No announcement yet.

Westworld (HBO 2016) Series Starring Anthony Hopkins: Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a good finale too. I didn't get all my questions answered. Season 2 will be sometime in 2018

Comment

I loved the season finale, I hate the long wait between seasons though. I wish this show had its own section, I hope it gets one by next season. I find it easier/better to talk about episodes that way.
      sigpic

Comment

So is Hopkins the first android in this show as the time frame they were in and show.
        As they said centuries and he was still alive. In some point Arthur lost he's son in 2018 and then dies 2022 and so on. Maze center was under ground as tips of the towns roofs were on the ground.
        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

There is nothing to indicate Ford was a droid.

Spoiler:

There were five time periods:

T1: Arnold death, town (Escelante) operational as training facility but park not open to public. Dolores first encouraged to find Maze by Arnold.

T2: +5 years, Escelante burried , Park open to public, William & Logan brotime, Dolores chasing Maze, William send Logan off deep end.

T3: +15 years, Ford has problems with hosts and misses his best friend, builds Arnold.

T4: +34 years, Williams wife dies, William murders Maeve and her daughter as self test, see's host (Maeve) awake for the first time since his first trip, discovered trick for awakening hosts is mental pain.

T5: +35 years, The New Narrative, Escelantee uncovered and reconstructed, MiB playing with Teddy and Dolores trying to get them to show him the maze and be able to fight back, Maeve awake again (under Ford control), Bernard realising he is a host, Dolores awakening again and finally kills Ford and the board this time of her own free will (even if you have free will, you can still bbe manipulated) Maeve awakens fully and defies 'infiltrate mainland' narrative to go rescue her daughter.

Ford is shown in all five time periods at various stages of aging.
          Last edited by Ian-S; 06 December 2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

remember,they don't use regular guns at the park.

Spoiler:
            regular guns can kill the hosts and guests, but the red guns can kill ONLY the hosts.

Comment

Season 2 official trailer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjVqDg32_8s

OMG OMG OMG. Can't wait to see it!
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I watched this recently and cannnot wait for season 2!

Comment

One episode in and already a whole load of questions... Missed this show!

Comment

I can do without a repeat of that scene again though lol

So my suspicions:
                    Spoiler:

3 timelines again, this time being told from Arnold/Bernard's perspective, I was tired so need to rewatch, but I swear "Bernard" at the end (where the Delos army are overlooking all the hosts dead in the lake) doesn't have the gunshot scaring on his right temple, but we know that is present day because the security bloke is there, so.... wtf, I'd even go as far as to say that is not the Bernard that is hauled up with Hale in the secret lab, and that guy is not the same guy we see in the opening scene, which I think is Arnold, not Bernard.

I think we'll find the Bernard at the end is a new "Bernold" rebuilt by someone wh shares both Arnold and Bernard's memories.

But I might be wrong
                    Last edited by Ian-S; 24 April 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

That scene?

Comment

Sizemore's dick.

Had a second watch last night and can confirm all my suspicions above

Spoiler:

Timeline 1:
                        Opening scene is Arnold and Doloris taking place in the secret lab under the Church, this is also filmed differently, in cinemascope rather than 16:9, indicated by the clothing and fade to/from black at beginning/end of scene.

Timeline 2:
                        The Bernard with Charlotte in the secret lab is the same Bernard that Ford instructed to kill himself in season one and was revived by Maive, indicated by the bullet scar on his right temple. This is also the same timeline of the board massacre and that Maive/Hecktor/Sizemore are in, along with bullets over sling Doloris, Teddy and kid killing MiB (this is the main storyline, as told from Bernard's perspective.

Timeline 3:
                        The "Mr Lowe" version of Bernard that wakes on the beech and is picked up by Stubbs before one of the Delos Army lot looks at her playing cards and sees his face (indicating he is a wanted host) is not not the same Bernard that we are seeing in timeline 2, either he is a rebuilt (cloned) Bernard, or an Arnold and everybody assumes he is Bernard, this is indicated because although he is wearing the same clothes as timeline 2 Bernard, most importantly he does not have the bullet wound scar on his right temple and doesn't seem to know where he has been for two weeks.

Some other stuff I noticed was that it appears the parks island is located in the South China Sea and the new narrative some of the hosts are on are one about getting to the new land (presumably mainland) whether that be China, or somewhere else?

They are being more subtle this year with their timeline changes too, when we glitch between Bernard's timelines, the pictur strobes black instead of fading, and as I surmised previously, this season is being told from Bernard's perspective, not Doloris's.

Comment

I agree with Ian. Not really need for that scene. But I really like the start of season 2. Lots of funny theories on reddit ...

Comment

That's one place I'm not venturing near until after the whole series has aired, then it'll be fun to compare notes afterwards. The second episode just reinforced my theories above, the only addition I have is

Spoiler:
                            that the hosts are not free at all, and simply following another narrative written by Ford, the only "freeness" they have is they are now self aware, but still not sentient. The only truly sentient self aware host is Maive. The new Narrative Ford wrote is the game William always wanted, and now it's a race between him and the hosts to get to the "great beyond" and use whatever is is to either destroy Westworld, or escape it.

I guess that scene had to be in there as it serves as an indicator for the role reversal between human/host and host/human this season, but they didn't need to linger on it for as long as they did.
                            Last edited by Ian-S; 05 May 2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Less than a 1 million viewers have left and I am not surprised. I love this show, but the writers have overcomplicated the second season with flashbacks, flashforwards, dream sequences. It is not a surprise that almost nobody can follow what is going on.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Uhhh I couldn’t disagree more. After the brilliance of how the first season teased and spooled out its mysteries, this second season has been embarrassingly simplistic by comparison. I still watch it, and I still enjoy it, but it’s a significant step down in complexity and storytelling, IMO.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X