Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do You Guys wish we could have seen & been exposed to on the Stargate TV Shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do You Guys wish we could have seen & been exposed to on the Stargate TV Shows?

Hey Yall!

So, general forum rules apply! Be nice, act like adults, and be respectful. The last thing we want is momma bear Skydiver to swoop in and kick whose ever rear is out of line. Because she totally will! Lol.

Now onto the topic at hand! As you all can tell from the title from the thread, the main discussion here is, "What do You Guys wish we could have seen & been exposed to on the Stargate TV Shows?"

I for one, wish we could have seen more in depth interaction with advanced planetary cultures and civilizations. I also wish we could have been shown more interstellar relations between the Tau'ri government and foreign planetary polities. I'm really down that the show's producers & writers never examined their own universe very closely that they had created. For if they had only delved into and explored the numerous opportunities that their universe had presented to them more seriously, then they could have brought forth into fruition incredible storylines and other numerous lore details that could have benefited the entire franchise, you know what I mean?

Anyways, I'd like to hear what you guys have to share. So please, comment away!
    sigpic
    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

I wish the ori had been replaced by a (proper) lucian alliance. In stead of fighting gods, we're fighting people like us: other advanced earth-like worlds that are now trying to grab their little share of power. Jaffa and Goa'uld that work together because as war criminals, neither have a real future.

Comment

Well, a more competent enemy would be nice. The jaffa were just inept at times.

Ok, fine.
      Alien animals would be a nice thing to see. I am getting flashes to minecraft or mass effect where you land on a new planet/biome and you see some fancy alien animal that you just want to watch for the next hour. We got a bug and a mutated monkey but that's just about it in SG1. And we only got a space whale in atlantis (so T-rex was never on screen). Universe did a better job with alien animals.

More depth into jaffa warfare. We have several types of firearms each fullfilling a role. The jaffa have a stick and a zat and armor that made to look not do. Same with the wraith, a stunner and its pistol form They should've had more in terms of technology. They could've had a spear weapon used by sharpshooters to pick of enemies even longer range than the staff. Humans don't use shields as much any more since modern ballistic shields are really heavy but jaffa are stronger. Maybe they could do staff and shield. Same with the wraith. We see they have grenades but we don't see them used. Maybe they could have a stun grenade (and I'm not talking about that giant orb that rolled into the sgc. I'm talking about something they could chuck into a room and stun groups at once with no threat to themselves.

Just some stuff.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I wish the idea of Dakara had been introduced sooner. Ideally, years before. It would've made its capture in Reckoning far more emotionally and thematically satisfying if it had been a long built to that triumph.

I wish Atlantis had done a better job of demonstrating the Wraith's defeat of the Lanteans in Pegasus. Rationally I understand the numbers-like-locusts reasoning we got, but it could've been better illustrated on the show. Some pretty VFX sequences of the Lanteans getting their butts handed to them, or even if the The Return Lanteans had shown shellshock over losing their home. I would have really liked to have seen that, or if SGA had had the opportunity to do so in future seasons.

I know, that's not really in the spirit of what you were asking. As to that...

I wish the Ori run had been given a fair shake. I enjoyed the two seasons we got, and Ark of Truth, but Ark of Truth was so obviously at least a season's worth of story crammed into 90 minutes that it made me pine for something more.

I wish SG-1 had treated the Lucian Alliance story with the gravity and seriousness that SGU ended up doing, instead of the ludicrous cartoon villains we got. It might also have been nice if we'd been able to see an 'arms race' between us and them that led directly into SGU. Then the Lucian Alliance episodes we got on SGU--which I still thoroughly enjoyed--would've had the extra oomph of having been built up significantly beforehand.

I would've liked to have seen Ancient/Lantean manufacturing facilities; where the gates were constructed, ZPMs, the shipyards where their battlecruisers were built, that sort of thing. It needn't have even overpowered the show at present, I would have been satisfied with flashbacks showing such facilities in their prime before returning to their ruins in our present.

I wish Atlantis had had the chance to run a little longer. God knows I had my (many) complaints about the show, but to leave threads like the Wraith and Todd unresolved, to tease us with the evil Asgard and the mysterious adversary of The Daedalus Variations...it makes me sad that these stories never had the chance to be explored.

I think it would've been interesting to find out Destiny actually had an Alteran crew, and that they were markedly different from any of their kind we'd ever seen before.

I wish SGU had been given the chance to explore its myriad unresolved stories and mysteries. I don't need (or even want) everything to be explained in excruciating detail, not the way SGA did, but time to explore its stories would've been wonderful.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          I wish the ori had been replaced by a (proper) lucian alliance. In stead of fighting gods, we're fighting people like us: other advanced earth-like worlds that are now trying to grab their little share of power. Jaffa and Goa'uld that work together because as war criminals, neither have a real future.
          Gosh, you and I are both on point with that same opinion in regards to the Lucian Alliance bro.

I also agree with your point about the Jaffa and Goa'uld. We saw a constant struggle between the two species in which the victory ended up falling into the hands of the Jaffa through the help of both the Tau'ri and the Tok'ra. We could have also ended up being exposed to an alternate reality where the Jaffa have become oppressive and domineering against other planetary civilizations and cultures much like how the Goa'uld were themselves.

We've got to remember that the Jaffa, as an entire race, have been indoctrinated by the Goa'uld for thousands of years and have had their entire psyche conditioned by their overlords for countless generations to make them believe that they are superior to all other races except the Goa'uld. Such conditioning and brainwashing would take many years to be completely eradicated by the Free Jaffa Nation authorities. But that's if the FJN government had any interest in the first place to eradicate such conditioning. Maybe it benefits the Jaffa people as a society and species to feel as though they are superior to all other races including the Goa'uld now, seeing as they managed to bring about their downfall through the help of the Tau'ri.
          It begs the question, "Would you prefer you people to feel superior to all other races? Or feel as though they are less?" Remember, this is a race of people who have been slaves since their conception and have been used as fodder by their former "gods".

I personally feel that such a superiority complex by the Jaffa would end up causing a lot of internal bickering amongst the vast myraid Jaffa societies that were established by their former, respective overlords. This point would be great for a plot piece relating specifically to the FJN.
          sigpic
          You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
            True. It made sense for earlier seasons (else earth just gets it's butt kicked and the show is over) but for later series, a more serious and competent enemy would've made more sense.

Alien animals would be a nice thing to see.
            Mostly a budget thing. Nowadays CGI is so cheap that even cars and animals are being faked on a regular basis, but that wasn't the case for SG1/A. Still, a newer series can definitely do this.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I wish the idea of Dakara had been introduced sooner. Ideally, years before. It would've made its capture in Reckoning far more emotionally and thematically satisfying if it had been a long built to that triumph.
            mmm, never thought about that one. Good point. Would've been cool if this was the seat of some holy order within the Goa'uld ranks that tried to keep Dakara neutral in all this to maintain the Goa'ulds position of power.

I wish Atlantis had done a better job of demonstrating the Wraith's defeat of the Lanteans in Pegasus.
            They shot themselves in the foot, repeatedly, with this.

I wish SGU had been given the chance to explore its myriad unresolved stories and mysteries. I don't need (or even want) everything to be explained in excruciating detail, not the way SGA did, but time to explore its stories would've been wonderful.
            True, it's still one of the biggest and most annoying cliffhangers ever. Aliens? Descendants? Planetbuilders? I liked how SGU was more like early SG1 in it's mysteries.

Originally posted by Major Mike David View Post

I personally feel that such a superiority complex by the Jaffa would end up causing a lot of internal bickering amongst the vast myraid Jaffa societies that were established by their former, respective overlords. This point would be great for a plot piece relating specifically to the FJN.
            Well there's the obvious question of "why would every Jaffa think and feel the same?"

Quite a few jaffa may feel happy that Earth helped them, but every jaffa? no. We saw how much trouble Teal'c had with his past. How many jaffa have so much blood on their hands that nobody will forgive them? That they're criminals even to the Jaffa? It'll be tough for the Jaffa to be accepted in the world. Look at WWII and you can still see the lines that conflict drew. This 5000 year dynasty of oppression? It'll dictate galactic politics and power for millennia.

So, some jaffa may think that they did nothing wrong, that Earth got power the same way they did: through force. They won't be happy they're on trial for that.

Some Goa'uld may not be so egoistical that they can't see they're screwed, strike a deal with their former slaves and/or Jaffa and work as an alliance of people with no place.

Some Goa'uld may sell out their knowledge to lesser planets and form new pockets of power through indirect control. Imagine the political difficulty of accusing the other world leaders of being a Goa'uld.

In short, the post-Goa'uld era could've been a really cool source of many stories. There was IMHO no need for the Ori.

Comment

For starters, plan out SGA's story more thoroughly. Build on the already established Stargate mythology from SG-1 and actually build the Wraith into it. Reveal that someone already made a version of the Wraith conversion drug before Beckett did it and that the Wraith are actually the pegasus version of the human mankind. Also, build on that scene where Sheppard finds Teyla's amulet. Have the show reveal more of the Athosians backstory as well, including the fact that some Athosians have naturally inherited the Wraith gene and some were artificially infused with it. Connect all of that with Teyla's family's past and have her father be still alive and revealed to be an Athosian who betrayed his own people and went on to become a Wraith worshiper and than an actual Wraith who went back and fourth between human and Wraith form for a couple of times. Have Hollan finally reveal the truth to Teyla and to the Atlantis expedition. Here's where the Coalition of Planets would be revealed and instead of that stupid kidnapping/trial episode, we could actually see the coalition and the expedition working together from the start and the show would end with a peace treaty: in order for piece to return to the Pegasus Galaxy, the Wraith must take Hoffan's drug (a modified version) to get rid of their feeding abilities, thus staying the dominant race in the PG, while the Atlantis expedition is allowed to continue exploring the galaxy under Coalition's rules. Teyla decides to stay with the expedition, which finds out that the Wraith aren't a creation of the Ancients, but a natural creation of the Pegasus Galaxy. Show more of Atlantis, like labs, facilities, corridors, living quarters, more of the city's exterior. Scrap the Replicator story and keep Wier as a recurring character for the last 2 seasons - she is transferred to another position by the IOA so she can lead Atlantis better. Have Sheppard be promoted to the leader of the expedition, scrap Carter and Woolsey. Have Beckett be critically injured in "Sunday" and put into a stasis pod. Still bring on Jenifer Keller, but have eventually her and Beckett working together in season 4. That or scrap the clone stuff or explain that in "Sunday", it's Beckett's clone that came back and just have the real Beckett resume his life. Do more episodes involving the Genii, who eventually learn they can't do battel against the Wraith without the Atlantis expedition and the two forces become allies.

SG-1: Just do a season 11 and finish the Ori storyline properly. Conclude the show with "Continuum" and the planned "Revolution" movies.

SG-U: Set it about 10 years after SGA, but keep the rest pretty much the same, except find a way to fuse the character focus into Destiny's mythology. Actually tie a part of the ship - or an object on it - to a crew member. And have the Stargate program become more of an international thing on Earth so it's easier to bring all the fractions of the Lucian Alliance down once and for all.

Comment

Yes, absolutely. I completely agree with you man.

Ok, fine.
                Alien animals would be a nice thing to see. I am getting flashes to minecraft or mass effect where you land on a new planet/biome and you see some fancy alien animal that you just want to watch for the next hour. We got a bug and a mutated monkey but that's just about it in SG1. And we only got a space whale in atlantis (so T-rex was never on screen). Universe did a better job with alien animals.
                Lol, the lack of alien animals really pissed me off. Especially how when they did introduce an animal, it would look like a lifeform from Earth. Too bad we didn't get to see any planets where the fauna were massive like dinosaur-like animals, lol. I can see an SG team running for their life through the Stargate.

More depth into jaffa warfare. We have several types of firearms each fullfilling a role. The jaffa have a stick and a zat and armor that made to look not do. Same with the wraith, a stunner and its pistol form They should've had more in terms of technology. They could've had a spear weapon used by sharpshooters to pick of enemies even longer range than the staff. Humans don't use shields as much any more since modern ballistic shields are really heavy but jaffa are stronger. Maybe they could do staff and shield. Same with the wraith. We see they have grenades but we don't see them used. Maybe they could have a stun grenade (and I'm not talking about that giant orb that rolled into the sgc. I'm talking about something they could chuck into a room and stun groups at once with no threat to themselves.
                Just some stuff.
                Yea, the writers and producers made things "convenient" and "cheap" as possible for the show. That way they didn't need to keep making new props and so on and so forth. Hence 1 of the reasons why we rarely ever got a look at different Jaffa weapons and armor. I can certainly see a shield being apart of a Jaffa's defensive gear. Again, the writers and producers were lazy and didn't want the Wraith to always be smart in every episode we had see them. If the Wraith are as smart as they say they are and as we are led to believe, then why didn't the Wraith ever use Wraith Darts to make low flybys toward human settlements and beam around populated areas of villages, towns and cities Wraith soldiers carrying Wraith Stun Bombs that they would then activate to stun entire blocks of citizens living in the settlement? Why? Well because the writers and producers were being "convenient" and didn't quite think "strategically".

AMEN. FINALLY. Someone who gets it!

I wish Atlantis had done a better job of demonstrating the Wraith's defeat of the Lanteans in Pegasus. Rationally I understand the numbers-like-locusts reasoning we got, but it could've been better illustrated on the show. Some pretty VFX sequences of the Lanteans getting their butts handed to them, or even if the The Return Lanteans had shown shellshock over losing their home. I would have really liked to have seen that, or if SGA had had the opportunity to do so in future seasons.
                Oh don't even get me started Digi. I think the vast majority of fans are pretty much in agreement with you that the writers and producers were lazy with the Lantean-Wraith war storyline. And their laziness was made even more apparent when they decided to bring in the replicators... *cough* Asurans *cough*...

I know, that's not really in the spirit of what you were asking. As to that...
                Nope, you're fine bro, no worries mate.

I wish the Ori run had been given a fair shake. I enjoyed the two seasons we got, and Ark of Truth, but Ark of Truth was so obviously at least a season's worth of story crammed into 90 minutes that it made me pine for something more.
                The Ori COULD have been fun, but they weren't. Sometimes I like to pretend that the Ori never happened in the show and instead I wished we had been given more of attention to the internal happenings and struggles of the Milky Way Galaxy. BUTTT NOOO... the producers and writers thought that it was wise to bring in another GALAXY worth of civilizations.... Like we didn't already have enough to build off in the MW galaxy.

I wish SG-1 had treated the Lucian Alliance story with the gravity and seriousness that SGU ended up doing, instead of the ludicrous cartoon villains we got. It might also have been nice if we'd been able to see an 'arms race' between us and them that led directly into SGU. Then the Lucian Alliance episodes we got on SGU--which I still thoroughly enjoyed--would've had the extra oomph of having been built up significantly beforehand.
                Gosh, the show's creators nailed the deadly persona and criminal nature of the Lucian Alliance in SGU that we ended up getting exposed to you know? I was yelling at my monitor the day I saw the LA take over half the Destiny like a bunch of badarses saying, "Where the h3ll was this Lucian Alliance in SG-1!? WHERE!?!" Lol. The LA should've been our main enemy in SG-1 seasons 9 and 10.

I would've liked to have seen Ancient/Lantean manufacturing facilities; where the gates were constructed, ZPMs, the shipyards where their battlecruisers were built, that sort of thing. It needn't have even overpowered the show at present, I would have been satisfied with flashbacks showing such facilities in their prime before returning to their ruins in our present.
                Agreed. Couldn't stand constantly seeing stupid villages episode after episode...

I wish Atlantis had had the chance to run a little longer. God knows I had my (many) complaints about the show, but to leave threads like the Wraith and Todd unresolved, to tease us with the evil Asgard and the mysterious adversary of The Daedalus Variations...it makes me sad that these stories never had the chance to be explored.
                Yup, I agree here also bro. Stargate Atlantis: Homecoming by Jo Graham and Melissa Scott, wasn't any better either in handling the Wraith storyline... including its sequels...

The Daedalus Variations aliens are something I fully intend to explore in my own stargate series I've been working on VERY SLOWLY these past few years on and off, haha.

I think it would've been interesting to find out Destiny actually had an Alteran crew, and that they were markedly different from any of their kind we'd ever seen before.
                Dude, have you been reading my stargate story on my computer???....

Amen to this man.
                sigpic

Comment

Something that i never truly understood were the timescales involved in Stargate history. The ancients are 50 million years old, but they pretty much stayed the same throughout. I don't understand why they went with such lengthy timescales if they had no intention of using it for actual plot purposes. The entire Ancient history could fit in a couple of thousand years.

Comment

Something that i never truly understood were the timescales involved in Stargate history. The ancients are 50 million years old, but they pretty much stayed the same throughout. I don't understand why they went with such lengthy timescales if they had no intention of using it for actual plot purposes. The entire Ancient history could fit in a couple of thousand years.
                    Haha, glad I'm not the only one that has taken the time to think about such an odd problem on the part of the writers... eh, I guess it is what it is you know? Would have been nice if the writers had taken the time and fleshed out the timeline more efficiently.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think at least some of it was down to not having anybody on staff to 'police' continuity. The writers on this franchise had a lot of freedom--which is certainly nice for them--but longer-term it leads to exactly the kind of issue you're talking about.

It would have been nice (and I would have loved to have read, later on) if there had been a basic continuity 'bible' for the franchise that was required reading for anybody who was hired to write an episode.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think at least some of it was down to not having anybody on staff to 'police' continuity. The writers on this franchise had a lot of freedom--which is certainly nice for them--but longer-term it leads to exactly the kind of issue you're talking about.

It would have been nice (and I would have loved to have read, later on) if there had been a basic continuity 'bible' for the franchise that was required reading for anybody who was hired to write an episode.
                        Agreed. It would've certainly helped to have a "Canon Overseer" to review and write off continuity errors in scripts.

A MASSIVE lore "bible" or "encyclopedia" for the franchise would've definitely benefited anyone being hired and assigned to write one or more episodes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                          For starters, plan out SGA's story more thoroughly. Build on the already established Stargate mythology from SG-1 and actually build the Wraith into it. Reveal that someone already made a version of the Wraith conversion drug before Beckett did it and that the Wraith are actually the pegasus version of the human mankind.
                          I concur. Interesting thought mate on the retrovirus. Wraith as the Pegasus' version of "humankind"... I'm not sure about that one, but it could probably work...

Also, build on that scene where Sheppard finds Teyla's amulet. Have the show reveal more of the Athosians backstory as well, including the fact that some Athosians have naturally inherited the Wraith gene and some were artificially infused with it.
                          Yup, for sure. That scene was really wasted with worthless dialogue that could've filled us in on key details that we ended up finding out later either the hard way or inconveniently. Sometimes both ways.

Connect all of that with Teyla's family's past and have her father be still alive and revealed to be an Athosian who betrayed his own people and went on to become a Wraith worshiper and than an actual Wraith who went back and fourth between human and Wraith form for a couple of times. Have Hollan finally reveal the truth to Teyla and to the Atlantis expedition.
                          I like the betrayal idea, but not the switching back and forth between human and Wraith forms... And Hollan probably would be the one to know anything about such a betrayal and be the one to tell Teyla and the Expedition's governing body.

Here's where the Coalition of Planets would be revealed and instead of that stupid kidnapping/trial episode, we could actually see the coalition and the expedition working together from the start and the show would end with a peace treaty: in order for piece to return to the Pegasus Galaxy, the Wraith must take Hoffan's drug (a modified version) to get rid of their feeding abilities, thus staying the dominant race in the PG, while the Atlantis expedition is allowed to continue exploring the galaxy under Coalition's rules.
                          I like where you're going with that bro. I personally would do it a little differently, but I definitely think that if the Wraith were defeated and backed into a corner they couldn't get out of and forced to bargain for their lives, they could "possibly" take the Hoffan's modified drug, but there is also always the plot of the Wraith completely refusing to take such drug, or maybe even just a faction of Wraith in the greater body, and instead decide to either flee to the ends of the galaxy, the galaxy itself OR make a last ditch effort to fight for their own survival or take out as much of humanity as possible before they are made to obey Humanity or are driven to extinction.

And yea, the kidnapping/trial episode REALLY WAS stupid...

Teyla decides to stay with the expedition, which finds out that the Wraith aren't a creation of the Ancients, but a natural creation of the Pegasus Galaxy.
                          Show more of Atlantis, like labs, facilities, corridors, living quarters, more of the city's exterior.
                          Not sure with the former thought, but I agree with the latter thought.

Scrap the Replicator story and keep Wier as a recurring character for the last 2 seasons - she is transferred to another position by the IOA so she can lead Atlantis better.
                          Hated the Replicator storyline... it was such a completely cheap way to reuse a major baddie instead of creating an original race. They should've introduced the Daedalus Variations alien race that they showed us in the alternate reality. They did the SAME STUPID THING in SG-1 where the good guys FINALLY defeat the Goa'uld who have pretended to be "gods" for thousands of years to only end up fighting another freaking retarded race that call themselves "gods" too! I.E. THE ORI! ARGHH! Freaking staff Writers!

Have Sheppard be promoted to the leader of the expedition, scrap Carter and Woolsey.
                          That wouldn't fly. As much as we all wished that it could've been possible, it would've never happened.

In my own Stargate series, I intend to show the *ACTUAL* way of how military & civilian organizations and authority figures work together. I'm former military, so I know a thing or too.

Have Beckett be critically injured in "Sunday" and put into a stasis pod. Still bring on Jenifer Keller, but have eventually her and Beckett working together in season 4. That or scrap the clone stuff or explain that in "Sunday", it's Beckett's clone that came back and just have the real Beckett resume his life.
                          Ehh... nah... to tell you the truth I prefer the canon storyline...

Do more episodes involving the Genii, who eventually learn they can't do battle against the Wraith without the Atlantis expedition and the two forces become allies.
                          Yes, finally, someone who gets it.

SG-1: Just do a season 11 and finish the Ori storyline properly.
                          YUP!

Conclude the show with "Continuum" and the planned "Revolution" movies.
                          Yes to Continuum. Not sure about Revolution, seeing as we really didn't get any details about the story other than that it was going to start Jack O'Neill.

SG-U: Set it about 10 years after SGA, but keep the rest pretty much the same, except find a way to fuse the character focus into Destiny's mythology.
                          To be totally honest with you. I hated the entire premise and setup of SGU. They could've done SO MUCH BETTER. There were so many times I felt I was watching BSG...

I do think you're right about the focusing the character elements of individuals into Destiny's mythology. But IMHO I think 10 years is WAY to far ahead in the future.

Actually tie a part of the ship - or an object on it - to a crew member. And have the Stargate program become more of an international thing on Earth so it's easier to bring all the fractions of the Lucian Alliance down once and for all.
                          Eh, maybe. But I would've expected the Stargate Program, the IOA and everything else to be disclosed to the world by at least Year 2012.
                          sigpic

Comment

I concur. Interesting thought mate on the retrovirus. Wraith as the Pegasus' version of "humankind"... I'm not sure about that one, but it could probably work...
                            SGA was supposed to be an adventure to a different galaxy, with different dangers and problems. I just think it's unrealistic to just have humans in every Galaxy on every damn planet (at least in a TV show). Plus it'd be an interesting concept to explore in a spin-off of a decade-long TV series that's a spin-off of a movie.

Yup, for sure. That scene was really wasted with worthless dialogue that could've filled us in on key details that we ended up finding out later either the hard way or inconveniently. Sometimes both ways.

I like the betrayal idea, but not the switching back and forth between human and Wraith forms... And Hollan probably would be the one to know anything about such a betrayal and be the one to tell Teyla and the Expedition's governing body.
                            Unless he was blackmailed by someone or something or better yet, remember that episode where that old Athosian woman died and asked Teyla to do the ceremony? Hollan could have been brought into a corner by her when she made him promise her that he won't tell anyone the truth (either by her or another Athosian that knew the truth and took it to his grave).

I like where you're going with that bro. I personally would do it a little differently, but I definitely think that if the Wraith were defeated and backed into a corner they couldn't get out of and forced to bargain for their lives, they could "possibly" take the Hoffan's modified drug, but there is also always the plot of the Wraith completely refusing to take such drug, or maybe even just a faction of Wraith in the greater body, and instead decide to either flee to the ends of the galaxy, the galaxy itself OR make a last ditch effort to fight for their own survival or take out as much of humanity as possible before they are made to obey Humanity or are driven to extinction.

And yea, the kidnapping/trial episode REALLY WAS stupid...
                            They could have done it better if they were decided to do it in the first place. Some lead-in, story-wise, could have been done. But no. Writers just love clip-shows.

Not sure with the former thought, but I agree with the latter thought.
                            What if the Rathius bug (or whatever it's called) wasn't the only spicies needed for the initial creation of the Wraith? What if there was another speices involved, one that is specific to the Pegasus Galaxy and one that can't survive in other Galaxies?

Hated the Replicator storyline... it was such a completely cheap way to reuse a major baddie instead of creating an original race. They should've introduced the Daedalus Variations alien race that they showed us in the alternate reality. They did the SAME STUPID THING in SG-1 where the good guys FINALLY defeat the Goa'uld who have pretended to be "gods" for thousands of years to only end up fighting another freaking retarded race that call themselves "gods" too! I.E. THE ORI! ARGHH! Freaking staff Writers!

I actually read somewhere that the Replicators should have been the main villains for SGA, but that got scrapped when MGM/Syfy wanted SG-1 and SGA to be produced and aired at the same time for 3 years in a row. So they were brought into a corner because of just 20 episodes a year, they had to do 40 instead. That's 120 episodes altogether, instead of just 60 in three years.

That wouldn't fly. As much as we all wished that it could've been possible, it would've never happened.
                            In my own Stargate series, I intend to show the *ACTUAL* way of how military & civilian organizations and authority figures work together. I'm former military, so I know a thing or too.
                            I see. It was just a nice thought anyway.

Ehh... nah... to tell you the truth I prefer the canon storyline...
                            I agree with you to some extent - the actual storyline was good, but they should've done it without the clone stuff. Having Beckett deal with the fact that his family and his friends and neighbors back on Earth think he's dead could result into an interesting storyline.

Yes, finally, someone who gets it.
                            To be honest, Genii were just wasted villains/allies. I just can see both sides working together and discovering new things about PG and Atlantis.

YUP!

Yes to Continuum. Not sure about Revolution, seeing as we really didn't get any details about the story other than that it was going to start Jack O'Neill.
                            I'd just set it about 2-3 years after the conclusion of the Ori storyline (SG-1 wise) and during SGA. Having said that...

To be totally honest with you. I hated the entire premise and setup of SGU. They could've done SO MUCH BETTER. There were so many times I felt I was watching BSG...

I do think you're right about the focusing the character elements of individuals into Destiny's mythology. But IMHO I think 10 years is WAY to far ahead in the future.
                            What if actually SG-1 lasted 12 seasons? That way, not only the Ori storyline would be properly concluded, but they could end SG-1 with setting up the Lucian Alliance for a bigger storyline, instead of making them cartoonish. Of course, it would require Atlantis to have more than 5 seasons. Like show LA becoming a more powerful enemy by having them try to take control of the city, but somehow, SG-1 finds Sheppard's and a few other SG teams on different planets, locked out from Atlantis from some reason. They pick up everyone and explain that the LA has been planning the takeover of the SGC too before it closed down so the new Stargate Homeworld base could officially begin its operations, but that they managed to stop its leaders, but that the rest got trough the gate and were able to ambush everyone in the city. A perfect opportunity for a true & full SGA/SG-1 crossover that eventually hints towards SGU and sets up - like I said - the Lucian Alliance for a greater storyline.

Basically, if Atlantis would've lasted 10 seasons, that means SG-1 would end after its 5th, then it would have been 5 years of just SGA, then at the end of the final episode, have someone mention Icarus and the 9th chevron. In the meantime, have "Revolution" happen anyway, so at least the final 2-3 SGA's seasons would take place after it so we could see all the nations on Earth coming together. Then, due to the already high complexity of the program, the IOA temporarily steps down from the Icarus project and cancels it, much to Daniel's, Sam's, McKay's and Zelenka's objections (something that's later addressed in SGU). Anyway, 10 years after the Atlantis mission, the 4 finally get trough the new IOA's leadership and the Icarus project is uncanceled. From there, everything takes place the way I mentioned in my previous post.

h, maybe. But I would've expected the Stargate Program, the IOA and everything else to be disclosed to the world by at least Year 2012.
                            If we'd get to still watch SGA, then by 2012, it'd be in its 8th season. So if "Revolution" would be set to take place during that season, it'd be interesting how everyone in Atlantis would be affected by the disclosure.
                            Last edited by Mnikolic; 11 October 2016, 01:50 PM.

Comment

For wishful thinging I wish more was done with the ancients, there was the start ie gatebuilders ect, there was buildup with daniel and acension, but no real pay off. It was always a single ancient or fake ancients ie replicators, even a couple episodes would have been cool. Even if just to resolve the wraith war better. i feel like we got the carrot and stick to often and never got the payoff. Imagine if some remaining ancients had showed up with a bunch of battlecrusiers or a couple atlantis type city ships. Could have helped out the end of SGA a lot and a more logical direction. come on ancients help a desendant out a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X