This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegas

This whole alternate universe version of Sheppard who was discharged from the air force for defying orders don't make sense to me. Considering that McKay told John "I once met another version of you...." etc., etc. I'm guessing from Dr. McKay and Mrs. Miller when McKay opened the matter bridge. Since that's the only time there 2 McKay's on Atlantis that is. The alternate McKay in that episode said that "his" John was big into the Mensa club they had. So somebody explain this to me, if you can.

They didn't meet our universe. They met another john from another universe.

EDIT: Mind you, our sheppard was -> <- this close from being that sheppard in Rising (if the timing of Beckett sitting in the chair was even slightly off, he'd never have seen the Ancient superweapon)

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      They didn't meet our universe. They met another john from another universe.

EDIT: Mind you, our sheppard was -> <- this close from being that sheppard in Rising (if the timing of Beckett sitting in the chair was even slightly off, he'd never have seen the Ancient superweapon)
      You got proof to back that up?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
        You got proof to back that up?
        Which one?

In Rising Sheppard was stuck doing a helicopter job because of his insubordination. He only got onboard the Atlantis expedition because O'neill was distracted by the Drone and gave him permission to walk around.

As to the other one, there are an infinite number of universes. it's extremely unlikely we just meet the same Mckay twice. There's no rule saying it has to be, and considering what you said (that it makes no sense) the logical conclusion is that it's a different Mckay and sheppard.

Comment

How did the wraith get to Earth in the alternate universe in the first place?

Comment

They don't need to. If the Goa'ulds had an alternate versions of themselves in an alternate universe, who were able to conquer the Earth while Jack was the General AND in charge of SGC IN THAT UNIVERSE, who's to say that the same did not happen with the Wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
              They don't need to. If the Goa'ulds had an alternate versions of themselves in an alternate universe, who were able to conquer the Earth while Jack was the General AND in charge of SGC IN THAT UNIVERSE, who's to say that the same did not happen with the Wraith?
              Wait, what?

Comment

How did the wraith get to Earth in the alternate universe in the first place?
                I imagine a "no man's land" situation, but Weir didn't order immediate pursuit. The hive was destroyed over Earth. Something like that. The episode shows flashbacks where a Hive (But not a superhive) was destroyed over Earth by the Arctic Superweapon

Comment

I just rewatched Vegas, and it was implied, at least from my perspective that the alternate version of Sheppard was the one from Dr. McKay and Mrs. Miller.

Comment

I just rewatched Vegas, and it was implied, at least from my perspective that the alternate version of Sheppard was the one from Dr. McKay and Mrs. Miller.
                    I don't remember the episode that well, but even if the same events did occur to that McKay it may not be the same alternate McKay from Dr. Mckay and Mrs. Miller. There are an infinite number of parallel universes out there. That means an infinite number of possible universes where a McKay visited one of them under similar circumstances.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                    X