IF the System Lords were a band ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF the System Lords were a band ...

So I've been wanting to cosplay SG1 characters since .. forever. However, I'm not talented in the sewing department and since all of the System Lords costumes are so rich and unique to the show, there's really no way to buy a costume or re-work an existing costume, as far as I can tell. I am particularly interested in Hathor, obviously. I've been trying to think of out-of-the-box ways to cosplay Hathor and/or other System Lords and I had a wild idea ..

WHAT IF 'The System Lords' were a band, like .. glam-metal/hairband circa 1987. 'Hathor & the System Lords' even. To me, it totally fits the glamour and over-the-top fashion and god-like personalities. Just picturing Hathor as a souped-up rock goddess has got me intrigued! Red/gold color scheme in the outfit, her wig, ripped tights, boots and a studded leather jacket ... lol. She is the goddess of rock and roll, afterall, eh? And not just Hathor, but others too! Nirrti with a blue scheme - ripped crop t-shirt, jewels on her head. Apophis - head to toe gold lamé jumpsuit. Especially if you got a group together and did it at a convention where some of the actors were appearing. It could work!

LOL maybe this is crazy, but it's given me hope that I can actually make a Hathor cosplay happen without having to commission something for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Interesting idea...

The Lorde lyric 'you can call me Queen B' just popped into my head. Perfect for Hathor

Comment

Working...
    X