Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Westworld (HBO 2016) Series Starring Anthony Hopkins: Discussion/Spoilers

Yeah. I have to admit in spite of my major disappointment and confusion about the season 2, I am still waiting for season 3.

Spoiler:
    Can it be FutureWorld? Or is it the real outside world?
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Default Re: Westworld (HBO 2016) Series Starring Anthony Hopkins: Discussion/Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Yeah. I have to admit in spite of my major disappointment and confusion about the season 2, I am still waiting for season 3.

Spoiler:
    Can it be FutureWorld? Or is it the real outside world?
    What didn't you like about S02?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

I can't speak for Platschu, but for my part: while on the whole I still really enjoyed Season 2, I did also think that they spent way too long in Samurai World....only for it to mean absolutely nothing to the plot.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I can't speak for Platschu, but for my part: while on the whole I still really enjoyed Season 2, I did also think that they spent way too long in Samurai World....only for it to mean absolutely nothing to the plot.
    Yea that's right I forgot about this.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

I liked Samurai World, but then it was wrapped up to quickly. I have loved the Native Indian storyline too. But the whole backstory was so overcomplicated with the flashbacks and flashforwards. They have revived hosts just to throw them away again in the end. This whole digital copy then the host body switch plot was a bit too much for my taste as the whole story was chaotic and unfollowable even for my scifi veteran eyes who is generally open for timetravel and different timeline. Then they have even revealed that MIB's storyline and scenes were not even connected to the season 2 at all. His past and his family drama was interesting, but then the whole bunker part has ruined it for me. Brr...

About season 3...
    Spoiler:
    Somebody told me, what if the new guy is the young version of Ford?
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633