What about Anubis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Anubis

So Ba'al goes back to 1939 and prevents the stargate from reaching the U.S. and Ba'al become the Supreme System Lord. I can't believe that Anubis would've allowed this to happen since he was a partially ascended being and would've shortly stopped Ba'al from taking over the galaxy that he wanted to rule. Even if Ba'al was allowed to rise to be the Supreme System Lord it seems to me that Anubis's "energy" would've just entered Ba'al and then Anubis, not Ba'al would've been the one and only goa'uld left after he activated the device on Dakara and recreated the galaxy to his own specs.

Perhaps he did something back then to ensure Anubis couldn't have any interference...

BUT it would have been nice to have seen some sort of mention.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Perhaps he did something back then to ensure Anubis couldn't have any interference...

BUT it would have been nice to have seen some sort of mention.
      I highly doubt Ba'al could've had any influence over Anubis

Comment

Well, Ba'al did know he was half ascended.. So perhaps he found an ancient gizmo that could keep him out of the way..??

Comment

This is Anubis we're talking about. He managed to escape an ice planet after the body he was in froze to death, try again.

Comment

I don't think we were ever specifically told when Anubis ascended (and the Others intervened). The most likely course of action is that Baal simply went back and popped one in Anubis before he ascended. Which isn't really the most interesting thing to show in a movie.

Comment

But didn't Anubis ascend many centuries ago?

Comment

But didn't Anubis ascend many centuries ago?
                Yeah, he was presumed dead about 1k years ago.

Comment

I thought Apophis was the rising star...how would Ba'al deal with him? Or do I need to rewatch things?....>.>
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    I thought Apophis was the rising star...how would Ba'al deal with him? Or do I need to rewatch things?....>.>
                    Ba'al sliced a piece of his head off after Teal'c captured him.

Comment

I remember now!
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Apophis was different from anubis though.

Comment

Well, Ba'al did know he was half ascended.. So perhaps he found an ancient gizmo that could keep him out of the way..??
                          Let's pretend for a minute there was some "magic" ancient device that could've neutralized Anubis. That leaves the only other threat to Ba'al plans of becoming the supreme system lord. Since the SGC was never formed, we would've never went to Abydos and killed Ra. But Ra didn't even get an honorable mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                            Yeah, he was presumed dead about 1k years ago.
                            Doesn't mean he ascended 1k years ago. We don't know how long he took to even convince Oma Desala to ascend him.

Even so, Baal was there when we got the Sangraal. He could've found it on his own this time and fired it in the Milky Way, killing all ascended. As long as the Ori aren't alerted to our galaxy by some means we'd be fine. He also could've confronted Oma Desala about her choice of ascending baal and correcting her mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                              Let's pretend for a minute there was some "magic" ancient device that could've neutralized Anubis. That leaves the only other threat to Ba'al plans of becoming the supreme system lord. Since the SGC was never formed, we would've never went to Abydos and killed Ra. But Ra didn't even get an honorable mention.
                              Oh, I forgot about him...Maybe Ba'al pulled a similar trick? Nuked Ra while he was at Abydos? He would have been the most obvious first target.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X