Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do You Guys wish we could have seen & been exposed to on the Stargate TV Shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause Loki AND thor said "our bodies are not advanced enough to take their consciousnesses..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Cause Loki AND thor said "our bodies are not advanced enough to take their consciousnesses..
      Please provide evidence. I have looked myself. There is no mention if it is possible or not possible for Asgard to transfer their consciences in to a human brain.

On that note I am now thinking about if it would be possible or not to transfer an Asgard conscience in to a Ancient brain? Since they are advanced/super/more evloed humans.

Comment

IIRC it was in the ep fragile balance. Can't locate the quotes right now.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          IIRC it was in the ep fragile balance. Can't locate the quotes right now.
          I have read about that episode, which I also remember watching. It was Loki who took the real Jack O'Neill and sent a clone but failed to properly reach the correct maturity because the Asgard altered the real Jack O'Neill's DNA by placing a marker added as a security against illicit research like that conducted by Loki. There is mention about if the Asgard's can or cannot transfer there conscience in to a human brain. It only mentions about Jack's brain because he is further evolved then most humans, as evidence by having the Ancient repository download in to him for a while. Also because Asgard's bodies use to be like humans is there other reason why Loki was experimenting on humans. To solve the Asgard's own fatal cloning problem.

Comment

I do know this, what I meant with ancient level technology was as advanced, if not more so, I cannot recall whether Ori motherships were designed by pre-ascended Ori, or their ascended counterparts. If the latter, then it stands to reason that they were even more powerful than for say, an Aurora class warship. If the Ori motherships are the best the ascended beings could come up with using the infinite knowledge of the infinite universe, then is there an advancement roof for technology? As advanced as they are, you would think that something made by ascended beings could kick our prehistoric ships in comparison.
            Maybe they didn't consider us too big of a challenge to devote alot of effort into, though them knowing our galaxy holds the remnants of the ancients, maybe they should have.

Comment

Originally posted by StarGoat View Post
              I do know this, what I meant with ancient level technology was as advanced, if not more so, I cannot recall whether Ori motherships were designed by pre-ascended Ori, or their ascended counterparts. If the latter, then it stands to reason that they were even more powerful than for say, an Aurora class warship. If the Ori motherships are the best the ascended beings could come up with using the infinite knowledge of the infinite universe, then is there an advancement roof for technology? As advanced as they are, you would think that something made by ascended beings could kick our prehistoric ships in comparison.
              Maybe they didn't consider us too big of a challenge to devote alot of effort into, though them knowing our galaxy holds the remnants of the ancients, maybe they should have.
              The Ori ships where designed by the Ori, who are ascended, and built by their followers and Priors. Being ascended does not mean you have infinite knowledge, http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Ascension. It has been mentioned by Ascended Daniel when he was talking to Jack O'Neill in the lift. In the episode Full Circle. The Atlanteans ships are very powerful but I am not sure if they are more, equal or less powerful than the Ori ships. The drone weapons apparently are powerful enough to stop Ori ships. It was mentioned in the episode The Road Not Taken.

Comment

nd just cause you HAVE that knowledge, does not mean the medieval people you teach it to can all of a sudden build TO that level, especially if the materials needed is not there!
                Remember Icon.

Comment

Would of been good to see if they combined Naquahdah, Naquadria and may be a third part or something completely different to make it stable.

I was thinking today. If the pre cloned - Asgard ascended how come they did not at least try to help the modern Asgard ascended in some way without breaking the ascended rules? or the modern Asgard create human bodies and download their minds in to those bodies then ascend if they wanted to or clone bodies from the Ancient Asgard that left their home world 30,000 years ago. After the episode Revelations, there is not mention of the 30,000 year old Asgard.
                  Last edited by Raj_2006; 04 February 2017, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Mike David View Post
                    Hey Yall!

So, general forum rules apply! Be nice, act like adults, and be respectful. The last thing we want is momma bear Skydiver to swoop in and kick whose ever rear is out of line. Because she totally will! Lol.

Now onto the topic at hand! As you all can tell from the title from the thread, the main discussion here is, "What do You Guys wish we could have seen & been exposed to on the Stargate TV Shows?"

I for one, wish we could have seen more in depth interaction with advanced planetary cultures and civilizations. I also wish we could have been shown more interstellar relations between the Tau'ri government and foreign planetary polities. I'm really down that the show's producers & writers never examined their own universe very closely that they had created. For if they had only delved into and explored the numerous opportunities that their universe had presented to them more seriously, then they could have brought forth into fruition incredible storylines and other numerous lore details that could have benefited the entire franchise, you know what I mean?

Anyways, I'd like to hear what you guys have to share. So please, comment away!
                    Hi Y'all,

First time here. First post.

I like your idea of exploring the almost Babylon 5 type political structure.

It would have made the SG1 universe fuller. That said, I wish they'd been able to go longer or at least TV mini series.

Doug vV

Comment

Foir SGA I would have liked to have the Atlantis team find a way for a treatment that makes Wraith able to remain what they are, just with another way of eating, so they could have chosen to be treated and live in peace. Because I am sure some Wraith were sure sick of being hunted by humans as the humans were of being food.

Oh and that we would have known more about the Wraith the Atlantis team had contact with, like about Todd if he had a family or about Michael what he has done as an "occupation", if there is something like that for Wraith. To know more about Wraith culture maybe even, as we have about the Goa'uld.

Comment

Hi,

I've dug thought this long thread and there's a lot of good ideas.

Unfortunately non-human life forms were expensive in 1997 and a weekly TV show could not have supported it.

SG1 was lucky enough to get itself established (having orders for 88 episodes - 4 years - within about 6 months of its debue. SGA and SGA did not have that luck (IIRC) and so in-depth development was not easy with only 22 episodes. Within the straight jacketed annual renewal, SGA and SGU did quite well.

SGA seemed to have been left hanging in the Milky Way when (to me) it seemed that it was a pit stop only and a return to Pegasus was intended for season 6. What a missed opportunity. My wish would have been to return Atlantis to another Galaxy with a Babylon 5 type of atmosphere (Weir's diplomatic skills would have worked well) of various races being a contentious and cooperative at the same time. I always like the secret mission styles that were spun by Mission Impossible, preWWII, and the Cold War.

Lots of possible spy thrillers that open war could result from a failed mission. 007 for sure.

I would like a SGC based series in a third galaxy where Earth is challenged sort of like Star Wars (very loosely) with lots of plots and sub-plots with others of roughly similar capabilities.

Doug vV

Comment

Working...
                        X