Ioa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ioa

How would y'all feel if it had been Woolsey aboard the Destiny instead of Camille Wray?

67 views and nobody has a view on this?

Comment

I don't think it would've mattered much. So the reason few people reply is that nobody really feels strongly about it (either way)

Comment

Well for one, i feel he would have worked more closely With the scientists like he did on Atlantis than Wray did.. I also feel he would NOT have led that revolt.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Well for one, i feel he would have worked more closely With the scientists like he did on Atlantis than Wray did.. I also feel he would NOT have led that revolt.
          Yeah, probably not, He tried to play it straight. He might not have always agreed with decisions made by the military, but he respected the proper chain of command. Although, when Hayes became president, he did try to have Hammond removed.

Comment

That might not have been HIS call, since that was iirc still early on in S6-7..

Comment

That might not have been HIS call, since that was iirc still early on in S6-7..
              This is true, he was essentially a pawn of McKinsey's then.

Comment

I actually think there would have been much more conflict between him and Young, since after leaving rush on the planet, Woosley would have been extremely direct about it like he always is and would have demanded young step down regardless of chain of command

Comment

But would things have gotten heated up to where young/rush HAD that butting of heads to where young left him?

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                    I actually think there would have been much more conflict between him and Young, since after leaving rush on the planet, Woosley would have been extremely direct about it like he always is and would have demanded young step down regardless of chain of command
                    Woolsey would've prolly made Rush dial Earth at the start

Comment

I honestly wonder. Has anyone seen a fan fic where that was actually DONE? And if so, was rush right in the 'explosion followed through to earth'??

Comment

I honestly wonder. Has anyone seen a fan fic where that was actually DONE? And if so, was rush right in the 'explosion followed through to earth'??
                        I think I've seen quite a lot of SGU fics, but I don't remember one about that.
                        But there are stories (or at least one story) who tells Rush made that completely up and plainly lied about it, written by a hard core Young fan. I don't know about others, I stopped reading those stories. Other stories, which were written by (more) Rush (than Young) fans (often they come out more equal to both sides, actually) tend to tell a story, were he didn't lie to O'Neill, or told at least half way the truth.
                        I, myself think the writers left that point (among others) deliberately open to give each side of fans what they liked more, and tend to keep the point open.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                          How would y'all feel if it had been Woolsey aboard the Destiny instead of Camille Wray?
                          I don't know much about Woolsey, but he seemed to be a good guy, who had more experience than Camile Wray had. That would have made it maybe easier to deal with guys like Young and Rush, which are both fundamentally different. Where Young is direct, blunt and threatening, when he doesn't get his will, Rush is always closed up and less threatening, though also not easy to handle, but I can think Woolsey may get better along with both men than Camile in the beginning.

But aside from I cannot see Camile Wray as a real fail between those men. She's very unsure in the beginning and subordinates herself to Young, but less to Rush, who seemed more equal to her. Though with time she knows both men better and starts at some point to become a good mediator between the soldiers and the civilians.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X