No announcement yet.

Westworld (HBO 2016) Series Starring Anthony Hopkins: Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were told to trim the cast, it was too big.

BTW that scene where Harris told the guy to shut up cos he was on holiday it wasn't a host but a human as he was wanting to thank MiB as his foundation had saved his sisters life.

Also if you've watched all of season two, and go back and watch it again, it's interesting to see where and when Tessa Thompson changes her acting style very subtly in certain scenes to, well, you know why, all I'll say is watch her eyes in relation to her head and compare that to, erm, well you know. When she plays herself, she moves here eyes with her head when looking, when she's erm, you know, she moves her eyes first, then her head. I never rated her as an actress in season one, she seemed the worst of the bunch, but actually she's grown on me in season two.

Regarding the cast, I think everybody in the forge won't be returning, the remainder will be.

Comment

Somebody said that she appeared with two different hairstyle in season 2 and that should have been the little clue if she was herself or the host version.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yeah the hair was slightly different too

Comment

Yep noticed that on my second watch, love the subtleties. I remember on my first watch noticing something that was strange but I was oblivious to everything until the end.

In regards of the cast size, I am absolutely not surprised. I mean they had a lot of big names and I can't even imagine the portion of the total budget that went into paying the salaries of big shots such as Hopkins and Harris.

Also read an article about the lady that plays Dolores, she complained that she wasn't paid as much as Hop and Har.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

They have got such a huge budget that I doubt the salaries are the problem. They advertised season 1 as the most expensive tv season of all time. It has cost 100 million dollar / 10 episodes because of the large sets and special effects.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              They have got such a huge budget that I doubt the salaries are the problem. They advertised season 1 as the most expensive tv season of all time. It has cost 100 million dollar / 10 episodes because of the large sets and special effects.
              That's insane, I guessed they had a big budget but that's just crazy.
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The WestWorld set has also burnt down in California.
                https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-set-...r-fire-2400886

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  That's insane, I guessed they had a big budget but that's just crazy.
                  That's comparable to the per-episode budget on Game of Thrones, and is the same per-episode that Lucasfilm is paying for their upcoming series The Mandalorian.

You're right though -- that's a ton of money.

The WestWorld set has also burnt down in California.
                  https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-set-...r-fire-2400886
                  Man, the production on this series really is cursed.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

SEASON 3 trailer
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deSUQ7mZfWk

Comment

Cannot. Flippin'. Wait.

(B*itch!)
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah. I have to admit in spite of my major disappointment and confusion about the season 2, I am still waiting for season 3.

Spoiler:
                        Can it be FutureWorld? Or is it the real outside world?

Comment

Yeah. I have to admit in spite of my major disappointment and confusion about the season 2, I am still waiting for season 3.

Spoiler:
                          Can it be FutureWorld? Or is it the real outside world?
                          What didn't you like about S02?
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I can't speak for Platschu, but for my part: while on the whole I still really enjoyed Season 2, I did also think that they spent way too long in Samurai World....only for it to mean absolutely nothing to the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I can't speak for Platschu, but for my part: while on the whole I still really enjoyed Season 2, I did also think that they spent way too long in Samurai World....only for it to mean absolutely nothing to the plot.
                              Yea that's right I forgot about this.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

I liked Samurai World, but then it was wrapped up to quickly. I have loved the Native Indian storyline too. But the whole backstory was so overcomplicated with the flashbacks and flashforwards. They have revived hosts just to throw them away again in the end. This whole digital copy then the host body switch plot was a bit too much for my taste as the whole story was chaotic and unfollowable even for my scifi veteran eyes who is generally open for timetravel and different timeline. Then they have even revealed that MIB's storyline and scenes were not even connected to the season 2 at all. His past and his family drama was interesting, but then the whole bunker part has ruined it for me. Brr...

About season 3...
                                Spoiler:
                                Somebody told me, what if the new guy is the young version of Ford?

Comment

Working...
                                X