Rebooting SGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebooting SGA

Lest say you are rebooting SGA, what would you change in general.
    Like new location of the city(other galaxy,planet, etc.), change main enemy(maybe Wraith looks more like us,maybe there ships aren't biological made,etc ), or maybe you like it, like it was.

the biggest change i'd make is ensure that they're isolated properly. Earth can maybe send supplies once a year because (insert reason) but there's no casual connection to Earth.

I would also ensure that the Daedalus would in stead be an Aurora or one of those smaller cruisers.

Comment

For me the 3 main things i would change..
      1) NO ASURANS!
      2) Wraith don't get dummed down over the 5 seasons like before
      3) We actually spend more time investigating the city of atlantis AND exploring more of the database..

Comment

My changes would be:
        1. - Bring back Carter! - She doesn't have to be leader though. I think it would be interesting to have her as a scientist under McKay's rein and see the battle between the two ensue. Should lead to fun banter and finally have a good pay off for their story arch between SG-1's beginnings. Another thought would be to have McKay become the leader of Atlantis and she'd become head of science?

2. - No more McKay/Keller/Dex! - Keller and McKay seemed to forced and came out of no where. I wouldn't mind if Dex and Keller got together after all the time Dex had alone as a runner, but I just think this triangle needs to settle and be done with.

3. - More Atlantis exploration and tech - Need more technology cenetered episodes. Perhaps a sentient Atlantis awoken?

4. - Back Story Eps - I want to see more of the history of the characters that made them all who they are. Not just little one liner mentions like McKay often does, but to actually see it. We already got a little bit for Sheppard and Dex. Let's see some more for the others.
        Last edited by Atlantisrulez; 08 October 2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

See TheKillman & garhkal's post and add the return of Elizabeth Weir.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

With the defeat of the Ori, we'd only need 1 ship in the MW, which should be the Odysseus, bc of the cloak. While keeping the other 4 ships in Pegasus with all the latest and greatest Asgard toys for destroying wraith ships

Comment

oh and I would like to know who the strange aliens were from an alternate universe that were attacking Atlantis in Deadelus Variations.

Comment

Heck, i wonder if they might have ended up being yet another new baddie, should the series have lasted 1-2 more seasons..

Comment

I am not inclined to complain about what was done, or reboot anything. I would simply want to continue the series "as is" on some logical trajectory.

Comment

Well,

I'd give the expedition a military, civilian and science leader (forming a kind of council) without the civilian leader just flat out outranking anybody (they are in hostile territory, so the military needs to have as much of a voice IMHO, same for science!)

I'd make I'd make Carter (with John being her second in command) the military leader (she's got the experience and she's not against science and diplomacy, so a good compromise! She is not bullheaded and stubborn to overwrite either scientific or diplomatic concerns just because she can!), McKay the science leader and I'd have Weir as civilian leader/chief diplomat (with the military being able to take command if it comes to dealing with inside and outside threats)

I'd give them a small ship (or two) in pieces to take along (like say a Goa'uld cargo ship)

After they've re-established a connection with Earth (I'd keep the basic-timeline, so after season 1 they get in contact with Earth again) I'd station a larger vessel in Pegasus permanently (gives them more options)

I'd go for more Ancient technology episodes (and research on the city itself...I mean I'd stop going through the gate - unless necessary - till the city has been searched top to bottom!)

I'd have more moral decisions turn out "the other way" (like say the team taking the potentia from the brotherhood by force)

I'd take along Goa'uld tech (Sam for example would get access to a hand-device and the expedition would have Staff-Weapons (even Staff-Cannons!) and Zats...not to mention a healing device and a sarcophagus (if used only in emergencies that thing is save after all!) and maybe even a cloaking device (to keep tabs on the Wraith via cloaked spies)...also containment shields (for research labs, but also as added security)...got one other: I'd ship some Kul-Warrior-Armor to Atlantis (firstly for McKay to tinker with and secondly to use as heavy assault-gear in case you really need to take a well defended enemy position!)) and maybe even a Tok'ra (or several!)

The Gate would get an Iris (why? The shield doesn't work without power, while an Iris can be closed MANUALLY!) and the Gate-Room would get fixed guns installed

I'd have McKay upgrade the Jumpers as soon as possible (the Jumper losses were quite high and mostly not because the team was careless, it's just that the Jumpers are quite the flawed craft if used for other things than transporting stuff and research)

I'd give them closer ties to the travelers (!) - some more of Ronon's gun would be nice after all - same for help when making new ships (the Travelers have unique knowledge because they've lived in space for that long!)

I'd have them look into those people that gave the other runner his teleportation-armband because they sound very advanced

Also: Atlantis itself would receive major upgrades (Asgard-Generators, so the the ZPMs aren’t needed anymore (best case scenario), Asgard-Beam- and Pulse-Weapons (in addition to railguns, also some SAM-Sites), Asgard-Beaming-Tech (having to rely on Jumpers, or the Daeduls (or another 304), when evacuating people from the main-land is lame if you have something better!), a ring-platform (if you use cargo-ships to run covert ops then having easy access might be a good ide) or several, some 302s dedicated to Atlantis itself (Jumpers aren’t fighters, 302s are!))…a dedicated cloak if possible (so no more “cloaking renders the shield inoperable”) etc. etc.

I'd have some more Pegasus-Asgard episodes

The Gate-Bridge would be reactivated (and secured better, so that when it's used Atlantis or Earth use subspace-com to radio ahead so that the iris is open on either end (talking about the midway-station and finally at the SGC or Atlantis!) and the ZPM would NOT be used to dial Earth (wasting ZPM-Power for that is stupid IMHO! If they really want or need that? Install an Asgard-Generator, we know that the Asgard could dial other galaxies easily after all!)

Well, that's it

Note: I'd like to keep the crew as is otherwise

greetings LAX
                    ps: Probably not going to happen (at least not for a while!)
                    pps: Anybody know what happened to the Tria? (I mean the Ancients probably didn’t blow up their ship after the Daedalus crew got them to Atlantis, did they?)…upgrading one of those ships sounds like a great idea, too (after all the Asgard came up with some stuff we haven’t seen the ancients use, like the convenient beaming-tech)
                    Last edited by Laxian of Earth; 23 December 2016, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X