Stargate + zombies? Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate + zombies? Opinions?

I want to test the waters before I decide to jump into this plot. What would you guys think of a stargate plot that revolved around zombies or zombie-like creatures? For the plot I have in mind, they wouldn't be zombies in the traditional sense but infected creatures like Dead Space necromorphs.

An SG team gates to an advanced but seemingly empty archaeological facility merely to find out that the aliens had used to the stargate to explore new worlds and accidentally brought the infection into the facility. Now the SG team has to escape and not accidentally bring the infection with them.

So, opinions? What would you guys think of such a plot?

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Eh, I'm not big on zombies in Stargate, but that's just my own personal preference.

Though if you do go with that plot, perhaps you can somehow tie the origin of your "zombie plague" to the canon zombie-creating device? Maybe the "infection" is caused by nanobots that are controlled by/draw power from the cube? It would mean the team wouldn't be at risk of spreading the "infection" as long as they leave the vicinity of the device... but they don't know that until the very end of the "episode" when they figure out the trick.

Comment

Zombies, hm?

Well, I myself don't like zombies much (hell, I think the premise of say The Walking Dead is stupid, why? Because the US military alone has more bullets, rockets etc. than needed to put down the whole American population (and that's discounting guns in private hands!)...so zombies wouldn't have a chance in in hell...and even if bullets ran out? Run them over with cars, bash their heads in, use swords against them etc.), because if they really die by headshot (or otherwise removing/destroying their heads) then they have no chance, Vampires would be more successful (if they weren't weak to sunlight/UV-light!)...

Still, you could make it work, then again: I am more into science fiction and less into horror!

greetings LAX

Comment

Appreciate the feed back, but perhaps I should be more specific. I don't mean zombies as in traditional zombies like Walking Dead or Left 4 Dead. I'm thinking more of a monstrous mutation resulting from an infection similar to necromorphs in Dead Space or the Flood in Halo (albeit a darker and more nightmarish version of the latter)

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
        X