what a hubbub! Whole city was fluttering like during an earthquake. It was something unbelievable. And suddenly…eh…we were moving! Whole city was rising up and up to the surface of a sea. It was something unbelievable! The towers broke through the surface of the sea and we were rising up and up. Such an amount of water! The waves! Waterfalls! All flowing down from such an altitude. We shoot up, up to the sky… and suddenly… sun… simply the beautiful sun. It was shining through all windows… I will remember that… I will remember that my whole life…”

Ford: “You didn’t say anything that would require security clearance, did you?”

Zelenka: “Security Clearance?”

By the way, did you notice the naquada generator in the background?
                              Last edited by dsrbecky; 15 January 2005, 10:24 AM. Reason: The naquada note

Comment

Working...
                              X