Unending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unending

When the Asgard installed the Asgard core on the Odyssey and input all the knowledge of all the Asgard of record, is it possible we could've reversed engineered it and installed it on the Deadelous class ships? Now that the Ori are defeated and we can actually use the thing, that is.

I think we saw such a core in the Phoenix ("The last man") so it's likely yea.

Comment

Eventually maybe we might have been able.. BUT i think that is also a long way off.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Eventually maybe we might have been able.. BUT i think that is also a long way off.
        It didn't take them long to get Asgard beams installed on all the Daedalus class ships, or the upgrades Asgard shields.

Comment

Those beams though are easier to make than the whole asgard core..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Those beams though are easier to make than the whole asgard core..
            The asgard core likely produces them for us. We've been struggling for like 13 seasons to make a proper energy weapon, and suddenly we're using the Asgard's most modern invention? Yea no it's the core that makes em.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              The asgard core likely produces them for us. We've been struggling for like 13 seasons to make a proper energy weapon, and suddenly we're using the Asgard's most modern invention? Yea no it's the core that makes em.
              I doubt that, since using the Asgard core attracts Ori ships

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                I doubt that, since using the Asgard core attracts Ori ships
                We'll they're dead. So that's not a problem anymore

Comment

We'll they're dead. So that's not a problem anymore
                  The Ori are dead, but the Priors ain't. It's not until TAoT that the Prior's learn the truth.

Comment

The Ori are dead, but the Priors ain't. It's not until TAoT that the Prior's learn the truth.
                    Even so, it was the connection to the hyperdrive that caused the attraction of Ori. It was fixed in Unending itself.

Comment

Even so, it was the connection to the hyperdrive that caused the attraction of Ori. It was fixed in Unending itself.
                      I don't think so. When Merrick turned on the core in TAoT to build the replicator it was like a beacon alerting all the Ori ships in the Ori galaxy to their presence. The only thing that saved the Odyssey was Carter isolating hyperdrive and navigation to the core.

Comment

I don't think so. When Merrick turned on the core in TAoT to build the replicator it was like a beacon alerting all the Ori ships in the Ori galaxy to their presence. The only thing that saved the Odyssey was Carter isolating hyperdrive and navigation to the core.
                        It was actually sending a signal. in Unending the actual hyperdrive problem was fixed.

Comment

It was actually sending a signal. in Unending the actual hyperdrive problem was fixed.
                          you're confusing me. in your last post you it was the core's connection to the hyperdrive that was a beacon to all ori ships in the galaxy, and now you're saying the hyperdrive problem was fixed, but that it was sending a signal to the ori???? Which is it?

Comment

you're confusing me. in your last post you it was the core's connection to the hyperdrive that was a beacon to all ori ships in the galaxy, and now you're saying the hyperdrive problem was fixed, but that it was sending a signal to the ori???? Which is it?
                            Both.

In Unending the hyperdrive connected to the Core caused a signal that the ori could trace.

In Ark of Truth part of the programming was that the Core would deliberately send out a signal that the Ori could trace. The IOA *wanted* the ship to be found.

Comment

Both.

In Unending the hyperdrive connected to the Core caused a signal that the ori could trace.

In Ark of Truth part of the programming was that the Core would deliberately send out a signal that the Ori could trace. The IOA *wanted* the ship to be found.
                              Merrick was an a$$ I was glad the replicators killed him, but the whole terminator thing was a bit over the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X