Page 320 of 927 FirstFirst ... 220270310317318319320321322323330370420820 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 18534
  1. #6381
    Lieutenant Colonel Pajus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Czech Republic
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Dr. Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zuz View Post
    He he, Pajus. You're wrong, the building with the masaryk's statue in front of it is not the headquarters (the rector's office) it's the Faculty of Medicine on Komenskeho square.



    This is the building of rector's office - the heart of the university - located on Zerotinovo square.



    I have to know, Masaryk university is my Alma Mater after all.
    I'm just a stupid guy from the VUT and I'm sorry... Does it mean that you live quite close to me?

  2. #6382
    The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)
    Rosehawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On my way to the Moon!
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    It's great to hear you're feeling better
    Nice picc's Reefgirl!
    Radek always makes me feel better! Okay, where'd my clone to?

    Had my big meeting with my boss's boss this afternoon. Was very interesting. Changes are happening all over. They did what they did to me because of my skill set, flexibility, multi-tasking capablities and able to handle change well and where I am getting move to will have the most changes happening to it at a fast pace. Sure would have been nice if my boss had taken that approach with me instead of "I didn't think you cared about what products you had." etc., etc., etc. A few other things were said that I won't go into.
    She said to trust her and talk to her again in a few weeks when the big changes were announced and see if I still felt the same way about my product mix. Basically she asked me to trust her because she couldn't go into details about the changes happening. I can do that but I still plan on networking for other alternatives. Got a contact to setup a meeting to discuss going into Training/teaching/mentoring which is an area I would like to get into.


    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

  3. #6383
    The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)
    Rosehawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On my way to the Moon!
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Dr. Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajus View Post
    I'm just a stupid guy from the VUT and I'm sorry... Does it mean that you live quite close to me?
    Okay Pajus, you are not just a stupid guy......after all, you have taught me the fine art of how to use a lightsaber!

    Is this the University that Radek went to or taught at?

    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

  4. #6384
    Colonel zuz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,483

    Default Re: Dr. Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajus View Post
    I'm just a stupid guy from the VUT and I'm sorry... Does it mean that you live quite close to me?
    Pajus, you're not stupid. And the piccie you posted is really good, I couldn't come up with anything that good using cell phone camera.

    To answer your question, I don't live in Brno or anywhere near, I'm from Mlada Boleslav, but I spent five wonderful years in Brno studying law.

    This is the picture of the building I spent most of the time in (when not partying or doing other silly things that are essential parts of student's life )

    Faculty of Law on Veveri street



    Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Okay Pajus, you are not just a stupid guy......after all, you have taught me the fine art of how to use a lightsaber!

    Is this the University that Radek went to or taught at?
    Yup, Rosehawk, that's the one. He was offered a teaching job there before he joined the Atlantis expedition.
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

  5. #6385
    Lieutenant Colonel Pajus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Czech Republic
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Dr. Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zuz View Post
    Pajus, you're not stupid. And the piccie you posted is really good, I couldn't come up with anything that good using cell phone camera.

    To answer your question, I don't live in Brno or anywhere near, I'm from Mlada Boleslav, but I spent five wonderful years in Brno studying law.

    This is the picture of the building I spent most of the time in (when not partying or doing other silly things that are essential parts of student's life )

    Faculty of Law on Veveri street





    Yup, Rosehawk, that's the one. He was offered a teaching job there before he joined the Atlantis expedition.
    Do you have a picture of the 'Natural sciences building'? I think it's the one on Nerudova street. That would be the most likely place for Zelenka to teach in

  6. #6386
    Lieutenant Colonel Pajus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Czech Republic
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Dr. Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Okay Pajus, you are not just a stupid guy......after all, you have taught me the fine art of how to use a lightsaber!

    Is this the University that Radek went to or taught at?
    That reminds me: Are you ready for your next lesson, youngling?

  7. #6387
    Colonel zuz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,483

    Default Re: Dr. Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation Thread

    Masaryk University has 9 Faculties - Law, Medicine, Science, Arts, Education, Economics, Informatics, Social Studies, Sports Studies.

    Science Faculty's a logical choice for Zelenka. But there are several departments at the faculty.

    Here are the ones that come into question:

    Department of Matematics and Statistics
    (Janackovo square)



    Department of Physical Electronics and Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics (most likely)
    (complex of buildings on Kotlarska street - the Botanical Garden is part of the complex)







    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

  8. #6388
    Lieutenant Colonel Pajus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Czech Republic
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Nice picc's Reefgirl!
    Radek always makes me feel better! Okay, where'd my clone to?

    Had my big meeting with my boss's boss this afternoon. Was very interesting. Changes are happening all over. They did what they did to me because of my skill set, flexibility, multi-tasking capablities and able to handle change well and where I am getting move to will have the most changes happening to it at a fast pace. Sure would have been nice if my boss had taken that approach with me instead of "I didn't think you cared about what products you had." etc., etc., etc. A few other things were said that I won't go into.
    She said to trust her and talk to her again in a few weeks when the big changes were announced and see if I still felt the same way about my product mix. Basically she asked me to trust her because she couldn't go into details about the changes happening. I can do that but I still plan on networking for other alternatives. Got a contact to setup a meeting to discuss going into Training/teaching/mentoring which is an area I would like to get into.

    Just hope you'll be happy with the results of whatever's going on...

  9. #6389
    The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)
    Rosehawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On my way to the Moon!
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajus View Post
    Just hope you'll be happy with the results of whatever's going on...
    Thanks Pajus.
    Well, as with just about anything there are always risks, that's why I am not putting all of my eggs into one basket and I am still going to continue networking to find something different.

    My department basically reorganized job responsiblities. I had the most active and difficult product responsiblities which was challenging, which I liked. I got moved into a simple product line (in my opinion) that wasn't going to challenge me and I went to my boss about what options I had available. If I was going to keep this assignment, I needed something more like a project. Needless to say he did not handle the conversation well -and said some things he shouldn't have. His boss told me today that this simple product line was not going to be so simple in about a month and is going to explode and they thought I was the best fit for the job because I like the challenge and have the skills to be able to react quickly. Now why couldn't he have told me that!

    Wow, the past two weeks have been quite eventful!

    And seeing this is so relaxing!

    Spoiler:

    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

  10. #6390
    The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)
    Rosehawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On my way to the Moon!
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Dr. Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajus View Post
    Do you have a picture of the 'Natural sciences building'? I think it's the one on Nerudova street. That would be the most likely place for Zelenka to teach in
    Now, I would like to have taken a few classes that Zelenka taught!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajus
    That reminds me: Are you ready for your next lesson, youngling?
    Yep. Got a long weekend, so I should be able to practice!

    Nice pics you two!

    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

  11. #6391
    Major General Reefgirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,122

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    So basically they're panicing because you're the best they have for the job and if you walk they're going to have to do some work for a change and now they're having to promise you the Earth (or Atlantis) so you don't leave

    Hmm Sounds familiar

  12. #6392
    The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)
    Rosehawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On my way to the Moon!
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    So basically they're panicing because you're the best they have for the job and if you walk they're going to have to do some work for a change and now they're having to promise you the Earth (or Atlantis) so you don't leave

    Hmm Sounds familiar
    LOL. They haven't promised me anything yet, the shock on what I told her has to wear off first. After the bigger changes are announced in a few weeks I have to go in and talk to her again to see if I still feel the same way.
    For me this is the kick in the pants to see about getting into something different which could take awhile since I want to go into a different direction which means I have to network to convince people I can do it and possibly take some classes. I am still planning on leaving, I may just take my time now and do the right thing for my career instead of just wanting to get out and moving into the same type of job. Course this all depends on how my boss starts treating me when he gets back from vacation and has a discussion with his boss about what I discussed with her.

    Awww, the lovelyness of Radek!


    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

  13. #6393
    Lieutenant Colonel Pajus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Czech Republic
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Dr. Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Now, I would like to have taken a few classes that Zelenka taught!
    Radek: These particles are very rare and very dangerous... YOU!!! IN THE FIRST ROW!!! STOP DROOLING AND TOUCHING YOURSELF!!! IT'S DISTRACTING ME!!! *much softer voice* And don't lick your lips like that... And stop taking your shirt off... *everything else is way beyond PG*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Yep. Got a long weekend, so I should be able to practice!
    Alright. Let's get started:

    Today's lesson will be about the 'Niman' (moderation) form. This form is sometimes called 'diplomat's style', because it is mostly taught to Jedi Consulars, who have less time to train with lightsabers in order to have more time to study politics and diplomacy. Niman contains elements of Shii-cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru and Shien in a perfectly balanced combination making it the most universal fighting style of them all. The main advantage of Niman is its balance. It is a style of choice in a chaotic or rapidly changing situation. The main disadvantage of Niman is also its balance. When the situation becomes 'specialized' for another fighting form, don't hesitate and use the other form. One example: All Jedi who practiced Niman in the battle of Geonosis were killed, because Niman doesn't have the means to protect you against concentrated gunfire (that's what Shien and Soresu are good for).

    The initial stance of Niman is similar to Ataru, but the lightsaber should be held in front of your right breast. That positions the blade against your handness for more defensive capacity.

    Spoiler:


    Watch me as I perform some basic Niman moves and tactics against training holograms:

    *shows basic Niman tactics and moves to his padawan*

  14. #6394
    The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)
    Rosehawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On my way to the Moon!
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Dr. Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajus View Post
    Radek: These particles are very rare and very dangerous... YOU!!! IN THE FIRST ROW!!! STOP DROOLING AND TOUCHING YOURSELF!!! IT'S DISTRACTING ME!!! *much softer voice* And don't lick your lips like that... And stop taking your shirt off... *everything else is way beyond PG*
    Pajus, you are soooooo trying to get me in trouble, aren't you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajus
    Alright. Let's get started:

    Today's lesson will be about the 'Niman' (moderation) form. This form is sometimes called 'diplomat's style', because it is mostly taught to Jedi Consulars, who have less time to train with lightsabers in order to have more time to study politics and diplomacy. Niman contains elements of Shii-cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru and Shien in a perfectly balanced combination making it the most universal fighting style of them all. The main advantage of Niman is its balance. It is a style of choice in a chaotic or rapidly changing situation. The main disadvantage of Niman is also its balance. When the situation becomes 'specialized' for another fighting form, don't hesitate and use the other form. One example: All Jedi who practiced Niman in the battle of Geonosis were killed, because Niman doesn't have the means to protect you against concentrated gunfire (that's what Shien and Soresu are good for).

    The initial stance of Niman is similar to Ataru, but the lightsaber should be held in front of your right breast. That positions the blade against your handness for more defensive capacity.

    Watch me as I perform some basic Niman moves and tactics against training holograms:

    *shows basic Niman tactics and moves to his padawan*
    I think we should move this to Zelenka's thunk thread so I can *thunk* my clone through all the practice that I have to do.

    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

  15. #6395
    Lieutenant Colonel Pajus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Czech Republic
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    My padawan asked me to move her next lesson to tis thread (probably because the FicForce is stronger here)


    Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Yep. Got a long weekend, so I should be able to practice!
    Alright. Let's get started:

    Today's lesson will be about the 'Niman' (moderation) form. This form is sometimes called 'diplomat's style', because it is mostly taught to Jedi Consulars, who have less time to train with lightsabers in order to have more time to study politics and diplomacy. Niman contains elements of Shii-cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru and Shien in a perfectly balanced combination making it the most universal fighting style of them all. The main advantage of Niman is its balance. It is a style of choice in a chaotic or rapidly changing situation. The main disadvantage of Niman is also its balance. When the situation becomes 'specialized' for another fighting form, don't hesitate and use the other form. One example: All Jedi who practiced Niman in the battle of Geonosis were killed, because Niman doesn't have the means to protect you against concentrated gunfire (that's what Shien and Soresu are good for).

    The initial stance of Niman is similar to Ataru, but the lightsaber should be held in front of your right breast. That positions the blade against your handness for more defensive capacity.

    Spoiler:


    Watch me as I perform some basic Niman moves and tactics against training holograms:

    *shows basic Niman tactics and moves to his padawan*

  16. #6396
    The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)
    Rosehawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On my way to the Moon!
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajus View Post
    My padawan asked me to move her next lesson to tis thread (probably because the FicForce is stronger here)
    Ficforce, Radek Force, Zelenka *THUNKIN* Oh yeah, it's stornger here!


    Alright. Let's get started:

    Today's lesson will be about the 'Niman' (moderation) form. This form is sometimes called 'diplomat's style', because it is mostly taught to Jedi Consulars, who have less time to train with lightsabers in order to have more time to study politics and diplomacy. Niman contains elements of Shii-cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru and Shien in a perfectly balanced combination making it the most universal fighting style of them all. The main advantage of Niman is its balance. It is a style of choice in a chaotic or rapidly changing situation. The main disadvantage of Niman is also its balance. When the situation becomes 'specialized' for another fighting form, don't hesitate and use the other form. One example: All Jedi who practiced Niman in the battle of Geonosis were killed, because Niman doesn't have the means to protect you against concentrated gunfire (that's what Shien and Soresu are good for).

    The initial stance of Niman is similar to Ataru, but the lightsaber should be held in front of your right breast. That positions the blade against your handness for more defensive capacity.

    Spoiler:


    Watch me as I perform some basic Niman moves and tactics against training holograms:

    *shows basic Niman tactics and moves to his padawan*
    *Activates lightsaber* **gets in ready stance**
    Looks over shoulder for Radek Clone! Smiles at Radek Clone!
    Okay teacher, go for it!

    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

  17. #6397
    Lieutenant Colonel Pajus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Czech Republic
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Ficforce, Radek Force, Zelenka *THUNKIN* Oh yeah, it's stornger here!



    *Activates lightsaber* **gets in ready stance**
    Looks over shoulder for Radek Clone! Smiles at Radek Clone!
    Okay teacher, go for it!
    The basic philosophy of Niman is to become a 'leaf swept in the winds of the FicForce'. The holographic test I've prepared for you will put you through a series of chaotic engagements, where you'll have to use your ability to improvise and use your intuition. The bes thing you can do is to try to achieve a mindset of someone who is not troubled by his sorroundings. Ride the current of the turmoil and be balanced within...

  18. #6398
    Major General Reefgirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,122

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    Well good luck with the work thing, I'm supposed to be having a meeting with my bosses about why we're not happy in our job (He didn't actually say that but it's come about because I wanted my old job back) we (me and the other chef) are calling the shots at the moment because they want to have the meeting next week (when the kids go back to school) at 3.30 (When the kids need picking up from school, you can tell they don't have kids) so now me and Sarah are say "Nope can't do that because of the kids" they'll either give in to our times or cancel the damn meeting.

    The ficforce is also strong in the Dr Who threads, especially for those who want to specialise in the SlashSide

  19. #6399
    The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)
    Rosehawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On my way to the Moon!
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Well good luck with the work thing, I'm supposed to be having a meeting with my bosses about why we're not happy in our job (He didn't actually say that but it's come about because I wanted my old job back) we (me and the other chef) are calling the shots at the moment because they want to have the meeting next week (when the kids go back to school) at 3.30 (When the kids need picking up from school, you can tell they don't have kids) so now me and Sarah are say "Nope can't do that because of the kids" they'll either give in to our times or cancel the damn meeting.
    Good Luck with your work thing as well! These things are never fun.

    The ficforce is also strong in the Dr Who threads, especially for those who want to specialise in the SlashSide
    Hey, we are getting Tourchwood here in the next few weeks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajus
    The basic philosophy of Niman is to become a 'leaf swept in the winds of the FicForce'. The holographic test I've prepared for you will put you through a series of chaotic engagements, where you'll have to use your ability to improvise and use your intuition. The bes thing you can do is to try to achieve a mindset of someone who is not troubled by his sorroundings. Ride the current of the turmoil and be balanced within...
    How can anyone be trouble by his/her surroundings when we have this to look at! Such lovely calmness, oh yes Radek, calm indeed......


    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

  20. #6400
    Major General Reefgirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,122

    Default Re: Dr. Zelenka's Complete Translations and Thunk Thread

    The first 2 episodes of Torchwood are a little disappointing but it gets more interesting as it goes on

Page 320 of 927 FirstFirst ... 220270310317318319320321322323330370420820 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3366
    Last Post: August 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
  2. Lou Diamond Phillips/Colonel David Telford Thunk/Appreciation thread
    By Lt.Colonel John Sheppard in forum SGU Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: November 7th, 2010, 03:24 PM
  3. INTERVIEW: David Nykl ("Radek Zelenka")
    By GateWorld in forum GateWorld Features
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 6th, 2009, 05:44 AM
  4. INTERVIEWS: David Nykl (Radek Zelenka)
    By GateWorld in forum GateWorld Features
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 10th, 2007, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •